• I like it.

• The thought needs some work.

• I don't like it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Ok so this is just a little thought of mine. I think that we should have a second map for the server. Now I know your like "What is wrong with the one we have now?" Nothing, except for the fact that it is based on the walking dead, which severely limits the size and what can be built, now I know there are some places that aren't in the show but still.
    (I will put a short summary at the end for those who don't want to read the whole thing.)
    My idea is that we have a second map, this new map would have all sorts of different locations. It wouldn't just be from the walking dead. It would provide a whole new experience for players and allow player builds to be implemented. It would sort of be like a community map, and by this I mean a map made from things by the community and other things. A lot of people have amazing builds, but most likely will never be implemented. Now I'm not saying go out of your way and build a completely new map and everything, just take the old map and add to it. The builders don't even have to build the buildings, they could just pick maps made by the community and implement them if they are good enough.

Short summary: A new map, based on the old map, but it has all sorts of builds, from the community. Not just based on the Walking Dead.

bethgreenesings
    bethgreenesings bethgreenesings
    Eh, I personally wouldn't like that. I don't think I would play on another map with random builds. I very much like the map how it is with locations from the show. Having the map be like the world of The Walking Dead is why I joined this server, I'd rather just keep playing on the map we have. I'm not saying this is a horrible idea, just my opinion on the idea.

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    I don't know if you know this or not, but for the last 4 months we've been working on an entirely new map that is 8,000 x 8,000 in size (current map is 5,000 x 5000). Every single main walking dead location is being rebuilt and everything is getting a completely new layout. Walking dead builds don't limit us at all. For the various towns and cities across the map we are finding filming locations and building the city around it. For example the location where Maggie and Sasha met up in season 4 after the prison was in a town called Newnan. So we make the show location and from google street view we build the rest of the town around it and bang, just like that we have a walking dead town. If we did this with every location we could have hundreds of cities. Basically what I'm saying is, no more random towns in the middle of nowhere and no more unrealistic roads. Everything is completely realistic from real life and the show and is gonna be a very refreshing experience to TMD players. Oh and did I mention the new Atlanta is roughly 6 times bigger than the current one?

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    new Atlanta is roughly 6 times bigger than the current one
    Finally a realistic Atlanta. Is the cdc roughly inside of Atlanta or is the cdc on the edge? Having it surrounded by towers would make cdc camping hard.

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    PolarDynasty PolarDynasty
    Finally a realistic Atlanta. Is the cdc roughly inside of Atlanta or is the cdc on the edge? Having it surrounded by towers would make cdc camping hard.
    No u silly? It is irl not in the downtown, it is located in the suburbs. + We made it a camping heaven. Well even tough we added multiple ways to the basement etc. but with a group it will be quite nice compound.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    The area around the CDC hasnt been developed yet, but yeah it will be made so people can't camp it as easily
    Maybe put some sort of wall around it? Or
    No u silly? It is irl not in the downtown, it is located in the suburbs. + We made it a camping heaven. Well even tough we added multiple ways to the basement etc. but with a group it will be quite nice compound.
    add multiple doors to basement, like a hatch that leads directly outside (in the back of CDC or something)

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    PolarDynasty PolarDynasty
    like a hatch that leads directly outside (in the back of CDC or something)
    Nah not on my watch. Remember that camping is a way of surviving, and this servers core idea was surviving :p Just saying that there is one way in to the CDC, and two out. Also it has three ways down, and two up. It will stay like that unless someone from the team that builds CDC does something to it.

If you have a group camping in the CDC basement (bc u can't camp there on ur own) you can do a group attack there? The new CDC offers more opportunities for both sides. The campers and the attack(on titan)ers.