• IP Copied!
  • Bring Back Banner Wars

OhWet

Mythical
    OhWet
    OhWet OhWet
    I loved Banner Wars but right now theres multiple projects going on in Havoc right now so if they do decide to start on Banner Wars I think it would be quite a while and they already have a new game mode coming out soon and then on top of that Mine Wars is planned to release.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    I loved Banner Wars but right now theres multiple projects going on in Havoc right now so if they do decide to start on Banner Wars I think it would be quite a while and they already have a new game mode coming out soon and then on top of that Mine Wars is planned to release.
    It was removed for a lack of popularity. With this increased player base I think it would be a hit. I’m not a developer or anything but I know the Owners keep the files of every abandoned project and I don’t think it would be much of a hassle to put back a project that was already completed. Again, I’m not a developer so I don’t really know anything besides that it was a completed project.

OhWet

Mythical
    OhWet
    OhWet OhWet
    It was removed for a lack of popularity. With this increased player base I think it would be a hit. I’m not a developer or anything but I know the Owners keep the files of every abandoned project and I don’t think it would be much of a hassle to put back a project that was already completed. Again, I’m not a developer so I don’t really know anything besides that it was a completed project.
    Sorry for my late responce, I agree with you completely I think Banner Wars would be popular and maybe even bring more players to the server but as you said not a lot of people don't know what the developers are working on so we can't really tell although by the looks of it and people talking it looks like they already have a few projects they have in place to release and in there opinion would bring more popularity than Banner Wars or they haven't seen this thread yet and if they see it they might think its an amazing idea.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    I remember Banner Wars, I played a few test games. It was okay, but I don’t think its return would be very beneficial. I see several issues with it coming back.

There is hardly any demand for it. This is the first time I’ve heard anything about Banner Wars in forever. No one really came to Havoc wanting a Bed Wars clone. It’s the same reason why gamemodes like Horizons and Map Maker failed, not because the gamemodes were bad, but because it didn’t fit the demographic of the playerbase. The server is known for their niche, open world, free for all gamemodes, and that’s what they do best. Thats why TMD has been so successful over the years, and to a lesser extent Hell Night and Mine Wars.

Not only would it have trouble among the server regulars themselves, it has to compete with other, bigger multi-network servers like Hypixel and Mineplex. A gamemode like Banner Wars would not hold up long against them. The only niche it could possibly fill is newer and less experienced MC players looking for a way to avoid tryhards on Hypixel, which would not be enough for it to be popular or profitable.

It would actually make more sense to re-release Hell Night. Skulls could be reworked to be more valuable than they were before.

However, at this point in time, any old gamemode has to be worth the servers time, and a gamemode like Banner Wars or Hell Night would have to wait before anything can be done with them. I can see Hell Night returning in maybe two years, if the playerbase gets bigger by then. Banner Wars could make a comeback if the server blew up and went mainstream, but that isn’t likely and even then, it will probably be completely forgotten by then.