• IP Copied!
  • We all want change.

Do you agree with the ideas in the conclusion?

• Total voters

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    Hey,

So I decided to make a group message with different groups and communities of Havoc just outlining what we all want from the server, but I can only have 5 people in a message so I have to put into a forum post, So please do not make this toxic. I wanted to make it a private message so that I can direct stuff to people and prevent arguments so please don’t do that. We all want Havoc to succeed in the end, it's just about communicating to each other how stuff could work or why it would not.

I'm in no way demanding anything, I am only a builder but again I want the server to succeed and I felt this would be beneficial for the server, at least to see where we all stand because it tends to get confusing with different people requesting different things.

I will probably split it into different communities to make it easier.

OG’s / PVP Enthusiasts

This group of people tend to just want balanced PVP mechanics. They don’t really mind about the map and whilst some claim they want the 1.7 map back, they are either trolls or blinded by nostalgia. They also don’t mind about the version is running on.

Unfortunately, they are not a fan of TMD Classic. They were a lot happier with TMDOP which I felt was great because it kept most toxic players to play with others and everyone on there played with people with there own skill set leaving the newer players, those who like realism or those who like to roleplay alone so there isn't a clash of communities.

9YUfoeG9zPdxGscQXehBySBS6GpCW8JH7kWaHTS6HqgWdRIXABfIuwMTVN5E6VZcEnMhCvnRHesVfOYNhpZJg8oDiosM_bdDGcwqxDNjPHu2zyth86ddmfPKqPcAJbj5irUVugm7
    Whilst they were not happy about it, they didn't really mind when the TMDOP mechanics shifted into all server, the issue with it is that we always want to update and experiment with it, that's when they started to get upset by the changes. I agree with their point of view if I am honest, whilst I would prefer the realism if people are happy with mechanics we shouldn't change it.

So in summary

• Replace TMD Classic with TMDOP

• When the community of TMDOP are happy with the PVP Don’t change it. Change the normal TMD pvp instead. Only change the map

• They don’t mind if we upgrade the server past 1.8
    Builders

We are genuinely quite creative. We are always coming up with new ideas and as the show progresses we need more block and resources to develop these ideas. Frankly, it's come to the point where we spend hours finding something just to update the pack and it's having a negative effect on our building creativity, especially when we look at at the number of blocks, gameplay elements and items we can utilise if we simply updated the server. Also, some of us can’t help but feel that staying in 1.8 is deterring potential players away for multiple reasons such as 1.13 looks more appealing in a server list than 1.8 and people want to see new Minecraft elements utilised in our gamemode.

There is approximately 100+ new blocks added into Minecraft from 1.8 - 1.13. If we got ahold of them, we can detail the map so much better and have a lot more motivation when it comes to building. Every time we log on we are reminded at least once that things in terms of building could improve drastically if we updated. I don’t want to speak on behalf of all builders but this is from what I gather what most of us want.

So in summary

• We’d love to update the server, for more reasons than just building

• Side thing, Map Maker back. It helped up so much employing new builders and motivating people to apply. It also builds the relationship between Staff and community by making competitions other than just voting.

• All builder updates pinned to the front page. (Making JB community manager would allow him to do it himself but I'll come to that later.)

RP’s / Realism Enthusiasts

I think it's quite obvious what they want. Realistic places, Mechanics etc. But looking into how we could develop these it comes down to this.

Updating would make there day. 100 new blocks, new items, the 1.13 swimming mechanics along with stuff such as dual wielding. To please them is to update the server. They would also love map maker to return. In my spare time i’d often see people making their own TMD maps and role-playing as people, trust me we need MM back.

I think they would also benefit from kinda being separated from the OG players. They often clash and separating them in a way could lower the amount of stress and toxicness in the community

Moderation Team

I don’t think I have to tell you how much stress would be lifted if OG’s and Realism people were separated to an extent and both sets of people's needs and wants were met. Harassment of staff would lower along with chat arguments and staff can focus on tickets and catching hackers.

I wouldn’t want to speak on behalf of them but I assume they wouldn’t mind if we updated. Again please correct me if I am incorrect.

Conclusion

From my point of view, if done correctly we can improve the experience of all the groups of havoc. As Long as each group agrees with these ideas then it could boost havocs player base, both in size and quality. Staff would have a much pleasant expense, Builders can explore different aspects of building and experiment, OG’s can have the PVP mechanics they love, RP’s and Realism lovers would have a true twd experience, and the owners would have a better server community and have the funds to develop the server.

If it were up to me (and it isn’t I just want to explain what I would do) I would

• Replace TMD Classic with TMDOP with previous PVP mechanics

• Update to 1.13 or atleast to 1.12.

• Promote JBentley to Community Manager, He is great at informing people with his Builders Newsletters, has a grasp on what everyone wants, has a great relationship with the owners and is respected by the community.

• Bring out Map Maker, Minewars, and Bannerwars

• (Just a little one but on the realism servers people want the plugin where you sit on stairs)

If you’re tagged it means I want you personally to respond. Communication is key and even if its disagreeing with me, constructive criticism is necessary for us to improve. I know I am only a builder but i can’t help but feel this would go a long way in to helping the server.

@Jacobg1998 @_Nickk @IgnitingIce @JBentley694 @BenGermann @ChlngeAccepted @Kendrq @_VC_ @Withermandude @MichaelSteve @Grockey @Yove @iDanielle @2Suicidal @Cat_Squirrel_Inc @DDENGAR @general2673 @Firelillx

Thanks for reading, please reply.

-Kyritic

Last edited:

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    Hey,

So I decided to make a group message with different groups and communities of Havoc just outlining what we all want from the server, but I can only have 5 people in a message so I have to put into a forum post, So please do not make this toxic. I wanted to make it a private message so that I can direct stuff to people and prevent arguments so please don’t do that. We all want Havoc to succeed in the end, it's just about communicating to each other how stuff could work or why it would not.

I'm in no way demanding anything, I am only a builder but again I want the server to succeed and I felt this would be beneficial for the server, at least to see where we all stand because it tends to get confusing with different people requesting different things.

I will probably split it into different communities to make it easier.

OG’s / PVP Enthusiasts

This group of people tend to just want balanced PVP mechanics. They don’t really mind about the map and whilst some claim they want the 1.7 map back, they are either trolls or blinded by nostalgia. They also don’t mind about the version is running on.

Unfortunately, they are not a fan of TMD Classic. They were a lot happier with TMDOP which I felt was great because it kept most toxic players to play with others and everyone on there played with people with there own skill set leaving the newer players, those who like realism or those who like to roleplay alone so there isn't a clash of communities.

9YUfoeG9zPdxGscQXehBySBS6GpCW8JH7kWaHTS6HqgWdRIXABfIuwMTVN5E6VZcEnMhCvnRHesVfOYNhpZJg8oDiosM_bdDGcwqxDNjPHu2zyth86ddmfPKqPcAJbj5irUVugm7
    Whilst they were not happy about it, they didn't really mind when the TMDOP mechanics shifted into all server, the issue with it is that we always want to update and experiment with it, that's when they started to get upset by the changes. I agree with their point of view if I am honest, whilst I would prefer the realism if people are happy with mechanics we shouldn't change it.

So in summary

• Replace TMD Classic with TMDOP

• When the community of TMDOP are happy with the PVP Don’t change it. Change the normal TMD pvp instead. Only change the map

• They don’t mind if we upgrade the server past 1.8
    Builders

We are genuinely quite creative. We are always coming up with new ideas and as the show progresses we need more block and resources to develop these ideas. Frankly, it's come to the point where we spend hours finding something just to update the pack and it's having a negative effect on our building creativity, especially when we look at at the number of blocks, gameplay elements and items we can utilise if we simply updated the server. Also, some of us can’t help but feel that staying in 1.8 is deterring potential players away for multiple reasons such as 1.13 looks more appealing in a server list than 1.8 and people want to see new Minecraft elements utilised in our gamemode.

There is approximately 100+ new blocks added into Minecraft from 1.8 - 1.13. If we got ahold of them, we can detail the map so much better and have a lot more motivation when it comes to building. Every time we log on we are reminded at least once that things in terms of building could improve drastically if we updated. I don’t want to speak on behalf of all builders but this is from what I gather what most of us want.

So in summary

• Side thing, Map Maker back. It helped up so much employing new builders and motivating people to apply. It also builds the relationship between Staff and community by making competitions other than just voting.

• All builder updates pinned to the front page. (Making JB community manager would allow him to do it himself but I'll come to that later.)

RP’s / Realism Enthusiasts

I think it's quite obvious what they want. Realistic places, Mechanics etc. But looking into how we could develop these it comes down to this.

Updating would make there day. 100 new blocks, new items, the 1.13 swimming mechanics along with stuff such as dual wielding. To please them is to update the server. They would also love map maker to return. In my spare time i’d often see people making their own TMD maps and role-playing as people, trust me we need MM back.

I think they would also benefit from kinda being separated from the OG players. They often clash and separating them in a way could lower the amount of stress and toxicness in the community

Moderation Team

I don’t think I have to tell you how much stress would be lifted if OG’s and Realism people were separated to an extent and both sets of people's needs and wants were met. Harassment of staff would lower along with chat arguments and staff can focus on tickets and catching hackers.

I wouldn’t want to speak on behalf of them but I assume they wouldn’t mind if we updated. Again please correct me if I am incorrect.

Conclusion

From my point of view, if done correctly we can improve the experience of all the groups of havoc. As Long as each group agrees with these ideas then it could boost havocs player base, both in size and quality. Staff would have a much pleasant expense, Builders can explore different aspects of building and experiment, OG’s can have the PVP mechanics they love, RP’s and Realism lovers would have a true twd experience, and the owners would have a better server community and have the funds to develop the server.

If it were up to me (and it isn’t I just want to explain what I would do) I would

• Replace TMD Classic with TMDOP with previous PVP mechanics

• Update to 1.13 or atleast to 1.12.

• Promote JBentley to Community Manager, He is great at informing people with his Builders Newsletters, has a grasp on what everyone wants, has a great relationship with the owners and is respected by the community.

• Bring out Map Maker, Minewars, and Bannerwars

• (Just a little one but on the realism servers people want the plugin where you sit on stairs)

If you’re tagged it means I want you personally to respond. Communication is key and even if its disagreeing with me, constructive criticism is necessary for us to improve. I know I am only a builder but i can’t help but feel this would go a long way in to helping the server.

@Jacobg1998 @_Nickk @IgnitingIce @JBentley694 @BenGermann @ChlngeAccepted @Kendrq @_VC_ @Withermandude @MichaelSteve @Grockey @Yove @iDanielle @2Suicidal @Cat_Squirrel_Inc @DDENGAR

Thanks for reading, please reply.

-Kyritic
    This is great! I personally think JBentley should be Community Manager. He has shown he has what it takes and he has been a communicating with the community.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    This is great! I personally think JBentley should be Community Manager. He has shown he has what it takes and he has been a communicating with the community.
    I said nearly the exact same thing on my thread and you called it crazy and it would never happen, but a builder says it and your all over the idea, nice.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    I said nearly the exact same thing on my thread and you called it crazy and it would never happen, but a builder says it and your all over the idea, nice.
    No... he used evidence and facts to prove my opinion completely wrong and made me think. I know believe that this is the answer. You provided no evidence or facts.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Yay! More arguing, that's great! Thanks for ruining the thread!

More to add, let's keep the thread on topic over TMD then other things such as Hell Night or MineWars which do have problems, but there is a need to focus on TMD and how a part of the community there are unsatisfied with TMDC.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    Yay! More arguing, that's great! Thanks for ruining the thread!

More to add, let's keep the thread on topic over TMD then other things such as Hell Night or MineWars which do have problems, but there is a need to focus on TMD and how a part of the community there are unsatisfied with TMDC.
    I'm sorry... I was just explaining why my opinion had changed.

Samhango

Same If I won't come back. I hope Havoc staff member will understand that more then the half of their server want this damn Tmd Op. We ask for it since the bad update

Anyway good luck to you guys I hope they will read my comment cause it's their fault if all the og players left.

(Sorry for the mistake hehe)
    - Frenchy !

Handout

I said when tmdop was a thing, you're pretty lacking in the knowledge department of TMD aren't you, ex staff?

In your mind what is your point of bringing back tmd-op all “OG” players cried because it was dead, so they combinded tmd-1 and tmd-op so player-base on that would be alittle bigger and more fights. You have no good reason of bringing back tmd-op, besides when it was there it “had” 800 players? You obviously are living in box if you think bringing back a server that everyone stopped playing would bring back 800 Players, you’re something special.

Server hasn’t hit over 300 players in past 52 weeks, thats a year a whole year. If you want 800 players on server go pay someone with big audience to advertise it LOL.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc

So in summary

I agree 100% on this.

Overall, everything you've said makes perfect sense. I do believe you've addressed each issue in a very brief, yet direct way. If communication improves, which I think it is, considering JB's + the Builders' newfound voice, then I think change will happen. I think we should first start with updating the server, as that will determine not only what blocks are available, but also pvp and Map Maker. Once the server is updated to at least 1.12 (most official blocks so far; still waiting for full release of 1.13), then I'll bet the ball will start moving. Working with PvP mechanics would be the next step, along with re-introducing the TMD-OP/revamp of TMDC. After that, bring back Map Maker so we can continue contests and expansion of our map (they may not be builders, but outside creativity is very useful!). And I do believe it's time we get the ball rolling on MineWars, too, as it's been long overdue. Once those big things are out of the way, I think there is a huge chance that we can fix the issues with Havoc.

Secondly, there should be some reformation on the authoritative side. First, start with the devs. It's already been confirmed by the owners themselves that we have some slow and lagging developers. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, slow and steady wins the race. At this point, however, we gotta speed things up. I suggest looking for devs with more time and interest in our server, ones who are willing to work and keep up with the demands of this growing community. Next, the staff side should improve their teaching/mentoring of incoming staffers. I also think that the rules should be made a bit more clearer and less up to "judgement." On that point, maybe an official "Allowed/Unallowed Mods" list should be added to the rules page. Finally, more engagement and communication from the owners. I understand y'all have college and stuff, but you're honestly slacking on your community. I have been approached with ideas of getting new owners, and while that sounds pretty outlandish, and may not be such a bad idea (or at least new co-owners...). When was the last time any of y'all saw Nickk on the server? I don't think anyone has, except on very rare occasions. I have barely seen Ice or Jacob on. Basically what I'm saying is, same as devs, get people who are interested, people who aren't bored of a crumbling server.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Do what you will <3

-Cat

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno
    Updating to 1.12, eh?

Personally, I’d say “no” because my computer is really outdated and I’m trying to scrap up some money for a new one. The latest update I could go to is 1.11.2. However, you gave a reason why to update and I favor the idea. If it means that the server will grow in it’s player base and create a better community, then I’m willing to not be playing HavocMc for a year until I can get a new computer.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    I haven't read any of the comments, but here are my honest, respectful thoughts. Nothing can be done if the owners aren't able to hire devs and set ideas in stone. I believe it is difficult to make these decisions because they will never have the community 100% happy with whichever decision(s) they make; essentially, not everyone will be happy no matter what, so the decisions are difficult to make and it is stressful. I believe there have been some great points made, and there are indeed drawbacks to all of them as well. I believe we all would like Map Maker back - for those who play it like me, lol - but unfortunately things take awhile. _/(.-.)\_

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Awesome summary. I'd get into the realism part, there's so much that could be done, but I guess things would be pretty wonky if we do not update do 1.12 at least.