• IP Copied!
  • Bring back barricade bases

StarShooter8881

If there's one thing I miss from the old TMD maps/servers, it's (the berxley next to terminus) the behemoth barricade bases, I remember a time where you could build barricade bases to no limit, and it was awesome. Barricades were purchasable at the shops, and you could stack them way, way, higher than 3 blocks (I feel we should keep the limit to a reasonable height if this were to get implemented, perhaps 9?) But I miss having abundances of barricade bases over Newton (rip), Prison (rip), and places like Terminus (rip) as well.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    I recall seeing videos with those barricade bases and they were slightly chaotic and out of control. They were removed from the shop and won't be added back. Also consider the amount of players back then to the amount of active players now, imagine what could happen. (It wouldn't work out well. ;))

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    ^^ she's right, it's way too abusable for now. If they could limit the amount placed or the sale of them it could work

StarShooter8881

I recall seeing videos with those barricade bases and they were slightly chaotic and out of control. They were removed from the shop and won't be added back. Also consider the amount of players back then to the amount of active players now, imagine what could happen. (It wouldn't work out well. ;))
    Erase them on the server restarts

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    It would be too late for that. Infinities would have already abused them. Also, think of Atlanta. All the buildings would be covered and inaccessible.

Neugs

I agree a lot, however I have never been around to see this, I can imagine full at wars, fortresses, armies, intruders, snipers, guards, castles, and much more. I highly agree, and according to minecraft, one block (Or a baricade) is 1 meter tall, thus the maximum high is 3 meters, that is 9.8 meters high though, so what is your hight? Well get 9.8 feet or 3 meters, and subtract your hight from that, that is how much taller you can stack baricades. Do you think thats balanced? Well just so you know every. Single. Player is 2 meters tall, thats 6.5 feet tall. So in minecraft you can stack baricades 3.3 feet, or 1 meter above your head. An everage person is 5 foot, 10 inches, so your minecraft character is actually pretty tall, and still the baricade max hight are pretty tall! And if baricades where able to be stacked to 9 meters tall!? That is 29.5 feet tall! Think about that, would that be balanced? But still I want it even if its crazy :D

Sorry for this long comment, it is probably completely off, and confusing, I got distracted a little bit, forgive me :)

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    The player is 6.1 feet, not 6.5. Don't ask me how it's not 6.5 but check the wiki out if ya don't believe me. Also, many proportions in the game are way off either way. Cars you see on the streets abandoned in the game are 15~ feet tall haha.¯\_(•3•)_/¯

OneTesticcle

We do want to expand on having a dynamic map, but buying barricades makes it free build. Also, some interesting words have been written outside of Berxley many times before.
    Why not make a dynamic map where you can free build like this map we have but no buildings ? Eg: Copy the map and delete all the buildings

JessePinktip

Mythical
    JaxonTeller
    JaxonTeller JaxonTeller
    Why not make a dynamic map where you can free build like this map we have but no buildings ? Eg: Copy the map and delete all the buildings
    That would be just dumb really (no offense man) I mean people are going to abuse this and screw up the map with random stuff and inappropriate builds.

Manchuria

That would be just dumb really (no offense man) I mean people are going to abuse this and screw up the map with random stuff and inappropriate builds.

What he's talking about is having another game mode altogether with a blank-ish map that you could build on.

It sounds pretty cool, and I think some players would like playing this in addition to the normal TMD.

But hey that's just my opinion.

JessePinktip

Mythical
    JaxonTeller
    JaxonTeller JaxonTeller
    What he's talking about is having another game mode altogether with a blank-ish map that you could build on.

It sounds pretty cool, and I think some players would like playing this in addition to the normal TMD.

But hey that's just my opinion.
    I know that's what he's talking about the map would just look like crap knowing how people are. But hey that's just my opinion

Faded_Panda

Faded_Panda
    Faded_Panda Faded_Panda
    I know that's what he's talking about the map would just look like crap knowing how people are. But hey that's just my opinion
    It could work and it wouldn't look like "crap" if we had plots seperating a players build to another players. And perhaps players could purchase bigger plots to mess around with. A bit like creative, here is a link to my idea
    https://havocmc.net/threads/sandbox.310/
    Tell me how you feel about it ^-^
    @VCxReacTionZ
    @KingSparklez
    @InitialPotatoes_

JessePinktip

Mythical
    JaxonTeller
    JaxonTeller JaxonTeller
    It could work and it wouldn't look like "crap" if we had plots seperating a players build to another players. And perhaps players could purchase bigger plots to mess around with. A bit like creative, here is a link to my idea
    https://havocmc.net/threads/sandbox.310/
    Tell me how you feel about it ^-^
    @VCxReacTionZ
    @KingSparklez
    @InitialPotatoes_
    I meant if it was the same TMD map but with no buildings that we'd build on it would look like crap (like initialpotatoes said). But if it was a plot world then I'm pretty sure it would work out fine.

Faded_Panda

Faded_Panda
    Faded_Panda Faded_Panda
    I meant if it was the same TMD map but with no buildings that we'd build on it would look like crap (like initialpotatoes said). But if it was a plot world then I'm pretty sure it would work out fine.
    Ok I see where you're coming from :)