• IP Copied!
  • Death Drops Protection

MrNoun

Mythical
    MrNoun
    MrNoun MrNoun
    I have a suggestion that on death your loot drop is protected for a while, 5-10 minutes, so that people wont loot it. I, personally, died just outside an SZ from bandits, I came back and half my stuff was taken. I tried to talk to them but they A: wouldn't answer and B: left the game. So a rework would come in handy in case you have valuables and someone tries to steal them. If someone you know wants to take it to prevent it from de-spawning you could have a /loot access <name> or a /loot request <name> command.

Just a thought, criticism is greatly appreciated!

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    I have a suggestion that on death your loot drop is protected for a while, 5-10 minutes, so that people wont loot it. I, personally, died just outside an SZ from bandits, I came back and half my stuff was taken. I tried to talk to them but they A: wouldn't answer and B: left the game. So a rework would come in handy in case you have valuables and someone tries to steal them. If someone you know wants to take it to prevent it from de-spawning you could have a /loot access <name> or a /loot request <name> command.

Just a thought, criticism is greatly appreciated!
    That is the best idea I've heard for a while.
    The playerbase could really use something like that. Maybe drop the cooldown to 4 or 5 minutes but that's a fantastic idea, especially if you've run into a horde of bandits and you died.

That's totally never happened to me.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    The only thing I see that would be OP, in my opinion, is the ability to give someone else access to it. People will start /paying to get instant access to that chest so they don’t have to guard it. Not to mention with that being said people would scam people by saying for ???$ I will give you instant access, and then not giving access.

Overall, I like the idea! +1

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    the idea might be good for pve but not for pvp cause how would you get the stuff if you cant acces the bag ?
    but if you kill some1 on pvp how would you get his stuff ?
    This feature wouldnt be for pvp then ig
    This is for PvP, what he is suggesting is that when a player is killed, the person who killed him has to 'defend' the loot bag for 'x' amount of time before that can access it. Also, regarding letting others access your stuff immediately makes sense if only implemented on PvE.

Runkelpokk

This is for PvP, what he is suggesting is that when a player is killed, the person who killed him has to 'defend' the loot bag for 'x' amount of time before that can access it. Also, regarding letting others access your stuff immediately makes sense if only implemented on PvE.
    it would be stupid if you have to defend the loot if you were getting outnumbert and you kill some/all of them and have to wait a time befor being able to loot the players could come back in time to attack you again

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    it would be stupid if you have to defend the loot if you were getting outnumbert and you kill some/all of them and have to wait a time befor being able to loot the players could come back in time to attack you again
    It will add strategy and tactics to huge wars. People will now need to defend themselves at huge wars to restock their health items. I think that this would be a perfect addition. I do think the cooldown needs to be adjusted... how much? I don't know.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    Not necessarily...

It definitely would. Ranked players with /warp would have a major advantage. Plus, if you get a kill, you deserve to get your reward immediately, rather then have to defend it for a certain amount of time.

Also, as mentioned earlier, players traveling in groups would have a bigger advantage over solo players.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    It definitely would. Ranked players with /warp would have a major advantage. Plus, if you get a kill, you deserve to get your reward immediately, rather then have to defend it for a certain amount of time.

Also, as mentioned earlier, players traveling in groups would have a bigger advantage over solo players.
    I disagree it would require to have more skill, not top tier armor and guns. As long as you don't need skill and tactics to win there will always be a bigger advantage for Ranked Players. This would require more skill than top tier gear.

MrNoun

Mythical
    MrNoun
    MrNoun MrNoun
    I disagree it would require to have more skill, not top tier armor and guns. As long as you don't need skill and tactics to win there will always be a bigger advantage for Ranked Players. This would require more skill than top tier gear.

I just want to comment and say that, I initally wanted this to be inplemented in PVE, but if you guys would want a version of this in PVP that would be a great idea. I can see how this would end up making certain people a better edge. Your ideas are great and you critism is something that can definitely be built on!

thx bois

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I would disagree that this could be implemented in PVP -- kinda defeats the purpose, plus the points already mentioned.

PVE would be best for this, in my opinion.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    I would disagree that this could be implemented in PVP -- kinda defeats the purpose, plus the points already mentioned.

PVE would be best for this, in my opinion.

I don’t even think it would work on PvE. It would remove the point of dying. Why bother being careful and moving smart when death is so trivial? Why not just enable Keep Inventory? If you die, it’s 99% of the time fair, you shouldn’t be able to get your stuff back so easily. It doesn’t have a place in the game at all.

Say there was a group of 5 people at the prison with full riot and tier 4s. You are solo with military and tier 2s. The strat here would be to wait for one of them to break off from the group, catch him by suprise, kill him quickly, steal his stuff and either bail or fall back and pick the rest of them off.

If this was implemented, instead of being able to steal his stuff, his teammates could rush to where he died and guard his body and TP him back before you can get his stuff. They have better gear and weapons and they outnumber you, you can’t win. Your only way to survive is to run away and hope they won’t flank you.

Basically, it’s just a giant waste of time. There is no additional strategies here, no way to ever win. If you’re lucky and they’re uncoordinated, you’ll take one out if you try to fight. It actually takes less skill because you won’t need to think of inventory management. In this game, any legal advantage you can get, you should take, and this change would remove a perfectly balanced and fair advantage you can get with proper planning and thought, effectively changing the gameplay for the worse. The only way I would support this change is if /tpa, /warp, and /sz were completely removed, and if we’re being realistic, would never happen.

TLDR Solo Players would have a major disadvantage, while giving players in groups and hackers a major advantage.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    I don’t even think it would work on PvE. It would remove the point of dying. Why bother being careful and moving smart when death is so trivial? Why not just enable Keep Inventory? If you die, it’s 99% of the time fair, you shouldn’t be able to get your stuff back so easily. It doesn’t have a place in the game at all.

Say there was a group of 5 people at the prison with full riot and tier 4s. You are solo with military and tier 2s. The strat here would be to wait for one of them to break off from the group, catch him by suprise, kill him quickly, steal his stuff and either bail or fall back and pick the rest of them off.

If this was implemented, instead of being able to steal his stuff, his teammates could rush to where he died and guard his body and TP him back before you can get his stuff. They have better gear and weapons and they outnumber you, you can’t win. Your only way to survive is to run away and hope they won’t flank you.

Basically, it’s just a giant waste of time. There is no additional strategies here, no way to ever win. If you’re lucky and they’re uncoordinated, you’ll take one out if you try to fight. It actually takes less skill because you won’t need to think of inventory management. In this game, any legal advantage you can get, you should take, and this change would remove a perfectly balanced and fair advantage you can get with proper planning and thought, effectively changing the gameplay for the worse. The only way I would support this change is if /tpa, /warp, and /sz were completely removed, and if we’re being realistic, would never happen.

TLDR Solo Players would have a major disadvantage, while giving players in groups and hackers a major advantage.
    Actually... he brings up a good point. That's one of the ways my crew won any fights we were outgunned in. We outmaneuvered and struck them down and took their stuff. It's a great idea but when you think about it... it makes sense why it shouldnt be added. Sorry for my schizophrenic responses but Hobbes has proved it to be maybe not the best for the game