• IP Copied!
  • Helicopters!

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    Hello HavocMC!

So I'm clearly not the only one to have this idea, but I've found a way for this to benefit HavocMC in terms of gameplay, and financially. Pyzer (@MaddleJr) and I came up with this awesome idea!

The Mining Dead could have helicopters implemented. There is one pilot, and 2-4 players that can ride alongside the helicopter, and use any gun to shoot players or walkers. The helicopter would have gattling guns attatched to the side for shooting players, however if the heli is destroyed, you wouldn't get the gattling guns, but perhaps a few military loot bags from the crash. There would have to be fuel for the helicopter, and you can only get it by buying it from the shop on the havocmc website, or from helicopter drops that would happen once a day that anyone would be able to get. Helicopters would deactive within a certain proximity of safezones, which cars also have that similar rule with not being able to place it near safezones. If the heli was being shot down, you'd take fall damage, however you could use parachutes to glide out of the helicopter so you still survive. Obviously it may take some work for designing, and for developers to create; this feature would probably interest a lot of players who no longer play TMD.

Side idea: To make it more complex, you could find helicopter parts in random military or swat (loot) bags around the map. You could then build the helicopter with various parts such as an engine, helicopter blades, metal scraps, etc. You would only be able to place helicopters on heli pads. (There is one in Atlanta I believe) Unless I'm having a moment, they could add Hartsfield Military Base back, and have helicopter parts more common in loots bags at actual military blades, as it may be a bit unrealistic to find helicopter blades in a random military bag in Woodbury, or Alex. (Wherever military/swat loot bags spawn)

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    Parachutes would be nice though.
    But you should have to be 20-30 blocks high to deploy. So if you're like 5-6 blocks off the ground you'd take that fall damage. Because IRL you wouldn't be using a parachute off a 10 foot jump.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    It’s not a bad idea, but I doubt they’d be able to do it. They can’t even make bikes go back into your inventory, I doubt they could pull this off without major glitches. They should fix the bikes first (it’s been months and they still don’t work last time I played). Maybe they should put that seasons prize money into good devs who can code without glitches and then implement this lol

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    I remember this was a really popular idea along with tanks back in the day. I think it went so far that the owners responded with no. So I dont think theres much of a chance that this would be put it. Not to mention something like a heli is a pretty obvious idea already.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Y'know, there's been a lot of controversy regarding helicopters, whether it be due to the fact that there's been a helicopter in every rendition of the pack, or the server is just painfully large map-wise. Havoc could use helicopters, but it would be hard to code, and even harder to get all the flaws out, and like the other players in this post are saying, Havoc is caught up fixing other vehicle bugs. It would also provide a very, very interesting aspect to combat and wars, that being the enemy is not only coming from ground, but air. If players are deployable from a helicopter, think of something like prison- and that reminds me, helicopters will also be able to access areas of the map that are meant to be inaccessible, meaning builders will have to redo rooftops to be accessible etc etc, it's just not very convenient that way. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, just a complicated one. But what can I say, I've suggested full gamemodes and other complex ideas. It's a managable suggestion, but as you said, it's gonna take some time to do. I'd say, instead of always being equipped with a parachute, there's a change upon crash you won't die- but take major damage. Perhaps loss of limbs or something would occur. I also think a nerf to the side-mounted miniguns on the helicopter is needed if it's gonna be possible, because, well, if you watch any video of a dude firing a vulcan gatling gun off the side of a helicopter, it's kinda everywhere. Just a slight nerf to accuracy while it's moving. Maybe a very big accuracy drop to guys firing guns off the doors, and maybe less of it if they're firing snipers etc. Another thing to add, the pilot should not be able to shoot. It just doesn't make any sense if that's the case. Unless, it's one of those small helicopters and the pilot can go shoot without losing control. Another suggestion for this suggestion, is helicopters have a 75% chance of destruction if struck by a rocket or explosive towards the tail, and a 50 percent chance with the Barrett 50 cal to the rutter/tail/rear propeller section. Of course, the helicopter will be moving faster than a car, so hitting it is gonna be hard.
    If it's added I'd be excited for air combat.
    That would be fun.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Y'know, there's been a lot of controversy regarding helicopters, whether it be due to the fact that there's been a helicopter in every rendition of the pack, or the server is just painfully large map-wise. Havoc could use helicopters, but it would be hard to code, and even harder to get all the flaws out, and like the other players in this post are saying, Havoc is caught up fixing other vehicle bugs. It would also provide a very, very interesting aspect to combat and wars, that being the enemy is not only coming from ground, but air. If players are deployable from a helicopter, think of something like prison- and that reminds me, helicopters will also be able to access areas of the map that are meant to be inaccessible, meaning builders will have to redo rooftops to be accessible etc etc, it's just not very convenient that way. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, just a complicated one. But what can I say, I've suggested full gamemodes and other complex ideas. It's a managable suggestion, but as you said, it's gonna take some time to do. I'd say, instead of always being equipped with a parachute, there's a change upon crash you won't die- but take major damage. Perhaps loss of limbs or something would occur. I also think a nerf to the side-mounted miniguns on the helicopter is needed if it's gonna be possible, because, well, if you watch any video of a dude firing a vulcan gatling gun off the side of a helicopter, it's kinda everywhere. Just a slight nerf to accuracy while it's moving. Maybe a very big accuracy drop to guys firing guns off the doors, and maybe less of it if they're firing snipers etc. Another thing to add, the pilot should not be able to shoot. It just doesn't make any sense if that's the case. Unless, it's one of those small helicopters and the pilot can go shoot without losing control. Another suggestion for this suggestion, is helicopters have a 75% chance of destruction if struck by a rocket or explosive towards the tail, and a 50 percent chance with the Barrett 50 cal to the rutter/tail/rear propeller section. Of course, the helicopter will be moving faster than a car, so hitting it is gonna be hard.
    If it's added I'd be excited for air combat.
    That would be fun.
    Now that you mention reaching no-no zones I do support it because of all the new glitches to get not to mention flying off the map!

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I mostly support the idea, but having the fuel only available in the store makes the server a bit P2W. I know you said fuel could be found in a special drop, but I think we all know that every player who is in a ranked team will simply use rank kits and TP chain to it, just like what we did when wars for cdc or prison happened. Unless you have the sneaking ability of a god or no teams of 3+ people are on, I highly doubt a new or unranked player will get it. It would probably be better to just have it appear rarely in military loot, and NOT add it to any rank perks or crates. This ensures that people actually need to do work to get it, and not just whip out Mum's Visa to get it for free. Besides there is already a gas can model in the texture pack, so it's not like a new item would need to be added to the texture pack.

Or if Havoc is aiming for Pay 2 Win, at least increase the amount of loot drops to every 2-3 hours so that everyone not in a team gets a few shots at getting fuel.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    Just a question... how come this thread was created an hour after I said almost the exact same thing in the discord server?

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    Just a question... how come this thread was created an hour after I said almost the exact same thing in the discord server?

egolDKn.png

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    pretty sure everyone has said they would want a helicopter but they have never done it and honestly it is probably hard af to do so I don't blame them.

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    Hello HavocMC!

So I'm clearly not the only one to have this idea, but I've found a way for this to benefit HavocMC in terms of gameplay, and financially. Pyzer (@MaddleJr) and I came up with this awesome idea!

The Mining Dead could have helicopters implemented. There is one pilot, and 2-4 players that can ride alongside the helicopter, and use any gun to shoot players or walkers. The helicopter would have gattling guns attatched to the side for shooting players, however if the heli is destroyed, you wouldn't get the gattling guns, but perhaps a few military loot bags from the crash. There would have to be fuel for the helicopter, and you can only get it by buying it from the shop on the havocmc website, or from helicopter drops that would happen once a day that anyone would be able to get. Helicopters would deactive within a certain proximity of safezones, which cars also have that similar rule with not being able to place it near safezones. If the heli was being shot down, you'd take fall damage, however you could use parachutes to glide out of the helicopter so you still survive. Obviously it may take some work for designing, and for developers to create; this feature would probably interest a lot of players who no longer play TMD.

Side idea: To make it more complex, you could find helicopter parts in random military or swat (loot) bags around the map. You could then build the helicopter with various parts such as an engine, helicopter blades, metal scraps, etc. You would only be able to place helicopters on heli pads. (There is one in Atlanta I believe) Unless I'm having a moment, they could add Hartsfield Military Base back, and have helicopter parts more common in loots bags at actual military blades, as it may be a bit unrealistic to find helicopter blades in a random military bag in Woodbury, or Alex. (Wherever military/swat loot bags spawn)

love the idea. would be an interesting idea. I think it has many issues that would have to be addressed to make them a viable part of gameplay so lets put that aside. lets face it- a helo with two respectable gunners will rape the battlefield add two or 3 of them with a good ground team.... yeah i can imagine it be very interesting as trees could provide cover, so the woods might be used more. An interesting idea for the paracutes is they dont slow ur decent they just negate fall damage for one "landing" on the ground. jump off a building deploy it, u land hard but take no damage. perhaps in addition to the gunners there could be 2 slots for "jumpers" offering a VERY interesting twist to pvp. IRL helos are designed to take a decent amount of fire before being shot down, perhaps rpgs 2 shot them? 1 hit makes em move/turn slower OR knocks out guns 2 shots brings it down and kills all abord. so if there was a pilot, 2 gunners, and 2 jumpers aboard, thats 5 kills for whoever fired the second rocket.

Its a good idea but is a long way down the line if ever.