• IP Copied!
  • TMD: Rule Clarification, "Spawn Killing" and bases

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    With bases, we have a new problem. Mods are coming online and giving warnings to people who pvp in bases.

Spawn Killing is when you do /play with a spaz, then stand 5 blocks away from that spawn point and mess with noobs. It is bannable, don't do it.

Spawn Killing is NOT killing someone, even multiple times in a row, around their base. They have to choose to come back to their base, to defend it. They have to click that button. And if they want to, they can use /play or /sz instead, to avoid the "spawn camping".

TLDR:
    Spawn Killing is the act of camping a spawning point for pvp. A base is not a spawning point.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    Yeah, I agree. People should be able to go to bases and repeatedly kill the base owners... it happens all the time in TWD. It doesn’t even close to spawn camping. Said base owners choose to come back, they aren’t forced. It’s ridiculous to get punished for trying to raid a base and having to defend yourself from the base owner while your waiting. In spawn camping, said person who dies doesn’t have a choice to go where they go, not vice versa. Base owners choose to go back.

Edit: Forgot to mention that they also chose to go outside their base... It’s not like anyone can get in there. If they can get it in it then I can see why it’s punishable.

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    Edit: Forgot to mention that they also chose to go outside their base... It’s not like anyone can get in there. If they can get it in it then I can see why it’s punishable.
    There are several legitimate ways to get into most bases without a roof. Usually it involves barricading up to a tree or jumping from a building. Even inside a base, it’s still not a spawn point. It’s a warp.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    There are several legitimate ways to get into most bases without a roof. Usually it involves barricading up to a tree or jumping from a building. Even inside a base, it’s still not a spawn point. It’s a warp.
    That’s not supposed to happen. The Owners have already done a lot to prevent that. In my opinion if they are camping inside the base it should be punishable. However, if it’s outside the base I see no problem with it.

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    That’s not supposed to happen. The Owners have already done a lot to prevent that. In my opinion if they are camping inside the base it should be punishable. However, if it’s outside the base I see no problem with it.
    If they want to make bases barrier blocked like the walls of safe zones, they could have done that. Bases that have an open roof can not rely on a moderator to come wag fingers at pvp. If you’re this much^ of a coward, reroll to pve please.

Don’t punish people for pvp! A base is not a spawn point.

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    That’s not supposed to happen. The Owners have already done a lot to prevent that.
    Hard work and investment into a base does NOT guaranteed your items or self are safe inside that base. At the very least people can lob grenades over the walls, or should they get banned for that too? /s

Your enderchest is your safe storage.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    Technically, you we probably warned for exploitation. It’s been known that the Owners and Devs have tried to prevent players and mobs alike from getting into bases. That was the whole point of making it so you can’t place barriers within a said amount, I believe 50 blocks, of a base. Also, bases are meant to be a safe place, that was one of the main reason they were added. It’s outside of a bade where you shouldn’t be safe. The reason for not having barrier blocks around a base is so it’s members can defend the base from all angles.

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    Technically, you we probably warned for exploitation.
    You misunderstand. I’ve never raided anyone else’s base. I’ve never been warned. I made this thread after TWO consecutive mods couldn’t define spawn killing when some random person was chatting with them in global about the warning they just received.

On the contrary, I’ve been killed in my own base three times. One was a sniper from a nearby tree, one was probably tpa’d in with full jugg and went on a random rampage, and I’m not sure how the last guy got in but he got me multiple times as I spammed /kits and /base to come back and smack him until we got bored.

There’s nothing wrong with base pvp if your base is open roof and next to a legal way like driving your car on treetops.

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    Maybe a short spawn prot might help ?
    That’s a nice idea, coupled with mods leaving people alone to raid bases.

I think /base giving you a strong buff for ~30 seconds is enough. I’d stay away from full invulnerability.
    However, this would also require a cooldown on /base, or people would spam it to keep the resistance buff up while defending.

So:
    /base gives resistance/HoT for 30 seconds
    /base now has a 2-5 minute cooldown

This would make repeated “base killing” feel less like “spawn killing”, by giving the defenders the home field advantage.

Chocolattae

Famous
    Chocolattae
    Chocolattae Chocolattae
    Hi!

At the moment, the rules regarding bases don't have a lot of clarity. However, we're working to configure the rules. If you'd like, I suggest you give @Beetley your input on how you'd like the rules to be changed with bases.

Runkelpokk

Hi!

At the moment, the rules regarding bases don't have a lot of clarity. However, we're working to configure the rules. If you'd like, I suggest you give @Beetley your input on how you'd like the rules to be changed with bases.
    "rules" which can be easily be broken by just playing the game are never good it would be better if forbidden things would not even be possible

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    I’ll restate what I said earlier. It should only be punishable if the ‘camping’ player is inside the base. Maybe also go and edit the map so there aren’t any trees you can climb to get in.