• IP Copied!
  • A new era of content [PART 2]

How much of this would you like to see in game? (If none comment why)

• None

• A combination (comment which)

• All

• Answer for both parts 1 and 2 (comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    5. Weather and conditions
    This is basically turning up the realism daily factor to a seven. We're at about a four right now. Maybe five. Stuff like rain and wind (not just Atlanta).

5A. Rain
    For the tenth time, yikes. When are we getting it? I'm really sorry that I'm being so pushy about this but rain. Its rained more than once in TWD. I think so. Its snowed, so uh, that counts.

5B. Wind
    Whatever you did to give Atlanta wind, do it in other places, maybe just in other towns.

5C. Ambient noises
    How about some ambient tree rustling in the forest, and a sound texture that sounds like we're stepping on grass and leaves.

5D. Misc sounds
    Why not some realistic sound effects? One example is clips and bullets.
    When reloading a gun, you have two options, which is reloading a clip into a gun or individual bullets. Individual bullets would take more time, and make more noise. In order to load a full clip, you would either find a fully loaded clip, or load them into the clip and then the gun. Loading a clip would make a spring lock noise and click, like it is now, and bullets would go a single click, and continously.
    The possible exclusion of this feature would be an LMG. No one wants to load a 250 round capacity mag.

6. Factions
    There have recently been a few threads about this, mine were inspired mostly by CastielCraw, and the need for a new system.

6A. Faction bases
    You can form a base for your faction just about anywhere, except inside safe zones. This includes boats, places like Alexandria, Hilltop, Kingdom, (assuming these two are still standing...) prison, Woodbury, camps, you get the picture. You can create a faction claim by placing your banner. Faction bases are also an optional respawn point (as long as you can set grab a bed there. Any bed made of blocks or just an actual bed)

6B. Faction banners
    There ought to be a menu for creating a faction banner, so you can customize it as you would in 1.8. Place your banner in the area you wish to claim, and it will claim the specific dimensions depending on the location.

6C. Faction claim sizes
    If you claimed a location from TWD, such as a community or camp from the show, which includes:
    Communities/Bases:
    Prison
    Woodbury
    Alexandria
    Hilltop
    Kingdom
    Hershels farm
    The Sanctuary
    CDC

Camps:
    Quarry
    Martinez
    Whisperer (become whisperers with the masks, oooo..)

Misc.
    Foxworth

(If I missed any please tell me)
    If you claimed an area that was not a specific location, then there is a default claim of 19x19 blocks. 9 blocks in each direction. Wherever the banner is placed is the center of the base.
    If you claimed a location, the dimensions of the location are claimed for you.
    However, to make this reasonable, we could use a bigger map. This would be a very long term project, however.

6D. Faction Supplies
    Each faction ought to have a "faction vault," where they could store supplies for their faction members. You could store anything from food to ammo to guns to armor in there. Even useless glitched items. But its recommended you use it for the right purpose. Each faction would have 3 vaults, which you could upgrade from 3 slots of storage to 9. So that's about 243 slots of storage. That's 60 full sets of armor. Wow.
    Each additional row of storage is $20,000, plus 10,000 each time.
    There is max number of 8 vaults. You can purchase a vault for $100,000. Each additional vault purchase is another $50,000.
    Or, you could purchase vaults for your faction in the shop for a price the owners would determine. I'd probably go around the same price as the additional player storage vault.

6E. Raids
    Exactly what it sounds like. Take down another faction by destroying their banner. They lose their spawn point (all beds are immediately destroyed upon the death of a faction). Their vaults remain locked (if they were beforehand), but you can pick them open with a lockpick. Loot as you wish and take their weaponry. If you wanted to, you could place a faction banner there and control that spot too! However many vaults they had available in their faction, you inherit, as long as they're unlocked or you lockpick them.
    Here's an example scenario:

Faction A has Martinez' camp as a base.
    Faction B has a base at the prison.
    Faction A decided to attack the prison. (Does this sound familiar to anyone?)
    Faction A attacks the prison successfully and takes all their gear. They decide to take it for their own, as well as Woodbury and leave the camp. They now control 2 locations.

6F. Faction conflicts/scenarios
    You can sign an alliance treaty with a faction or declare another faction an enemy, much like the current team system. Possible scenarios include (these are unlikely to actually happen the way you want, but it's something to think about if you need a strategy for something):

A faction much larger and more powerful than yours wants something you have, and are willing to attack you for it. Let's say that it's a good spot for loot.
    You could do any of the following and more:

1. Negotiate a trade
    2. Give it to them, just like Negan made Rick and the team do, under circumstances
    3. Fight back, and make yourself some allies
    4. Strike at their weak points

A faction has just attacked you, but you successfully defended yourselves. They may attack you again. You could:

1. Hit them back right away and knock them off their feet
    2. Fortify your base
    3. Sabotage mission

6G. Sabotage missions
    Sabotage missions are what they sound like. Sabotage your enemy by striking at their base, or looting their vaults. Even destroying supply caravans or supply runs. Bring lockpicks: their vaults are likely to be locked up.

6H. Safezone borders
    If you control 3 or more locations, you now have a safe zone on the map. To see your safezone limits, use /safezone view
    You can place barbed wire, barricades or base walls in between your controlled locations. This creates a safe zone for your faction that you can travel relatively freely inside of as long as its guarded. If you have NPCs working for you, they can target any unfriendly players that may wander near your safezone.
    There may be border clashes, within these safezone borders. For example, if you have 3 locations and so does a nearby faction, say your borders intersect in one spot. There are a few options
    1. Fight and kill them, or destroy a location so they dont have a safezone anymore
    2. Set up a "neutral zone" where both sides can meet. Keep your NPCs from being stationed there, though.
    3. Give the territory to them or take it for your own
    4. Become allies and combine your borders: it is no longer a border clash

7. Bandit ideas and changes. (A-D changes, E-H trouble)
    Oh boy, the newest introduction of danger into HavocMC. These guys are a bit of a mess. That's why they could use some adjustments.

7A. Less powerful weapons
    Maybe weapons tier 2 and under would do. Specifically any pistols, smgs below tier 3, shotguns below tier 3, and maybe the occasional M4, M16. Perhaps the very rare Winchester.

7B. Spawn rates
    I can't count how much I've died to these guys because of their insane spawn rate. I was with someone, stuck in this shop once. We couldnt leave because there were so many bandits on every side of us. Make some small bandit hotspots in places but not map wide. This is kind of ridiculous.

7C. Aim
    We wanted bandits, not marksmen! Reduce their aim drastically; I've died to them a lot because of their crazy aim.

7D. Breaking stuff (7D1. Goes for walkers as well)
    People can break stuff, right? Why not have bandits break stuff? This would make hiding from bandits almost irrelevant.

7D1. Glass
    Walkers and bandits alike can break glass, if there are enough walkers. It only takes 1 bandit to break glass, however. This would make hiding in stores with lots of glass almost useless.

7D2. (Bandits only) barriers
    Bandits could break down barrier blocks. If you're camping out in the woods with a barrier wall and some bandits show up and spot you, you're in big trouble.

7E. (Ideas) bandits in cars
    How about some wandering bandits that might chase you down? If you dont have a car, fight back or hide. They're faster than you; run!

7F. Bandit caravans
    If you're unlucky enough, you could run into a bandit caravan. These caravans can vary in size from as little as 3 motorcycles to 6 cars (6-24 bandits). These bandit caravans are exceedingly rare, but extremely powerful depending on their size. If the caravan is big enough, they may follow you or even take down your base! They will destroy your banner and likely kill all of your friends.
    However, if you have enough power, you can kill the bandits and maybe take their vehicles.

7G. Bandit outposts/bases
    Much like a savior outpost from the show, bandits can set up camp somewhere and guard it. They are heavily guarded and extremely difficult to beat. But the loot is worth it. You can find tier 4 to legendary guns, high level melees, riot armor, and possibly even juggernaut.

7H. NPCs
    There were some random people wandering about in TWD. Sometimes friendly, sometimes dangerous or even insane. There is also a random NPC in the middle of Atlanta, named Negan but looks like Rick. He runs around in a straight line then goes back and repeats.
    Why not have some functional NPCs that work for you? Or you work a little for them?

7H1. Travelling NPCs
    Random NPCs around the world that may just travel or be sheltering somewhere. They may be aggressive or friendly.

7H2. Friendly NPCs
    Friendly NPCs can be hired to work for you if you want something done. For example, say you have 3 locations relatively close in the map. There is a safezone border inside those 3 locations, that you can build on the edges of. You can station Friendly NPCs at certain points in that safezone, such as an entrance gate into your safezone. When you hire them, they are automatically given the information on who your allies, enemies, and members are. They will not shoot at allies or members. They will shoot at enemies on sight. If a neutral player tries to enter the safezone or kill a member/ally/NPC, they will begin to open fire at the enemy.
    However, this comes at a cost. You can supply them with weapons if they dont have any of need better ones.

7H3. Show NPCs
    Characters like Alpha, Beta, Rick, Daryl, Negan and some others come to the game at their respective outposts or homes. Alpha and Beta are naturally in the whisperer zone. Rick is at home in Alexandria, with Daryl and possibly others. Negan is, of course, in the sanctuary. You can go on quests for these characters and win loot, dependent on the level of difficulty.

8. Transportation
    Helictopers. Boats. Jeeps. Trucks. RVs. SUVs. The possibilites are endless!
    Even bicycles!

8A. Boats
    There are some boats made of materials around the maps, such as in rivers or lakes. But what if we added in actual boats that you could use to travel on rivers. Patrolling a river would be an excellent way to make sure no enemies get past your defenses if you set it up right. They carry up to 4 people, plus one pilot. 5 people in a boat patrolling a river? Sounds pretty defensible to me. Military, garage and police bags

8B. Helicopters
    There have been several instances of helicopters in TWD. Rick saw one in the sky in S1 and Morales nicknamed him "Helicopter boy." Jadis' A/B chopper. I'm pretty sure there were a couple others too. The chopper that Rick saw when he was out of the prison with glenn (comics).
    Helicopters could hold up to 5 people. 1 pilot and 2 passengers, plus 2 gunners. Excellent for sieges or raids, even patrols around enemy territory (might want to try something a little more discrete, however.)
    They are exceedingly rare, only found in crates. The chances of finding one is very low.

They can be shot down with enough gunshots or even a single rpg. RPGs are a much better option, less ammo wasted.
    Hope you have a parachute if you're in a chopper. Or else you'll have a very bad time once you go down.

8C. Jeeps
    Jeeps are a larger version of a car but with a small twist. They hold up to 6 people. 4 in the back, 1 up front, and 1 driver. The difference with a jeep is that you can fire guns out of it, all except the driver. They are excellent troop transports and a decent speed. Very good for rugged terrain. Some jeep variants have only 1 passenger seat in the back and a .50 caliber machine gun, with 180° swivel (left to right) Garage, military and police bags

8D. SUV
    A large truck, with capacity for up to 8 passengers, a front seat passenger and driver (10 total). They can only travel well on roads. Excellent troop transports and are good small attack group vehicles. Garage, military and police bags

9. Mechanics
    A few things in this game could use a mechanic tweak. Look below and see my thoughts on it:

9A. Gun sounds
    How about instead of the sound of a gun traveling 10 blocks, why not make it a good 200-250? Then silencers would have a use, especially for stealth missions.

9B. Guns attract walkers and possibly bandits
    Season 2, the herd passes through the highway. Rick can't shoot the walkers chasing Sophia or the group will get caught in it.
    Guns would attract walkers and other enemies. Alerting enemy players to your precense would be a risky move just by shooting a gun.

9C. Flashlights
    Instead of infinite night vision, why not some kind of dynamic lights plugin? Use a torch as a flashlight and make them require batteries to work.

9D. Grenades cause collateral damage
    I'm not talking a full on crater or anything, but maybe some flames or a few broken windows. Grenades dont just go off in a fiery explosion and then no damage. Some flames, broken glass or broken barricades/barbed wire would be nice.

9E. RPG collateral damage
    Same concept. Knock out of a bunch of windows, some flames, broken barricades or doors. They could even destroy iron bars or certain blocks (as well as grenades)

9F. Molotov collateral damage
    Just fire. We dont need any broken windows or barricades for this one. This is just for looks.

9G. Prone position
    Why couldn't we get a prone position for TMD? Snipers would be 4x as hard to hit. You could shoot under vehicles or even shoot under an upper half slab. A simple plugin is all it would take.

9H. Vehicle crashes
    Isn't it a little absurd that you can drive a motorcycle through the forest and into countless trees, and then leaving without a scratch? Yeah. We could add something that if you crashed, your car would explode or stop working (I want it to explode personally).

10. New weapons and gear
    These are always fun! There are so many weapons and armors and misc content to choose from.

10A. Gas Grenades
    A wither effect applied into a smoke grenade. These will slowly kill your enemies and leave their loot on the ground. They are found in military bags. Theres only way 1 to survive it...

10B. The gas mask
    The gas mask will protect the wearer from gas grenades. They render you immune to the withering effects. They are found in military bags only.

10C. Stationary Machine Gun
    A heavy machine gun with just twice the amount of ammo that the gatling gun has. It can be mounted on a 2x2 square and has a 270 degree swivel. It can also be mounted into a jeep with the sacrifice of 3 passenger seats. Military bags only

10D. C4, triggered explosive
    C4 blocks can be found in military bags and occasionally police bags. They can destroy barricades, base blocks, glass, doors, and worst of all, location gates! (Hilltop, Kingdom, Prison, Alexandria, Woodbury, Terminus, Oceanside, anywhere else with a gate). They can destroy only the gate, nothing else. It will have no effect except that area.
    C4 is the only thing that can bring down a gate.

10E. Spike Strips
    Need to close off a road or compromise an enemy in front of a strategic position? Spike strips. They will hurt players if they walk on them and usually cause a car to crash extreme left or right turning)

Well, that's that. This was a super long one, I know, and probably none of this will ever make it into the game.
    But devs, owners, builders and mods, I know you care about this server. It's been through its fair share of hard times and many of you have stuck through it. Grocky, Chlnge, JacobG, JBentley, and probably countless others that I wouldnt know.
    Think about these updates. Look at those player numbers. Remember when we would hit almost 350 players or more? And remember when we struggled to hit that 100 player number? Probably.

Look at us now. We're hitting higher than before. Not as much as we could, but we're bringing ourselves back to those fantastic times.

Server staff, I'm asking you to think about this. This amazing community has so many ideas and things to say. I'm asking you to listen to them. In doing so, there are is one thing to do before we can truly progress further. Update the server version. Think about this community's ideas! Their suggestions, plans, ideas and visions! A server update would open up a new era for TMD and its playerbase.
    I'm asking you to consider this. This thread, this bold suggestion of moving forward, and this community. How many ideas suggested by players have actually been brought into the game?
    What brings players to a game? Updates.
    What can bring limitless opportunities? Updates.
    What unites the community? Updates and new content.

What I'm asking is, would you consider updating this server further?
    What brought the server hundreds of players? An update.
    We won back players with these new updates. Imagine the possibilities with 4 new versions of content? It doesnt even have to be updated to 1.12. Some versions to be updated to are unstable. But the 1.16 nether update is supposedly a stable version to bring the server to. Anywhere from 2 to 6 years of coding, designing and building materials brought to you.

Think about this and what I've said. Think about this community and the servers welfare. Think about the server as a whole.

Farewell.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Not gunna lie -- didn't read anything past 6c. Much too long, much like the other post... I applaud the effort, though! Some of the ideas seem cool, but in my opinion, are more trouble than their worth.