• IP Copied!
  • Quest System!

Tactical_Fox48
    Tactical_Fox48 Tactical_Fox48
    Now I've been discussing this idea in a few threads now, and I think a quest system is what TMD needs to refresh itself.

When I found out that Mine Wars is going to be incorporating a quest system, I thought a quest system was all TMD needed to become something more than just kill, loot, repeat. Having a quest system would help bond players together, as they would have to work together to accomplish difficult tasks. Many people have also been saying that the servers aren't really that similar to the TWD. I think that having players approach the main characters to get quests rather than coming to buy op items would help with that. Rather than being emotionless NPCs, they could be unique, more interactive characters, each with their own personalities expressed through dialogue.

I would think of the quest system to be much like those of Dead Island and Dying Light, where the harder the mission, the better the rewards. This would also be great for players to work together to achieve something, rather than mindlessly murdering each other and stealing loot.

Let me know what you think! Part of the amazing build team, _VC_ , has said that there may be a quest system coming out for TMD later this summer... ;)

Faded_Panda

Faded_Panda
    Faded_Panda Faded_Panda
    This is an awesome idea! TMD would be more interesting and fun then it already is if they added this.

Quests could range from:
    -Turning in items to the npcs for rewards such as armour, specific guns or possbly just food.
    -Getting a specific amount of zombie/player kills

Great job @Tactical_Fox48 :D

Tactical_Fox48
    This is an awesome idea! TMD would be more interesting and fun then it already is if they added this.

Quests could range from:
    -Turning in items to the npcs for rewards such as armour, specific guns or possbly just food.

Thank you, and btw, you can just call me Fox! XD

Tactical_Fox48

Quests could range from:

And I was thinking food item turn-in/ walker kills could be like daily quests!

Faded_Panda

Faded_Panda
    Faded_Panda Faded_Panda
    And I was thinking food item turn-in/ walker kills could be like daily quests!
    Right, and other quests with a higher rewards should be like weekly quests or something like that. :)
    Also, this may not be possible but it would be unique if specific npc's quests related to them.
    For example Rick might have a quest and that would be to find him his Colt Python whereas Daryl might have a quest to find his crossbow etc.

Tactical_Fox48
    Right, and other quests with a higher rewards should be like weekly quests or something like that. :)
    Also, this may not be possible but it would be unique if specific npc's quests related to them.
    For example Rick might have a quest and that would be to find him his Colt Python whereas Daryl might have a quest to find his crossbow etc.
    Oh, and like my new signature? XD

Tactical_Fox48
    I feel that the quests like that would be introductory quests for characters you haven't approached yet

Faded_Panda

Faded_Panda
    Faded_Panda Faded_Panda
    I feel that the quests like that would be introductory quests for characters you haven't approached yet
    Very true. It would be weird retrieving 20 crossbows for Darryl xD
    And Loving the signature :p, although i'm still unsure if picture/gif signatures are allowed as I haven't seen anyone else with one asides from us and I have asked _Nick but I am still awaiting a reply.

I

IHaveInternet

This suggestion has been brought up many times before on the old website. If I'm not mistaken, quests have been implemented in Mine Wars but yet to be added in TMD. Furthermore, I think I recall seeing a post where Nick said quests may be added in the mid-future for TMD.

Tactical_Fox48

Ledge_Dangerclif

Ledge_Dangerclif
    Ledge_Dangerclif Ledge_Dangerclif
    Awsome idea love is I was thinking the samething. there could be quest where you would have to save someone before time is out. It could be like a rpg sort of thing

_Vapples_

There could also be other delivery-type missions that deal with bringing a specially tagged item to a point of interest, such as bringing fuel drums to CDC.

The_HX_Gamer

The_HX_Gamer
    The_HX_Gamer The_HX_Gamer
    A quest system would be a great addition to the server! It would add some things to do when your bored and there's nothing really to do (no wars, or like you just don't feel like going around and killing millions of zombies). It would be also be a cool experience doing some hard quests around the whole server. I think that there should be 6 levels of quests, Basic, Beginner, Intermediate, Hard, Extreme, Insane. Each one would be harder and more extreme, but would lead to more rewards, when you complete a quest, you would be able to choose from 3 prizes: Skulls, Cash, or one other prize, the amount of skulls would be half the amount of cash. Basic would give you $1000, each rank up doubles from the rank behind it, for example Insane would be $32,000 if you chose cash, and 16,000 skulls. But the quests are SUPER hard in Hard, Extreme, Insane.
    There could also be other delivery-type missions that deal with bringing a specially tagged item to a point of interest, such as bringing fuel drums to CDC.
    I also like this idea for a type of quest, if you incorporate my level idea into the thread, I would consider delivery missions Basic or Beginner missions because they can be hard, but not so much extreme.

_Vapples_

A quest system would be a great addition to the server! It would add some things to do when your bored and there's nothing really to do (no wars, or like you just don't feel like going around and killing millions of zombies). It would be also be a cool experience doing some hard quests around the whole server. I think that there should be 6 levels of quests, Basic, Beginner, Intermediate, Hard, Extreme, Insane. Each one would be harder and more extreme, but would lead to more rewards, when you complete a quest, you would be able to choose from 3 prizes: Skulls, Cash, or one other prize, the amount of skulls would be half the amount of cash. Basic would give you $1000, each rank up doubles from the rank behind it, for example Insane would be $32,000 if you chose cash, and 16,000 skulls. But the quests are SUPER hard in Hard, Extreme, Insane.

I also like this idea for a type of quest, if you incorporate my level idea into the thread, I would consider delivery missions Basic or Beginner missions because they can be hard, but not so much extreme.
    I think the skulls should scale to about 1/4, or less, the amount of cash just to keep people from farming basic missions for easy skulls. Other than that I think your idea is amazing! I've heard that the devs are working out a quest system for TMD already, but a little community input couldn't hurt, right?