• IP Copied!
  • CoreProtect idea.

Arkito_

I've been wanting to post this for a while... I've been lazy.

Some of you may be familiar with the CoreProtect plugin. Though commonly used in survivals, townies, and other miscellaneous servers, I feel that it would be very helpful to have in The Mining Dead. I've suggested the idea to Grocky and Beetley and they thought it was a good proposal.

The plan is to get CoreProtect or, if needed, a modified version of the CoreProtect plugin to keep track of items taken/put into vaults, loot bags, death bags, and chest. It's a very simple addition to the game and I feel that this could reduce fights with people killing discreetly other people in pve as well as the plugin possibly searching for players using eChest mods. (I do not know for sure if CoreProtect would do that last part but it's a possibility.)

What do you all think? Tell me your thoughts.

Runkelpokk

wdym with "eChest mods" ?
    Also if you pay a bit attention you should not die to outher players and if so you can report the players who kills you if you got a proof
    what use would coreprotect bring for loot/death bags or vaults ?

Arkito_

wdym with "eChest mods" ?
    Also if you pay a bit attention you should not die to outher players and if so you can report the players who kills you if you got a proof
    what use would Coreprotect bring for loot/death bags or vaults ?
    That's my point. Some players who are killed don't have proof that anything happened and other people try to blame it on innocent players. CoreProtect is mainly used for tracking of any containers, right? So if it keeps track of what was looted from death bags and who did it, CoreProtect could really reduce problems. I only added vaults, chests, and whatever just to say what the plugin offers.

This addition to the game could be simple yet helpful.

Runkelpokk

That's my point. Some players who are killed don't have proof that anything happened and other people try to blame it on innocent players. CoreProtect is mainly used for tracking of any containers, right? So if it keeps track of what was looted from death bags and who did it, CoreProtect could really reduce problems. I only added vaults, chests, and whatever just to say what the plugin offers.

This addition to the game could be simple yet helpful.
    im pretty sure coreprotect would not work with the current bag system and it might not be worth to write a similiar system cause there is way more important stuff to do also most of the time you die in pve its cause you dont pay attention if you got killed on purpose by anouther players make sure to record the next time (simply press ctr alt r)

Arkito_

im pretty sure coreprotect would not work with the current bag system and it might not be worth to write a similiar system cause there is way more important stuff to do also most of the time you die in pve its cause you dont pay attention if you got killed on purpose by anouther players make sure to record the next time (simply press ctr alt r)
    Thank you for you input. :)

Furretto

Runkelpokk is right, core protect does not work with the current bag system I'm pretty sure, I'm sure it could with some edits to the plugin but I'm not sure if you can do that.