• IP Copied!
  • Our Plans for the Summer

Jacobg1998

Owner
    Jacobg1998
    Jacobg1998 Jacobg1998
    OM2HtZS.png

Hello everyone, today I am excited to bring you an update about our plans for the server over this summer.

The Mining Dead
    Our first significant update of the summer will be a major server rebrand. While many of our gamemodes have been popular with certain groups of players, The Mining Dead has clearly been the most popular throughout the entirety of server’s lifespan, and we feel that shifting the network’s focus to it and its spinoff gamemodes is the best option to build a thriving network around. Beginning in early July, we will release an update shifting the branding of the server to a Mining Dead theme. This will include a Mining Dead themed hub, an updated Mining Dead themed website, and a more central focus on the miningdead.com ip.

Shortly after these changes are made, we will begin doing heavy advertising via Youtubers, Server Sites, and Social Media. We believe with a strong Mining Dead brand we will be able to stand out in comparison to all the other generic servers that are using similar advertising methods and have success in rebuilding the server’s player count.

Havoc Horizons
    Havoc Horizons will not be a central focus for the server moving forward, however it will still be accessible with the server selector menu after the update. This means that we do not plan on having any resets or releasing anymore updates for Horizons in the foreseeable future. Simply put, there are hundreds of Skyblock servers out there which are essentially the same gamemode as Havoc Horizons, and we don’t feel that we can provide anything unique in this gamemode moving forward as we feel we can provide with some of our other more original gamemodes.

Mine Wars
    Although the network will be switching to a Mining Dead theme, we still have some exciting plans for Mine Wars. When Mine Wars 2.0 is released, it will have a separate ip (it will also still be accessible from the main ip) and an alternate Mine Wars theme for our website. We are still working out how the specifics will work with when Mine Wars 2.0 is released, so expect another news post once it is closer to being released.

With the release of Mine Wars 2.0, there will be a full gear and level reset. The only thing that will remain are cosmetics and anyone who bought an extra nexus will still have access to it. The updated Mine Wars will feature two new planets (Hoth and Endor) as well as some aesthetic updates for Tatooine. Many new mobs will also be included with these planets, including but not limited to Ewoks, Wampas, Wookies, Shadowtroopers, Droids and several more. This update will also introduce a brand new quest system that will feature more side quests found throughout the various planets rather than a main quest line at HQ’s. This update will also include many new items including new guns and 40 different Lightsabers. We expect this update to be released mid to late summer and will release more details when the update is closer to being released.

Overall, we are very excited about the Server’s future. With updated branding centered around The Mining Dead and Mine Wars as well as lots of advertising we are confident that we can rebuild the server to what it once was.

FvY3eqo.png

AQ7463X.png

FEZSq9T.png

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    OM2HtZS.png

Hello everyone, today I am excited to bring you an update about our plans for the server over this summer.

The Mining Dead
    Our first significant update of the summer will be a major server rebrand. While many of our gamemodes have been popular with certain groups of players, The Mining Dead has clearly been the most popular throughout the entirety of server’s lifespan, and we feel that shifting the network’s focus to it and its spinoff gamemodes is the best option to build a thriving network around. Beginning in early July, we will release an update shifting the branding of the server to a Mining Dead theme. This will include a Mining Dead themed hub, an updated Mining Dead themed website, and a more central focus on the miningdead.com ip.

Shortly after these changes are made, we will begin doing heavy advertising via Youtubers, Server Sites, and Social Media. We believe with a strong Mining Dead brand we will be able to stand out in comparison to all the other generic servers that are using similar advertising methods and have success in rebuilding the server’s player count.

Havoc Horizons
    Havoc Horizons will not be a central focus for the server moving forward, however it will still be accessible with the server selector menu after the update. This means that we do not plan on having any resets or releasing anymore updates for Horizons in the foreseeable future. Simply put, there are hundreds of Skyblock servers out there which are essentially the same gamemode as Havoc Horizons, and we don’t feel that we can provide anything unique in this gamemode moving forward as we feel we can provide with some of our other more original gamemodes.

Mine Wars
    Although the network will be switching to a Mining Dead theme, we still have some exciting plans for Mine Wars. When Mine Wars 2.0 is released, it will have a separate ip (it will also still be accessible from the main ip) and an alternate Mine Wars theme for our website. We are still working out how the specifics will work with when Mine Wars 2.0 is released, so expect another news post once it is closer to being released.

With the release of Mine Wars 2.0, there will be a full gear and level reset. The only thing that will remain are cosmetics and anyone who bought an extra nexus will still have access to it. The updated Mine Wars will feature two new planets (Hoth and Endor) as well as some aesthetic updates for Tatooine. Many new mobs will also be included with these planets, including but not limited to Ewoks, Wampas, Wookies, Shadowtroopers, Droids and several more. This update will also introduce a brand new quest system that will feature more side quests found throughout the various planets rather than a main quest line at HQ’s. This update will also include many new items including new guns and 40 different Lightsabers. We expect this update to be released mid to late summer and will release more details when the update is closer to being released.

Overall, we are very excited about the Server’s future. With updated branding centered around The Mining Dead and Mine Wars as well as lots of advertising we are confident that we can rebuild the server to what it once was.

FvY3eqo.png

AQ7463X.png

FEZSq9T.png
    Yasss!!! Also, First!

Zepat

Mythical
    Zepat
    Zepat Zepat
    Will Cosmic Credits be reset as well? (In Mine Wars, player asked about this)

EDIT: Fixed a spelling mistake.

Last edited:
    Shredder_Playz
    Shredder_Playz Shredder_Playz
    Finally! I’ve been waiting so long for us to release a bunch of info about MW update. I see some of my suggestions made it into the update... thanks for considering my ideas. 40 different light sabers sounds amazing. Is this mean a combination or color and hilts? :)

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Although I feel for those who might feel 'cheated', TWD has been the whole model for this server. I'm glad you guys decided to focus in one single aspect, this will finally allow the whole staff team to brainstorm this gamemode to its limits.
    I'm super excited to see its future, I hope to see my friend list getting online once again ;)

Shredder_Playz
    Shredder_Playz Shredder_Playz
    Although I feel for those who might feel 'cheated', TWD has been the whole model for this server. I'm glad you guys decided to focus in one single aspect, this will finally allow the whole staff team to brainstorm this gamemode to its limits.
    I'm super excited to see its future, I hope to see my friend list getting online once again ;)

Don’t forget about the MineWars Ip, and MineWars alternative website theme. :)

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    Definitely a bitter-sweet moment for me. Horizons was what got me attached to Havoc and re-ignited my passion for Minecraft. I would come home and spend hours working on my farms, talking to people, and building. It turned into a creative outlet where I could forget about what was happening in my life and just focus on this one thing. Hearing that it's not going to be developed sucks, but the enjoyment it provided and memories I've made will not be forgotten.

But this post has also gotten me really excited. Seeing a path laid out for the future, explaining what's going to happen is really, really exciting. I think this goes to show that everyone who complained that the owners don't listen (including me..) should see this as a clear sign that they do listen and they do care. They've been listening and planning. And now we're on the brink of an entirely new Havoc.

To JB, Jacob, Valp, and the development team, keep up the great work. You guys are the backbone of this server, and without you there would be no future. I'm excited to see what's coming :)

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    OM2HtZS.png

The Mining Dead

Havoc Horizons

Mine Wars

FvY3eqo.png

AQ7463X.png

FEZSq9T.png

tmd wont be reset right? please dear god say no. thanks :) @Jacobg1998

also WOW thats a big update for mine wars!