• IP Copied!
  • The PvP community's dichotomy - can we agree on something?

Which Gameplay experience do you prefer?

• Total voters

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    So we can agree we're pretty heavily divided on Spam-pains, but the liking or disliking of that one item doesn't just show your attitude toward healing and tanking, but the PVP meta as a whole.

-If you like the pains, you probably enjoy wars, long drawn out fights waiting for your opponent to slip up, and aren't really concerned about "TWD" aspect of the server. You like the grinding. You're there to fight.
    -If you don't like the pains, you probably enjoy the realism that the server offers. You enjoy scavenging for loot and fighting with what weapons Lady Luck gives you. You like a challenge. You're there to survive.

The thing is, right now the server's trying to swap aspects to balance the two. But the thing is, the server had it right in the past. While these 2 ex-servers didn't exist at the same time, I believe they delivered to these playstyles.

For the Tanks and PVP-centered meta, it was TMDOP. (I was never a huge TMDOP player, so correct me if I'm wrong in my description.) Spam pains and Jugg were common and the vault system was separate as crates gave you better gear. Fights lasted a long time and gang/street wars were furious and electrifying. The meta revolved around out-perfecting your opponents gameplay - if they slipped up once it gave you the upper hand needed to win.

For survivors and the realism centered meta, it was TMDHardcore. There were no commands - no kits, no feed/thirst, no safe zones, no money, no shops, no tp-ing, not even a shout chat - everything was in local or the single command you could use - /msg. Dying banned you for 10 minutes. Your rank didn't matter. You had to live off of what the land and loot gave you. Using T1s was common. Running out of ammo was common. Dying of thirst happened. Seeing a town come up the road was exciting and scary at the same time. It was HARD. Fights required thinking on the fly and how to use every aspect of the situation to your advantage.

Now, I know the two playstyles disagree pretty heavily on a lot. But if we had both of these modes back, I think we could go our separate ways and allow both metas to evolve by themselves. TMDPVP is trying to force the two to live in coexistance, which I don't think is possible.

Let me know which playstyle you like more, and whether you think this is a good idea.

Bulleteater

Bulleteater
    Bulleteater Bulleteater
    I genuinely don’t think TMD will, was, or will ever be good for being hardcore. You just handicap yourself in the end, and this is from someone who very much enjoys the insurgency series & escape from tarkov.

Too many abusable advantages on minecraft in general, and I think the hardcore server was a good concept but too niche

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Aside from a temp ban I would definitely like the old TMD Hardcore back. Current system seems to only want to tick off everyone equally :(. Can someone get an owner to work on this idea rather than breaking more of the game?

Draw4

Draw4
    Draw4 Draw4
    I like being able to fight with a disadvantage so I’ll be voting for the one where everyone can cheat against me :)

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    I don't see why both of these types of game modes couldn't have a place on havoc. Both are fun. I'd play both, but I've yet to see a hardcore type mode on Havoc that actually was fun and executed well.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    The hardcore experience sounds like the comics/show for the true fans and avid players. Death was common. Supplies was scarce and low. Walkers at every corner, threatening to make a meal out of you if the enemies or environment didn't kill you already. Large groups of enemies.
    Another thing about TWD is that notable people like Rick didn't always make good decisions, but they didn't always kill when they could. Maybe ELO gets a use? It could be a humanity rating. Start at 1000, and every time you kill a player, it goes down 50. After being combat tagged BY SOMEONE ELSE, and if you kill them, it does not lower your humanity. To get your humanity up, you are within 5 blocks of someone, and say, exactly as it is:

I trust you.

It will raise your humanity by 100. If you do this, then kill them, it lowers your humanity by 200. Ja or nein?

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    The hardcore experience sounds like the comics/show for the true fans and avid players. Death was common. Supplies was scarce and low. Walkers at every corner, threatening to make a meal out of you if the enemies or environment didn't kill you already. Large groups of enemies.
    Another thing about TWD is that notable people like Rick didn't always make good decisions, but they didn't always kill when they could. Maybe ELO gets a use? It could be a humanity rating. Start at 1000, and every time you kill a player, it goes down 50. After being combat tagged BY SOMEONE ELSE, and if you kill them, it does not lower your humanity. To get your humanity up, you are within 5 blocks of someone, and say, exactly as it is:

I trust you.

It will raise your humanity by 100. If you do this, then kill them, it lowers your humanity by 200. Ja or nein?
    The trust message is iffy, but I like having elo based on if you were combat tagged first or not. Overall good idea :)

Also killing a walker should give +1 elo

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi

I trust you.

That's absolutely awesome, from the realism gameplay. Killing people at will was never TWDs intent. Instead, many conflicts came from the assassination of former survivors. That's why PvP can't have the same ground as realism, theres absolutely nothing of TWD universe on it besides locations and props.
    This 'karma' could benefit you in a short term (like getting fast supplies), but high infame points could avoid you to use some traders. It could even avoid you to entering certain safe zones.
    There's so much that could be done to increase the game complexity, if only we had the owners to talk to us.

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    The hardcore experience sounds like ...
    The trust message is iffy...
    That's absolutely awesome, from the realism gameplay...

So one of the things I liked about Hardcore was there were no stats to keep track of. No money, no elo, no K/D. As a hidden stat, I think the humanity/curse thing is cool. The higher it is the better the loot is when you open a bag or chest. As for keeping you for entering certain safezones, there are no safezones in the first place. They were THERE, but the gates were open and they were shells with no protection area. I even remember the loot in them being pretty good.

The gameplay was so simple but so complex at the same time.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Hmm... if you've seen the show or read the comics, killing does something to you. Not in a good way. I like the idea of pve and pvp at the same time; that's what I'm going for. Oh wait. I just saw what you mean. The within radius and the message.. ahhh. ok. But, killing 50 walkers could make it seem as though you're innocent and haven't hurt a fly. But...

Your stats all start at 0.

Kills: 0
    Deaths: 0
    Humanity: 1000
    Walker kills: 0

When you kill a walker, it goes to:

Kills: 0
    Deaths: 0
    Humanity: 1001
    Walker Kills: 1

You can go to the original 1000, then subtract the player kills (-50 each), and add the walker kills.
    Anyone agree?

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Yep, that sounds plausible, from the realism perspective.
    I'd risk saying that, whatever changes were made regarding PvE, people would be happy. I really don't understand why would they rollback the zombies buff in the PvE, wheres there's absolutely nothing else to worry about.
    We get that a single mechanics change can have a huge impact in PvP, but again, only there. The survival aspect are different for both of them, Havoc will keep sinking while trying to merge an 'optimal' point for these two different games: arcade X survival