• IP Copied!
  • New gamemode idea

Would you like to see a long game version, a shortened version, or both?

• Total voters

JNCStatic

Champion
    Ecstaticism
    Ecstaticism Ecstaticism
    I have a suggestion for a new game mode in the server. Basically, it was a server where there was at first one monster, and people were given 10 minutes to prepare, the monster (relatively weak by itself, but supported by AI that spawned nearby it) had time to storm the defenders, and each killed player became a monster, there were so called “checkpoints” which were captured when monsters held the area without any interruptions from defenders. The game ended when all of the checkpoints were taken by the monsters (I can’t remember if all of the players had to die for the monsters to win) but yeah. Games generally lasted between 45-90 minutes, with the longest game I was in being 2:30 hours. There are ways you could make the game last less time. There were also multiple roles, such as a supporting role, a Tank role, a magic role, and more, for defenders. For monsters, there were breaching roles, close range roles, distance roles, and interference roles. I’m wondering if we could do something like this for the HavocMC server, incorporating rebels and military into the mix, with rebels taking over a base being the main goal. (By the way the monster didn’t have to wait the whole time, they became a monster when the 10 minute preparation time was over.) I know this may seem like a really difficult task, but I really miss that server and I would absolutely love it if we could incorporate a new game mode into the server to broaden the player base and increase interest from different types of players as well, as this is not just a basic battle royals game, but at the same time, requires skill, with all players being given somewhat similar advantages (except kits, as ranks should have some kind of benefits for being ranked players, and people who play often can also win these kits from in-game currency gained over time by playing.) I really know this is an extreme stretch for something new, and would take a lot of time and effort, but if we could pull it off right, the player population may grow again, which is what I want to see again. I would be glad to assist in this effort if I am accepted as staff, but right now as a member of the community, this is something I really want to see.

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    If I am not mistaken I believe we were once going to have a similar minigame back when Minewars was running. Its in general a very good idea and I think it could be implemented with the tmd theme.