• IP Copied!
  • A new era of content [PART 1]

How much of this would you like to see in game? (If none comment why)

• A combination (comment which)

• None

• All

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Hey everyone. Me, again. With the.. want to say 7th ideas thread..

Owners, mods, builders, helpers and devs, read through and consider all this. Consider updating the game. Or else, so much could be lost. So much becomes redundant that could bring TMD to a better period than its 1.7 glory days. This update and many more wont happen without a server update.

Read through and tell me what you like (this is going to be my longest post ever. Get ready.) This is in 2 parts because it's such a huge thread

1. Misc new content
    2. Map edits
    3. Weapon changes
    4. Weapon Upgrades
    5. Daily weather and conditions + noises
    6. Factions/crews/groups
    7. Bandit ideas
    8. Transportation
    9. Mechanics
    10. New Weapons/gear

1. Some stuff that requires a new version
    *sigh* here we are again. The debate of which version we use. I suggest first switching to 1.12, it gives us 4 versions worth of new blocks. Otherwise, this entire section becomes redundant.

1A. Tents
    A basic structure found in military, wild and garage bags. Placing one would set a spawn point for up to 4 players who use it. You could dye them different colors, but that's about it.

1B. Batteries for flashlights
    Bit of a filler item, yeah, but not all the flashlights would work without that battery. Also, maybe do a dynamic lights thing, like with optifine, when you turn on a flashlight, you can illuminate about 10 blocks in 1 direction at a time with it, instead of infinite night vision.

1C.Proper ammo types for each weapon
    I've mentioned this before. Check a previous idea thread of mine for full details on it. I'm not writing it all again. I've done it twice now.

1D. Mobile and stationary radio
    How about for starters, we remove global chat completely. This way, radios would be the only way to communicate with players across the map. Stationary radios can be created with 3 items:
    Antenna
    Speaker
    Batteries
    They would have a range of about 800 blocks. The items above would be found in shop and house bags, possibly fully assembled radios in police and military. These radios can send messages and receive at 800 blocks from its location.

Handheld radios would have a range of about 500 blocks. This means they can only send messages from 500 blocks or less. They can receive messages from 520 blocks, however. Each radio has 75 different channels, and if you are lucky, you might find an enemy frequency.

1E. Radio signal booster
    Remember Season 9? Eugene and Rosita set out to set up a radio signal booster for long range communications between communities. These boosters would consist of a handheld radio and 2 antennae. Can be found in military and police bags fully assembled. Parts are found in house, shop and garage bags. These boosters receive signals from 800 blocks away and can send them an additional 800 blocks. There is a maximum chain signal of 2 of these. So 2 boosters is 1600 blocks. Radio is 800 blocks away, and possibly a 2nd stationary radio at the other end. The farthest communication possible is 3200 blocks away. They can be destroyed if not carefully placed or hidden. A good strategy to take down several enemy outposts is to destroy the signal boosters if there is one between them, or sabotage their radios.

1F. Permanent local chat
    See above.

1G. Bullets and clips
    When reloading a gun, you have 2 options:

Reload each bullet independently
    Or
    Reload a clip beforehand and then easily load clip, 1 motion.

1H. Separate bullets and clips
    Each gun or gun type has a specific kind of magazine. For example, pistols would all have a different kind of magazine. The revolver and colt python must be loaded with bullets, however, no magazine.
    M9: 12 round mag
    Glock 17: glock mag
    Desert Eagle AND Colt ACP: (7 rounds, Colt ACP?) 7 round mag
    Python and revolver: 6 bullets (you cannot load revolvers with magazines. They must be loaded individually)

30 round rifles: 30 round mag
    40 round rifles: 40 round mag

And so on, the magazine of the gun is the clip size needed.
    A unique case of weapon variant is the Mini 14 and .50, you can use a 10 round mag for both, the only interchangeable mag between rifles and others besides rifle and smg.

1I. Silencers
    Make your gun quiet. See section 6 for more details on why this is important.
    They are attachable to all rifles and SMGs, all pistols except revolvers and Desert eagle. Also attachable to snipers except Winchester.

1J. Lockpicks
    Some kind of plugin to unlock something, such as a locked chest. Lockpicks can be found in just about any bag but military and medical. You can use these to open locked chests, doors, and break locked windows.

1K. Locks
    Yeah, these two go hand in hand. Without one, the other is kind of redundant. Found in house, wild, police, military and shop bags. Shift and right click a chest with one to lock it. Add players who can open it with a command. You can also lock doors and windows. Good for bases in a shop or something.

1L. Beds
    There are beds in the map, true. These will come in handy when it comes to bases. If you've got a base in the middle of a forest, then you'll want a place to respawn. Placing a bed will give you a place to respawn if you wish. This would be added to the spawn menu on where you want to go, if you placed a bed and it is still intact. If a player is in spawn and they have not placed a bed, then that option is nor available to them.

1L1: to claim a bed, you have to right click it. If it is already claimed, you must kill the person it belongs to, then claim it quickly.

1L2: Beds are especially useful for solo players. Beds can be placed anywhere in the world except safe zones and spawn.

1L3: Beds around the world can be claimed, unless someone else has claimed it already. If you manage to kill the player who has claimed it and right click the bed, it is now yours.

1L4: Beds made of blocks are also options to be claimed. It is the same process as claiming an unclaimed bed: right clicking it.

1M. Parachutes (give them functionality)
    Falling off a building? No trouble! You've got a parachute! Right click to use in your hand and float down gently and safely. See 8B.

2. The TMD Map needs some changes
    Hmmmm where could I be going with this..

2A. The map needs a complete overhaul
    Lots of it is good. Fantastic locations and they're all built well with great forests in between. But I think we could all agree that the map needs more altitude variation. More than once has a drastic change in elevation been announced. Their were hills, mountains and pits and different streams and swamps and more. Remember the place Daryl fell into during season 2? Pit. Not quite as big as either of the quarries but still. We need more stuff like that.

2B. Variation in land areas
    It wasnt just all forest. Sure, there were some grasslands in between it all. We do have some, but it's all towards the farmland. We need a little more of that, and maybe not all trees.

2C. Bigger map (?)
    All the builders will get pissed at me for this one... in order to incorporate more detail into the map and terrain itself, the map might need a little..extension. the map right now is 5000x5000 or so, isnt it? That's pretty big. But we need things like distance brought into this. If you rode a motorcycle or car to hilltop from Alexandria, straight shot, might take you like two to one minutes. In the show, it took a solid couple days on horseback. Now it doesnt have to be that long. But maybe an eight minute trip would be nice. A triple distance would be good too, make it six minutes from what it is now.

2D. Unexplored parts of the map
    We can basically do whatever we want with this. How about some territory north, with random stuff in it? Maybe even a similar network of communities? Why not have some... oh, I dont know...
    NPCs thrown into the mix? Some groups would be friendly, work alongside you.
    Or be like the Saviors and say "half your crap is mine, now one of you dies"
    Just some unexplored grassland or forest for team development. See more about that in section 5 and 6.

3. Weapon changes
    Sometimes weapons can't be pinned down for one thing on whether or not they're the best. Which is why:

3A. Remove the weapon tiers
    This would remove the need to constantly use "the best weapon" or avoid certain weapons because there is a better one. The M9 is unusable because
    A. Terrible aim
    B. Terrible damage
    C. Every other gun is better
    But if we removed the tier system and gave each weapon a reason to use? Or gave it a benefit over other weapons in its field? For example, the FN Scar does everything that the G36c does but better, from ammo capacity to damage.

3B. More realistic weapons
    Absolutely no recoil on these weapons. Who has fired a real gun and not felt recoil? (.22s dont count, at least a 9mm) maybe half a block for strong caliber weapons such as the .50 and .308. Pistols would have almost no recoil, excluding the Colt, new Revolver nd Desert Eagle.

3C. Weapon weight
    This is somewhat miscellaneous, but it needs to be said. How about some weight to weapons, gear and armor? Each player ought to be able to carry around 100 pounds, if they do not choose a kit. If it is a character kit, then the max weight value fluctuates. Judith probably couldn't carry as much as Daryl or Rick.
    If you overload your weight, you cannot move. Even in a car.

4. Weapon Upgrades
    Now, we all know how basic guns work in this server. Fire, reload, fire. But what if we changed that? Made them upgradable with gear or extra functionality? Kind of like what he have sights for.

4A. Silencers
    With the current weapon functionality, the sound of a gun only goes maybe ten blocks. Which is extremely unrealistic. If we amped that up to maybe an average of 200-300 blocks, silencers would gain a use. They would give a gun a 5-block sound radius, depending on the gun. However, this comes at a cost. The damage of a gun is reduced by 2.5 damage(excluding pistols and SMGs pistols are reduced by 1. SMGS are reduced by 1.5)

4B. Stabilizers
    There is a small amount of spread with some weapons, mainly automatics. If we added stabilizers, however, players could gain more focused fire without having to scope (Not as much as scoping) yet still retaining maneuverability in a firefight. These would be attachable to most auto weapons and high tier snipers.

4C. Straps
    How cool would it be to carry a gun visibly on your back, just like in the show? Sounds sweet, right? Straps give you this advantage. They are also easily available without taking up space in your hot bar for convenience. (There are likely plugins that could get this to work. I'm not a huge tech wizard when it comes to game coding)

4D. Unscoped barrett .50 calibers
    The Barrett .50 caliber has always remained scoped. There was no such thing as an unscoped Barrett or AWM (before it was removed). In order for section 4E to have an effect on the Barrett, we need to remove scopes on the barrett. Obviously, you could still find scoped variants, like you can find scoped versions of other snipers. But if you want a .50 with a thermal scope, we'd need to add 1 of 2 things: unscoped barretts or a way to remove scopes.

4E. Assorted scopes and sights
    Night vision scopes.
    Dual zoom scopes.
    Laser sights.
    Thermal scopes.
    The possibilities are endless. Each scope or sight could have it's own functionality and use.

4E1 -Night vision scopes
    Much like the dragunov before it was previously removed, it gave a player night vision when scoping. An extremely useful function. You could attach these to any weapon besides melee and pistols. Basically a default scope but with night vision.

4E2 - Dual zoom scopes
    For those of you who have optifine, have you ever scoped a rifle and then clicked F4 to get nearly triple to magnification (I have)? Same concept. By right clicking twice rapidly, you can double zoom your scope. Excellent way for watching the streets of a city or base/compound. [Exclusive sniper scope]

4E3 - laser sights
    These were a thing before one of the more recent updates, before they were removed. I'm not sure if they're in the game currently. Adding them back could add a slightly more accurate or powerful stream of bullets to whatever gun it is attached. These are the only scopes attachable to handguns. Laser scopes have a unique ability to give a weapon 1.0 extra damage.

4E4 - thermal sights
    Much like a spectral arrow, it will highlight players hit with it, however, it will outline any players within a 200 block radius. This way, you can track enemies nearby. But, they would he exceedingly rare and attachable to only Barretts and possibly M14s [exclusive sniper scope]. They add a 0.5 damage boost as a bonus.

4F. Tactical Rails
    Tactical rails will enable more than one attachment to be applied to your weapon. Weapons that cannot get tactical rails attached to them include:
    Handguns

All other weapons can have tactical rails attached to them, from shotguns to rifles to snipers. Variants include:

Top rails (1
    Top and bottom rails (2
    Top, bottom and side rails (left) (3

Depending on the amount of rails, that's how many additional attachments can be added to your weapon. For example, a fully upgraded weapon may be:
    AK-47 with silencer (default rail) strap, (1st rails) laser sight (2nd rail), stabilizer (3rd rail).
    The AK-47 base damage is 5 (I think). The silencer cuts this damage in half. However, the laser sight brings the damage back to 3.5

4G. Pistol available upgrades
    Pistols can be upgraded with silencers and laser scopes. They do require one tactical rail for the second attachment. Any rails with more than 1 side is useless on a pistol: there are only 2 attachments possible and only 1 requires a rail.
    (Before anyone starts screeching at me about how silencers work, I know they go on the end of the gun and not on a tactical rail. Just trying to keep it simple for the game.)