• IP Copied!
  • More staff! + Helper Ideas

Goners

Mythical
    Goners
    Goners Goners
    Recently since I have joined TMD (HavocMC) again after not playing for several months I've noticed that not all staff are active as they should be. I do however realize that staff members have to have lives too. But, I'm going to say this as nice as possible.
    The game is honestly getting so irritating as there are hackers everywhere now. I've seen the same speed hacker running around for almost 4 days now, and still they're not banned. Yes, we should report it, however it shouldn't have to come to that. It's a staff members job to get these players taken care of. Not us. The point I'm trying to make is that we need active staff + more staff.
    Along with the helper idea, maybe if a helper could record evidence, and temp ban a hacker then a moderator will take a look at this evidence of the hacker and decide if it should be a perm, stay temp, or be an unban.
    Also, maybe some anti cheats would be a great add-on. Along with the fact that staff aren't on as much this would be great.
    It is a huge problem that not only I am seeing but other players around the server as well.
    Please take this thread into consideration.
    Thank you.

Last edited:

xdeclanlee

The lack of staff that can actually do something is a big problem, especially when the server is getting bigger and bigger. The staff have lives too, you are right, but, they have a job on here to keep us players happy. To keep hackers, bullies etc off of the server. The staff are just not doing that job.
    Whenever you address the situation to a staff member, they always find excuses to make the server look better than it actually is. But let's all be honest, TMD is dying. #MakeTMDGreatAgian

Funnehh

Mythical
    Funnehh
    Funnehh Funnehh
    wink wonk nudge nudge
    #Funny4Staff

It will never happen, a few reasons I'm probably won't apply and none of the staff trust me and I don't want to spend lots of time as a helper which will never get promoted. But ty for the # ;D

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    PolarDynasty PolarDynasty
    If we don't have enough of qualified applicants, we can't have more staff. If you think you are qualified enough, to join staff or BUILDERS please apply.

Goners

Mythical
    Goners
    Goners Goners
    If we don't have enough of qualified applicants, we can't have more staff. If you think you are qualified enough, to join staff or BUILDERS please apply.
    Just stating that over 500+ people play on this server.. AT LEAST 50 of them would apply, and within those 50 there is obviously one person qualified because that is just how it works. Not only for this server, but every other server. Staff also need to become more active and take care of issues.

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    Just stating that over 500+ people play on this server.. AT LEAST 50 of them would apply, and within those 50 there is obviously one person qualified because that is just how it works. Not only for this server, but every other server. Staff also need to become more active and take care of issues.
    If you feel like we don't do our job properly, I suggest you to apply for staff, and do it better.

Inside 2016 we have approved 14 builder applications out of 102. 7 of the approved applicants are now builders. You can certainly see that we don't have enough of qualified applicants to have alot of staff.

Last edited:

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    Polar we can't see helper apps, and Goners is talking about helper apps not builders. I think we are doing pretty decent on the build team. But from what I've heard, talking to the moderators and admins is that they just get a TON of crappy applications for helper. Which is unfortunate, but it is what it is. I do agree that there should be more staff able to ban, especially for speed hackers. Maybe even Head Builders *wink wink* no jk.

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    Polar we can't see helper apps, and Goners is talking about helper apps not builders. I think we are doing pretty decent on the build team. But from what I've heard, talking to the moderators and admins is that they just get a TON of crappy applications for helper. Which is unfortunate, but it is what it is. I do agree that there should be more staff able to ban, especially for speed hackers. Maybe even Head Builders *wink wink* no jk.
    Well that was what I basically ment. We don't get enough of good applications.
    And #polar4headbuilder2017

Oicurdead

To be fair, all servers will have issues with staff distribution regardless of how well maintained or the size of the network. To a degree it is up to the regular players to try and record a hacker or to report any rule breakers when they see one because there won't always be a mod on. The size of the staff team may be small, but I'm sure it will grow.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    I applied before and of course got denied because I'm 13.

Don't we count maturity level over age..?

Or is that suddenly worthless..?

Funnehh

Mythical
    Funnehh
    Funnehh Funnehh
    I applied before and of course got denied because I'm 13.

Don't we count maturity level over age..?

Or is that suddenly worthless..?

Age is a good way to show maturity... But if you are 1 year younger and your application is good, you have a good chance.

DeleteThisAcc

Mythical
    DeleteThisAcc
    DeleteThisAcc DeleteThisAcc
    TMD is dying.
    That's not what the 500+ player counter says :)

I believe with our newest addition to the staff team UnknownMelody and the amount of hackers the staff team ban in a day is a step in the right direction. Contrary to most beliefs it would be impossible to stop the server from having hackers, they're like zombies and won't stop spawning, all we can do as staff is minimize the amount there are while taking criticism from you all.

Funnehh

Mythical
    Funnehh
    Funnehh Funnehh

I believe with our newest addition to the staff team UnknownMelody and the amount of hackers the staff team ban in a day is a step in the right direction. Contrary to most beliefs it would be impossible to stop the server from having hackers, they're like zombies and won't stop spawning, all we can do as staff is minimize the amount there are while taking criticism from you all.
    Get rekt.

Pawndahhh

I think the two reasons that there aren't enough staff is that: 1. The average age on this server (this is a estimation) is 11-16 and out of that(I think) only 16 year olds are said to be old/mature enough/ meaning that 1/5 of the servers main players are not recommended to apply. also, although controversial, i believe players that have been punished longer than a 2-3 months ago shouldn't still have it held against them when applying 3 months later.

_Vapples_

It never fails that this 'Bandwagon of Approaching Death' starts... It's twice as infectious as the zombie virus but one-fourth as lethal.