• IP Copied!
  • About the Server

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    Hello, it is I, Craven. Throughout the past month or two, there have been a few things in how the server is being run that I'd like to criticize. I'm not trying to offend anybody, but at the same time, I can't promise that you'll like everything I have to say.

The "Most Popular Gamemode"
    This thread, (https://havocmc.net/threads/our-plans-for-the-summer.6203/) goes over some of the plans for the server in the near future, as well as further ahead. One of the announcements was that the focus of HavocMc was going to be shifted to TMD.

Now, I'd like you to take a look at a few interesting dates:
    Havoc Horizons was last updated July 9, 2017
    Mine Wars hasn't received an update since February 27, 2017
    Map Maker stopped being playable a little bit before Jan 18, 2018
    Mine Wars Conquest stopped being playable some time before July 29, 2017

So this leads to an interesting question: You're shifting the network to focus on TMD. Where was the attention before you shifted it?

This also sums up why TMD is the most popular mode on the server. In the case of HH and MW, people tend to lose interest after a year with no new content. In the case of MM and Conquest, if you enjoyed those, you're just out of luck.

If you want the other modes to have players and generate hype, you have to update them and give a reason to keep playing. Don't use the players leaving because there was no new content as an excuse not to add anything new.

Misplaced Effort
    While I respect the time and effort put into developing the server by owners, devs, and builders, I feel as though a good chunk of the work they do didn't need to be done in the first place, and the time and effort spent on it could've been applied to bettering another gamemode. The main point where I've noticed this is with the addition of TMDC.

Now, the reason why I say it was wasted effort is simply because the majority of the people who enjoy painkiller pvp were fine with TMDOP, from a couple months ago. Some of the players who played at that point in time even preferred TMDOP to TMDC. While the new mode accomplished the goal of giving pain spammers a server to enjoy, it was really just unnecessary work on the part of the server, since TMDOP could have been re-opened instead.

In the end, just be sure the work you're doing is beneficial. If you have a tool that does something well, you don't need to spend a long time designing a new tool that does the same thing about as well as the old one. Spend the time making something new.

Community Input
    A fair number of the updates TMD has received, some recent, some not, had very little community input involved, and generally the players either don't care, or actively dislike.

One of the most recent examples of this is the new double health bar and healing system.
    (https://havocmc.net/threads/tmd-update-changelog.5992/)

Using the search tool on the forums, you can see exactly how and where a certain word has been used. For instance, you can search up the word "double," and see where the word has been used. You can tell that a double health bar, similar to the shield in Fortnite, wasn't suggested anywhere on there.

We don't run the server, but at the same time, we're the ones who play it. It makes us all happier if there's interaction between players and developers on what's wanted and what isn't.

Final Notes
    Look, whether you want to admit it or not, the server dropped from a player count of 1000 in peak times to a player count of 150 in peak times. Something needs to change with the server. You can hire youtubers to support the server, and get hundreds of new people on here, but if the server continues like it has been, over time all of them will leave.

I've had issues with some of the staff, and I've had a lot of complains about the server itself, but I don't want to see the server die because of poor decisions. Just put some attention into other modes, straighten out your priorities, and listen to the people who play the game. That's really all there is to it.

Last edited:

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    Well said. I personally would have preferred TMD OP.. And the focus has always been tmd.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Well played. Python. Wp. And I agree with a lot of this. I am a huge fan of Star Wars, and currently, both my quests involve Conquest. So, I have to grind stormtroopers until Conquest is fixed.

gabrielmaennl5

Mythical
    gabrielmaennl5
    gabrielmaennl5 gabrielmaennl5
    Essentially the owners/admins are running an entertainment service here... you gotta give the players what they want (as long as it’s fair obviously, but like features) as they are the ones helping your server stay alive by providing a player base.. as well as donations, when there is a decline in a certain thing, or players aren’t getting what they asked for, they are going to loose interest and drift to the many other networks, games or anything other than “HavocMC”

Rattler_

Champion
    xxRatt
    xxRatt xxRatt
    We realize things are wrong with all of our gamemodes and they need to be fixed, but TMD since the beginning has been our primary gamemode and we are working hard to fix and better it for the playerbase.and that is why we have turned our focus to fixing everything wrong with it and to better it for the player base, Mine Wars will be fixed eventually but as said in the Forum Post we have shifted our focus to TMD.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    We realize things are wrong with all of our gamemodes and they need to be fixed, but TMD since the beginning has been our primary gamemode and we are working hard to fix and better it for the playerbase.and that is why we have turned our focus to fixing everything wrong with it and to better it for the player base, Mine Wars will be fixed eventually but as said in the Forum Post we have shifted our focus to TMD.
    Here's what I don't agree with in that statement: you're essentially saying that the only gamemode worthy of priority is TMD. Sure, updates can be done to TMD to improve it, and there's nothing wrong with that. The problem here is that the updates being done to TMD don't need to be done, and that the gamemodes that desperately need updates aren't receiving them.

Say you own three cars, one of which works fine, one of which barely works, and the other doesn't run at all. If you were going to do work on your cars, chances are you would work on either the one that doesn't work too well, or the one that doesn't work at all, so that you have multiple working cars. The one that runs fine might need some maintenance from time to time, but you shouldn't say "Instead of working on the cars that don't run as well, I'm going to take every piece off this car one by one, make sure it's perfect, and put it back together." You shouldn't do this because a) the time would've been used much better to get one of the other cars functional, and b) because the car that was working fine beforehand might not run as well if every piece was taken off and put back on.

Sure, get TMD fully functional. Add the 5 spinoff modes that were supposed to be out months ago. Just don't be so naive as to assume TMD should be the only mode that gets attention.

Also, I'd like you to explain this:
    we have shifted our focus to TMD.
    It doesn't appear that there's been any updates or maintenance on any other mode aside from TMD and HN for just about a year.

Where was the focus shifted from?

Last edited: