• IP Copied!
  • Mine Wars 2.0 - Player Suggestions

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    43fa7d5969920ec5891ebe970ed8f1ed.png

Hey everyone, let's get started shall we?

Mine Wars 2.0:
    So as many of you may already be aware, Mine Wars is being reworked to provide a much more stable and fun experience for players. It has been left untouched for far too long, so now all the effort of the owners and developers will be focused towards Mine Wars. There are numerous changes that will take place and while there is a general plan laid out, we would like player input on what you would all like to see happen with the gamemode. Please read the thread rules below before submitting any ideas you would like to see implementing in Mine Wars 2.0.

Rules for posting suggestions/ideas:
    - Keep the post on topic with what this thread is about.
    - Try to keep your suggestions contained within one post so to not flood the thread with numerous posts with only one suggestion.
    - While any ideas can be suggested, please keep them reasonable.
    - If you dislike or disagree with another player's suggestion, please keep it too yourself. It accomplishes nothing to hate on another user's suggestion (constructive criticism is allowed).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may be posting! If you have any questions regarding Mine Wars I will answer them to the best of my ability.

HeyItsJR

Well, I think that that builders should be put to work (in a nice way) they should work on a new map/game mode/area of the map... this will make older, more leveled players would be put to explore the map to find secrets. Also make new guns so that the variety of pvp may vary. Also make so you can sell guns.. New players (and old) will have a reason to pick up random guns to get money.

MrMe5303

Mythical
    MrMe5303
    MrMe5303 MrMe5303
    Planet Capture (King of the Hill)
    Capture curtain part of planets and what ever side of the force (Jedi/Sith) have it captured get a small bonus effect while on the planet that they have captured: Example: Exp increase from killing mobs.

Speeders
    The Yellow speeder from StarWars Episode 2, the one Anikan uses to chance the bounty hunter should be added.

Texture pack
    A basic version should be made for those of use with slower computers.

Monthly Bonuses
    A monthly bonus should be added depending on your rank. However nothing like item kits or special abilities/warps to try and keep it non pay to win.

<Will add more later>

Oxka

Champion
    Oxka
    Oxka Oxka
    Planet Capture (King of the Hill)
    Capture curtain part of planets and what ever side of the force (Jedi/Sith) have it captured get a small bonus effect while on the planet that they have captured: Example: Exp increase from killing mobs.

Speeders
    The Yellow speeder from StarWars Episode 2, the one Anikan uses to chance the bounty hunter should be added.

Texture pack
    A basic version should be made for those of use with slower computers.

Monthly Bonuses
    A monthly bonus should be added depending on your rank. However nothing like item kits or special abilities/warps to try and keep it non pay to win.

<Will add more later>
    Aw man i already made a basic texturepack lol

Oxka

Champion
    Oxka
    Oxka Oxka
    Ideas to add:
    Speeder shop: Located at the mechanical area All speeders 3.5k unless said otherwise
    Snow Speeder: Expensive speeder with low power guns built into it; reload of 5 seconds and can shoot moderate speed up to 6 times Cost 10k at speeder shop
    More cosemetics for leveling up: At level 18 offer sith black robes and at level 18 offer jedi a white lightsaber
    The ability boosters "Uses" Do not change and or remove it entirely because that would crush alot of value in boosters and make me cry
    Longer force lightning: It is only effective at slightly more than saber range , Either give it a short stun or make it longer
    Make legendaries more rare: To provoke players to sell for higher prices make them at a weapon shop 20k buy and 15k sell so players sell for over 15k. Or you can simply nerf them.
    Clans: Create a clan for 25k! Ability to invite 10 people , pay another 25k to increase room , All clan members cannot hit eachother
    Add more cake at the falcon godammit

- Alkruel

Last edited:

Retop

Titan
    Retop
    Retop Retop
    43fa7d5969920ec5891ebe970ed8f1ed.png

Hey everyone, let's get started shall we?

Mine Wars 2.0:
    So as many of you may already be aware, Mine Wars is being reworked to provide a much more stable and fun experience for players. It has been left untouched for far too long, so now all the effort of the owners and developers will be focused towards Mine Wars. There are numerous changes that will take place and while there is a general plan laid out, we would like player input on what you would all like to see happen with the gamemode. Please read the thread rules below before submitting any ideas you would like to see implementing in Mine Wars 2.0.

Rules for posting suggestions/ideas:
    - Keep the post on topic with what this thread is about.
    - Try to keep your suggestions contained within one post so to not flood the thread with numerous posts with only one suggestion.
    - While any ideas can be suggested, please keep them reasonable.
    - If you dislike or disagree with another player's suggestion, please keep it to yourself. It accomplishes nothing to hate on another user's suggestion (constructive criticism is allowed).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may be posting! If you have any questions regarding Mine Wars I will answer them to the best of my ability.
    Super exited for whats to come, Keep up the amazing work!!!

Tactical_Fox48
    Tactical_Fox48 Tactical_Fox48
    Smaller maps for team death match variants, otherwise specific PvP game modes are going to be run by snipers. Larger maps aren't going to be fun without larger team sizes anyway, so being given the option to choose a smaller map in the pre-match lobby will help if players are waiting too long for more to join.

TurnToChrist

Legend
    TurnToChrist
    TurnToChrist TurnToChrist
    First off I’d just like to touch on a few ideas mentioned that I agree with:

-Clans: This would be a great opportunity to widen the community, competition, and encourage players to cooperate with each other more. Initially, a guild could be created for 10 people and cost let’s say 50k to establish. And I agree with Alkruel - one should be allowed to invite more than just 10 people to a guild. Intervals of 25k per 10 additional member slots seems reasonable enough, though I say shouldn’t be any more than 50 people MAX in a clan. Unless of course Mine Wars magically becomes the next best gamemode in all the Minecraft Universe. Anyways, one of my biggest dreams before deciding to quit was to create a massive clan and take over a city or claim a specific territory. With the application of Clans, the possibilities are limitless.

-Monthly Bonuses: Yes, absolutely. TMD has them, why not be implemented to MW? I was considering Legendary Crates (depending on what rank you are) would be sensible.

Ex.)
    VIP-Champion = 1
    Legend-Titan = 2
    Mythical = 3

OR perhaps a variant of /kits in a sense, which doesn't make one too overpowered yet still gives them a slight advantage or convenience.

Ex.) 1 Tusken Cycler, 1 Mandalorian Sniper, 1 DC-15a, 1 R80 Microblaster, 1 quarterstaff, 6 thermal detonators and 10 gold coins.

(with the kits being somewhat better/worse as you go up/down in the ranks)

-Adding “secrets” or “Easter eggs” rather to the maps: One thing that I particularly enjoyed doing when there was nothing better to do on Mine Wars was to go around the map and seek out secret/hidden areas. There are several creative hidden areas scattered throughout Tatooine, and I find myself revisiting them all the time. I know it’s not the first priority, but please, please be sure to consider taking the time to add them as they do enhance the experience.

-“King of the Hill”: Ooooh yeah. This would be SOOO much fun. Okay, this was actually one the major ideas I had in mind and scraped my plans for, but think about the huge Library in Bestine for example. Not only does it closely resemble the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, but the structure alone is also PERFECT for a Capture-Defend type minigame. If such a building had a designated area on the map where clans of Jedi/Sith could wage war against each other in an attempt to see who can outnumber/overpower the other side to keep it under control, that would be pretty neat.

--------------------
    My additional Ideas:

1.) I’ve already made a message on the #Suggestions channel of Havoc’s Discord covering this topic, but would like to bring it up here again briefly.

Here’s the thing: Mine Wars is a relatively difficult gamemode with several complex features for nearly all newcomers to understand. Naturally, this causes them to frequently ask questions about the game mechanics and such in chat, which avid players may find simple but do not always wish to answer or, better yet, do not and cannot supply the rookies with an adequately detailed enough answer for their needs. Then, it becomes very easy for new players to want to quit, as they cannot seem to interpret how the game works, and therefore surely will not find it enjoyable. And it’s not only the average players who are affected, I also couldn’t help but notice this issue also seems to be discouraging YouTubers from playing (and instead switch to something a little more simple).

Taking this into consideration, I see three possible solutions here:

a.) Mine Wars could seriously use a more extended "tutorial" in some shape or form, as clearly many important questions from confused people about the game's logic are going unanswered. I'm aware there are helpful guides on the forums that can answer many of the typical questions asked, but new players just simply don't have enough sense to do that. Instead, what I think would really help effectively solve this concern would be to have a better & more detailed tutorial before allowing players to embark on their own. Perhaps a sort of instructive guidance animation/slideshow that takes them from place to place, with text displayed, and covers many of the FAQ/basic logic ahead-of-time.

b.) Make a /warp to a room that lists the FAQ, and offers proper explanations.

** c.) Use a plugin that many other servers utilize where helpful tips are publicly displayed in chat every few minutes or so. Along with this, provide links to a forum guide or two.

2.) I believe I’ve seen this idea somewhere before, but feeding off of what __Virus requested to have more quests, I would highly recommend the addition of an NPC in the bigger cities (like Mos Eisley) if not all of them who you can do daily quests for in order to earn cosmic credits or something.

3.) Conquest should grant rewards, but not something too-too beneficial in-game. I would say, to keep it nice and simple, just simply award 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place with Cosmic Credits only.

Ex.)
    1st = 6 diamond coins

2nd = 3 diamond coins

3rd = 1 diamond coin

4th = 8 gold coins

5th = 4 gold coins

The only inevitable downside of this of course is that people will get jealous if they do not get in the top places.

--------------------
    Now in terms of current known in-game bugs…

This post is long enough at this point, so if someone or staff are interested then please PM me and I can list some I’m aware of in detail. There are quite a few important ones actually, and it would be quite unfortunate if they were not resolved after the update.

--------------------
    Anyways, one part of me will be sad for a really long time that I won’t be seeing the new Mine Wars :( . But nevertheless, I hope this “essay” helped somewhat or at least gave you guys something to ponder on. I’d also like to encourage anyone else who thinks they have an idea to present it.

@JR The build team have been working on new maps for a while now, and they have recently gained a few more builders so hopefully that means more progress will be made towards finishing Endor/Hoth and all the coding.

Also: I would like to restate what Lateralization said, “Try to keep your suggestions contained within one post…” Unless of course someone should respond to a reply about their message or something of that sort, it would be nice if this thread could be kept relatively organized with each individual’s own ideas on what could be added to Mine Wars and that way it is easier to see ;). Cheers.

Last edited:

Qizu

Mythical
    Qizu
    Qizu Qizu
    -Warp to main points in the map.
    -companions to make exp boost or damage boost or to attack and defend.
    -Level up faster
    -add a city on the map
    -fill out bounty hunter and rebel role

Zepat

Mythical
    Zepat
    Zepat Zepat
    I'd like to see the other two factions added to the game, which is bounty hunters and can't remember what the other one was.

Also, new maps with new quests.

Lastly, bring back the PVE server. I'm really not a big fan of people that PVP on speeders with legendaries... I'm not a big fan of Jedis or Siths using guns either as they never do in movies, legit makes no sense, and thats why I'd love for PVE to come back.

Last edited:

Andycool

Andycool
    Andycool Andycool
    Now that this thread is dead, time for my suggestions.

Someone suggested this a long time ago, but npcs that spawn in the desert around the map that drop ok loot and pretty good xp. This would make the area between towns more than just dead space. I'll link a few wiki pages for ideas on what type of creature it could be.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dewback
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eopie
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bladeback_boar
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures_of_Tatooine

A new gun called the pulse cannon. It would be a sniper-type gun, so no drop or travel time, and it shoots a 3 round M16 type burst that uses 32& per shot. Each shot does 3 damage bars worth, so if you land all 3 shots, it's slightly over the damage of a tusken. The reload time would be around 5 to 7 seconds, so it wouldn't be as easy to spam.

Now onto bounty hunter/smuggler stuff.

I know jedi don't run around using blasters in the movies, but I'd like to keep this part of the characters the same (having 6 slots open for guns, parts, or whatnot). What I think should be different is the melee weapon, making it something like an electrostaff (but that can still block shots), and the force abilities. Smugglers and bounty hunters obviously aren't force sensitive, so that leads to having different abilities to replace the force abilities jedi have. One of the more obvious ones would be a jetpack to replace force leap, something that can go up and to the side a little ways, but burns a lot of energy (on the xp bar). Another could be uppercut or something similar, launching opponents up and doing damage. I think this would be a better way of introducing bounty hunters and smugglers into the game than as characters with built in rpgs.

May edit more in if I get ideas.

MrMe5303

Mythical
    MrMe5303
    MrMe5303 MrMe5303
    My opinion on a few things I saw listed throughout the thread

More detailed tutorial

YES! If not completely replacing the current one at least make it so you have an option to do the advanced tutorial after completing the first one.

Warps
    No. The maps are not overly large and with speeders and speed from holding a lightsabre its incredibly easy to get anywhere in a few short minutes.

Changing the leveling system
    No. I believe that the leveling system is perfectly fine as it is, with the update there will most likely be more quests and stronger enimies that provide more exp to higher levels. So even though its currently hard to level up once you hit the level 20 area, it should hopefully change with the update.

Daily quests

Amazing idea...nothing else to say about this except that it should be implemented.

New guns/enemies
    Some new guns with different firing styles would be great. Example:A mini gun type style that shoots fast and has a big clip, however the bullets do very low amount of damage (Note: if this was added have it so when blocking mini gun bullets it uses up less amount of force energy because if it consumed the regular amount this would be horrid and hated) Another gun could be a burst fire with high damage, fires 3 bullets-wait-fire 3 bullets-wait-fire 3 bullets-long reload

Killing rebels/storm troopers/tuskens, and the occasional palace guard is all good but if there could be more enemies it would be great, such as Ewoks that stun you if you come near their camps/vehicles, and drop vehicle parts apon death.

Clans/teams
    A way to not damage sith/jedi (depending on what side your on, their the opposite) that your travailing with would be great and a would be amazing to have.

Easter eggs
    Yes!!! More!!! Always more!!!

My Idea
    Set up a therapist for a certain someone that goes crazy and gets salty whenever they die or think something is going to happen that they don't like (even though its not) Cough* You know who you are.... Cough*