• IP Copied!
  • I don't matter so you probably won't read this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    This is a side of me you don't get to see. But its the only tone people seem to listen to. I'm about to go full toxic and flex harder than I ever have in my TMD existence. This is both a love letter and a call-out to people in Havoc.

I know my name probably doesn't ring a bell. But allow me to tell you the road I've traveled on TMD. I was searching for Apocalypse themed Minecraft servers in early 2016. Something about theminingdead caught my eye. Guns. Zombies. A real survival challenge. So in early April 2016 I hopped on. The gameplay instantly captured me. A rough-and-tumble zombie apocalypse with some cool gun mechanics and a expansive map I could explore. If I wanted to compete, I could show off in Hell Night. I met some really cool people I could get on with and survive with.

Then the Advanced Pack with its camos came along. I instantly got drawn in further. I started slowly racking up the camos until I had them all. In June I applied for Helper. Time went by and I got discouraged. All the while I became more active on forums, posting random tidbits of info about the server from kit info, gun archetypes, strategies, and a temporary map when the main one went down. That post still has some of the most views of any non-announcement post. I even started editing the Superbasic pack so it could utilize camos. I submitted it to the owners and it became official.

In December on MapMaker, there was a Safezone building contest for the big map update. I spent a long time working on mine and ended up getting in the top 10. But while I was lamenting that my SZ wouldn't be used, I got a notification that Felix had finally seen my app and wanted to talk to me about possibly becoming a Helper. I did pretty well I guess, cus in December 2016 I got accepted as a Helper. I had a pretty good run, I thought. I never got promoted to Jr Mod though.

Things in my life started taking off faster than I could comprehend. In April I would have to leave for... well if you care enough you could check my profile for stuff that happened in April 2017. In late March I had to step down so I could enjoy my last month on TMD. Things on the server were good. My life's situation didn't change until November of 17 when I finally had reliable internet and a decent laptop again. When I jumped back on TMD, a lot had changed. MM had fallen away, HN never had games going, and MW still hadn't been updated. So I signed back up for staff. In January I got Helper again. While I was a helper, I began editing the pack again. After a week or 2 of work, I submitted the second page of camos. Higher-ups liked them, and the Snow, Desert, Nerf, America, Rainbow, and Sunset camos got added. I started working on more, eventually making camos functional for the T5s, Flare Gun, some Melees, the Gat, and the Flamethrower. That was in early March.

March 18 I got the message I was up for promotion to Jr Mod. So that was good.

I did a bit of time as Jr Mod, but the longer I sat in the spot, I saw how things were falling apart. Ben and the Owners were becoming more and more distant. The community was drowning in toxicity and no one seemed to care. I made outcries to get the rules changed so people would hopefully cut the toxicity down a little, but no one else seemed to care. If staff was going to let toxicity be a key trait of TMD, I wouldn't be one of them. So I left. That was in July.

Its October. Nothing's changed. I have done everything I can to stay hopeful that things would get better. Ben's left and now there's no bridge between Owners and the server whatsoever. I had poured so much time and effort into this server. I couldn't afford to lose hope and see it all go to waste. But now it's time for me to start getting narcissistic.

All these people claim they're so important. That their ideas will change TMD for the better without any doubt. But coming from someone who's poured sweat into this server with packs, moderating, and trying to add positive things to the community, trust me. Nothing will fix this place.

There's a select group of "OGs" who claim to own the place. They're a group of Chest-thumping self-centered PvPers who think they know everything. If someone changes something remotely against how they like it, they starting *****ing and moaning about how ****ty the server is becoming. But keep in mind, you're not the only people on the planet. Some of us joined for that apocalyptic struggle and you've stripped that experience away from us trying to turn this server into the land of auto-clicked pains and jugg. For a while TMDPVP had it right with the pain cooldown. TMDC could be used for that PvP experience. Granted it needed some balancing work, preferably to become more like TMDOP. TMDPVP could be the realistic PvP/scavenging server and TMDPVE could be for RPs. But no, the OGs, thinking about only themselves got their panties in a wad and took that away from us again. Now TMDPVP and TMDC are essentially the same metas.

As someone who's poured SO. MUCH. TIME. AND. EFFORT. into making this server, I've seen how it's gears work. I haven't been around since day one, yea, but I've been around and know some ****. I've actually made moves to make the server a better place, not bring it down in the toxic sludge of ban evading-alts and empty pain bottles.

Y'all have ruined this server. Its single minded and toxic. And you have no one to blame but yourself.

I would make this an "I quit" post, but I still have a single brain cell that's stupid and has hope. If things go back up, ill be back. But until then, you guys enjoy driving this server off a cliff. It used to be a place I met friends and had a good time. Now its not. **** you for changing that.

But what do my words mean. Im just an ex-mod/resource pack dev who means nothing to the pvp meta.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    This was a ****in good read, man. I ****ing loved this. Coherent, had evidence, ACTUALLY MADE SENSE, wasn't a ****... that's rare.

I share your frustration and everything. But I think it's time we realize we gotta just sit back and watch the fire burn itself out, ya know? I got the popcorn, you got the soda?

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    This was a ****in good read, man. I ****ing loved this. Coherent, had evidence, ACTUALLY MADE SENSE, wasn't a ****... that's rare.

I share your frustration and everything. But I think it's time we realize we gotta just sit back and watch the fire burn itself out, ya know? I got the popcorn, you got the soda?
    Let the cracking open of the cold ones commence.

This is a side of me you don't get to see. But its the only tone people seem to listen to. I'm about to go full toxic and flex harder than I ever have in my TMD existence. This is both a love letter and a call-out to people in Havoc.

I know my name probably doesn't ring a bell. But allow me to tell you the road I've traveled on TMD. I was searching for Apocalypse themed Minecraft servers in early 2016. Something about theminingdead caught my eye. Guns. Zombies. A real survival challenge. So in early April 2016 I hopped on. The gameplay instantly captured me. A rough-and-tumble zombie apocalypse with some cool gun mechanics and a expansive map I could explore. If I wanted to compete, I could show off in Hell Night. I met some really cool people I could get on with and survive with.

Then the Advanced Pack with its camos came along. I instantly got drawn in further. I started slowly racking up the camos until I had them all. In June I applied for Helper. Time went by and I got discouraged. All the while I became more active on forums, posting random tidbits of info about the server from kit info, gun archetypes, strategies, and a temporary map when the main one went down. That post still has some of the most views of any non-announcement post. I even started editing the Superbasic pack so it could utilize camos. I submitted it to the owners and it became official.

In December on MapMaker, there was a Safezone building contest for the big map update. I spent a long time working on mine and ended up getting in the top 10. But while I was lamenting that my SZ wouldn't be used, I got a notification that Felix had finally seen my app and wanted to talk to me about possibly becoming a Helper. I did pretty well I guess, cus in December 2016 I got accepted as a Helper. I had a pretty good run, I thought. I never got promoted to Jr Mod though.

Things in my life started taking off faster than I could comprehend. In April I would have to leave for... well if you care enough you could check my profile for stuff that happened in April 2017. In late March I had to step down so I could enjoy my last month on TMD. Things on the server were good. My life's situation didn't change until November of 17 when I finally had reliable internet and a decent laptop again. When I jumped back on TMD, a lot had changed. MM had fallen away, HN never had games going, and MW still hadn't been updated. So I signed back up for staff. In January I got Helper again. While I was a helper, I began editing the pack again. After a week or 2 of work, I submitted the second page of camos. Higher-ups liked them, and the Snow, Desert, Nerf, America, Rainbow, and Sunset camos got added. I started working on more, eventually making camos functional for the T5s, Flare Gun, some Melees, the Gat, and the Flamethrower. That was in early March.

March 18 I got the message I was up for promotion to Jr Mod. So that was good.

I did a bit of time as Jr Mod, but the longer I sat in the spot, I saw how things were falling apart. Ben and the Owners were becoming more and more distant. The community was drowning in toxicity and no one seemed to care. I made outcries to get the rules changed so people would hopefully cut the toxicity down a little, but no one else seemed to care. If staff was going to let toxicity be a key trait of TMD, I wouldn't be one of them. So I left. That was in July.

Its October. Nothing's changed. I have done everything I can to stay hopeful that things would get better. Ben's left and now there's no bridge between Owners and the server whatsoever. I had poured so much time and effort into this server. I couldn't afford to lose hope and see it all go to waste. But now it's time for me to start getting narcissistic.

All these people claim they're so important. That their ideas will change TMD for the better without any doubt. But coming from someone who's poured sweat into this server with packs, moderating, and trying to add positive things to the community, trust me. Nothing will fix this place.

There's a select group of "OGs" who claim to own the place. They're a group of Chest-thumping self-centered PvPers who think they know everything. If someone changes something remotely against how they like it, they starting *****ing and moaning about how ****ty the server is becoming. But keep in mind, you're not the only people on the planet. Some of us joined for that apocalyptic struggle and you've stripped that experience away from us trying to turn this server into the land of auto-clicked pains and jugg. For a while TMDPVP had it right with the pain cooldown. TMDC could be used for that PvP experience. Granted it needed some balancing work, preferably to become more like TMDOP. TMDPVP could be the realistic PvP/scavenging server and TMDPVE could be for RPs. But no, the OGs, thinking about only themselves got their panties in a wad and took that away from us again. Now TMDPVP and TMDC are essentially the same metas.

As someone who's poured SO. MUCH. TIME. AND. EFFORT. into making this server, I've seen how it's gears work. I haven't been around since day one, yea, but I've been around and know some ****. I've actually made moves to make the server a better place, not bring it down in the toxic sludge of ban evading-alts and empty pain bottles.

Y'all have ruined this server. Its single minded and toxic. And you have no one to blame but yourself.

I would make this an "I quit" post, but I still have a single brain cell that's stupid and has hope. If things go back up, ill be back. But until then, you guys enjoy driving this server off a cliff. It used to be a place I met friends and had a good time. Now its not. **** you for changing that.

But what do my words mean. Im just an ex-mod/resource pack dev who means nothing to the pvp meta.

Dude srsly just delete this post, its doing nothing helpful

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    I would like to add one note.

Builders. Jesus Christ I respect y'all more than you know right now. You guys have poured a lot of time and effort into your pieces of art that no one properly recognizes - especially the MW builders. Oh my God do I feel bad for you MW builders who put so much time into the MW update.

egmp1

Mythical
    egmp1
    egmp1 egmp1
    rip MW 2016-2018

oh hi Cat_Squirrel_Inc, you might not remember me because I quit this very long ago, but what you MIGHT remember me for, is for being the first person to reach the highest infection stage, which was like 460 or something. Im suprised to still see you here, but yeah. Also the only reason im here is to talk about TWD tv series.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    oh hi Cat_Squirrel_Inc, you might not remember me because I quit this very long ago, but what you MIGHT remember me for, is for being the first person to reach the highest infection stage, which was like 460 or something. Im suprised to still see you here, but yeah. Also the only reason im here is to talk about TWD tv series.
    ayyy I do remember you! And yes, I'm still here xD

Mostly for the memes and drama at this point.

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno
    Dear @ChlngeAccepted

Remember me? Yeah, I’m the guy you met at Hartsfield with AlphaDemonQueen. The one that inspired you by my digital skin to create that digital camo bag in the texture pack. The guy that tried out your meme pack and the guy that excessively wanted to kill Dad Bot. It’s been a rough and bumpy road for me up until my leave (for all of us, actually). But I was that one guy that kept hope. Maybe it was because of my hope that you still have that one “brain cell” of hope. But it’s not always a bad thing to let go of something, whether you love it or hate it.

Dear @Cat_Squirrel_Inc

You saw it coming. The demise of this server. The day I showed you one of my first minecraft servers that I joined that was once filled with people and you showed me yours, one thought popped into both of our heads. “Something created a fire and we watched it burned.” I know we don’t have the power to do anything. The monsters’ screeches are far louder than our cries. But that’s why we can’t stop and cry; we need to let go or push through - and you are very aware of that. We can’t change what’s in the past or what’s been created. We can only watch it burn.

So, anyone getting the apple ciders?

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Dear @ChlngeAccepted

Remember me? Yeah, I’m the guy you met at Hartsfield with AlphaDemonQueen. The one that inspired you by my digital skin to create that digital camo bag in the texture pack. The guy that tried out your meme pack and the guy that excessively wanted to kill Dad Bot. It’s been a rough and bumpy road for me up until my leave (for all of us, actually). But I was that one guy that kept hope. Maybe it was because of my hope that you still have that one “brain cell” of hope. But it’s not always a bad thing to let go of something, whether you love it or hate it.

Dear @Cat_Squirrel_Inc

You saw it coming. The demise of this server. The day I showed you one of my first minecraft servers that I joined that was once filled with people and you showed me yours, one thought popped into both of our heads. “Something created a fire and we watched it burned.” I know we don’t have the power to do anything. The monsters’ screeches are far louder than our cries. But that’s why we can’t stop and cry; we need to let go or push through - and you are very aware of that. We can’t change what’s in the past or what’s been created. We can only watch it burn.

So, anyone getting the apple ciders?
    I literally cant forget you.
    I mean... I can go back to the store and get some apple ciders. Never really thought of them.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Dear @Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Comments:
    a) for some reason I got a very passive aggressive tone from this, idk why maybe that's just the dementia setting in
    b) tell me something I don't know. Bish I knew it was dying before I met you xD no need to repeat what I said
    c) memes.

d) I got hard apple cider, that good enough? I drink to forget but I always remember, so maybe it's better for you xDD

Miss ya boo

EDIT: I actually skipped a whole sentence in your comment wtf (lowkey going insane). I retract the passive aggressive bit... just a lil tho bc the first 4 words seemed mean oowoo idk I had a lot of coffee leave me alone im fragile

GodClaps

Mythical
    Roofied_
    Roofied_ Roofied_
    Yea dude you right this server used to be a lot more fun. I joined in 2015 everything was great wasn't that toxic people were nice. Know everyone is a *****. Us people have ruined this server and I hope we can fix it as well. And I can't lie I have been a ***** at time ive got into fights with staff for meaning less reasons. But we all have to realize how much work they put in to make this server fun to play.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Sometimes, I'm thinking it's people like Chlnge, Kyritic, and other notable members who actually see things that some of the community can. Toxicity, lack of updates. Surely I can't be the only one noticing this? Chlnge, that was very true, and kind of motivational. It's giving us a reason to bring us back to the good times, were player counts were in the hundreds, community was good, etc. So bring em on! I want to see more posts like this!

DreamMayCry

Mythical
    DreamMayCry
    DreamMayCry DreamMayCry
    I highly agree. I had started around the same time as Chlnge as I never became well known and am still a "rando" as those OGs call it. I've seen the lack of updates and the endless toxic sludge. One toxic person down, ten more take its place. I hate that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.