• IP Copied!
  • [BIG Idea] Towny Gamemode?

Should HavocMC add a towny game mode?

• Total voters

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    Considering the recent boost in players and addition of Havoc Horizons and OP TMD, I feel it would be appropriate for HavocMC to work towards a towny gamemode/server. List your suggestions/comments below.

If you vote, please leave a reason below so players can discuss.

UIGaming

Mythical
    UIGaming
    UIGaming UIGaming
    My opinion.... I was staff on a towny server before and I nearly died. Sorry but it's a huge no from me.

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    My opinion.... I was staff on a towny server before and I nearly died. Sorry but it's a huge no from me.

Towny servers just call for good execution, which didn't happen as much as it could have in early-Minecraft towny servers. I don't think that HavocMC is capable of messing up something as simple as Towny.

UIGaming

Mythical
    UIGaming
    UIGaming UIGaming
    Towny servers just call for good execution, which didn't happen as much as it could have in early-Minecraft towny servers. I don't think that HavocMC is capable of messing up something as simple as Towny.
    It's not if the server can do it or not. From experience towny is the worst community besides PvP, it is just a bunch of complaining players that like arguing with other players for no reason. I really don't think it would be a good idea.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I think a towny gamemode would be fine, but the idea needs more development. Just saying "towny gamemode" isnt as specific. Try asking questions like
    What is the theme?
    How would players interact?
    What would the economy be like?
    (just some ideas)

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I think a towny gamemode would be fine, but the idea needs more development. Just saying "towny gamemode" isnt as specific. Try asking questions like
    What is the theme?
    How would players interact?
    What would the economy be like?
    (just some ideas)

Right, I think with any gamemode that HavocMC implements, they always have their own twist/programming or coding. There's definitely a lot that can be considered and changed from older Towny-style servers, while keeping the same basic idea.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Right, I think with any gamemode that HavocMC implements, they always have their own twist/programming or coding. There's definitely a lot that can be considered and changed from older Towny-style servers, while keeping the same basic idea.
    Meh, it's still good to add a concept idea, then staff can change/add to it.

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    A walking dead towny server where you can build bases, raid others, and find loot?
    (Only build spots in certain locations)

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    A walking dead towny server where you can build bases, raid others, and find loot?
    (Only build spots in certain locations)

I was thinking more directed towards normal survival mode and a traditional towny-based game mode. Adding walking dead might overcomplicate things but that could also work I'm sure. Normally, you get to claim territory that no one else out of your city/town/empire/kingdom/etc. can build in and no raiders. It would be even more fun than adding Walking Dead.

Shallowing

Mythical
    Shallowing
    Shallowing Shallowing
    I was once staff on a towny server also and I left because of how toxic people were. Players tried to get in arguments with me everyday. ****** role plays took place.... a lot. Not something I'd like to see Havoc turn into. Huge no from me too, sorry.

Haren

I was once staff on a towny server
    You were a roleplay survival moderator. Yes, we did have a towny server, but you never went on it.

I left because of how toxic people were
    Your job was to keep the server less toxic, and we see how that turned out.

Players tried to get in arguments with me everyday. ****** role plays took place.... a lot
    If you actually played before applying maybe you'd know that this was a normal occurrence. Not only that, you had the power to stop them. However, you only made 7 punishments in 2 months of being staff. Meanwhile, another mod who'd been here for 1 month made over 500 punishments.

Anyway, good luck with this server. Hopefully you'll actually do your job.

Shallowing

Mythical
    Shallowing
    Shallowing Shallowing
    @Haren I don't believe I was staff on there for two months also, why assign me as staff when you thought I didn't play before applying?... and thanks I'll make sure to do better on this server then the last! I'm glad you're wanting to see me do better :p however, I don't see as this comment is affective in anyway as you contacted me about this on skype yesterday ^-^ feel free to tell me more about how bad I was as staff on your server via skype!

Last edited:

Mr_Rebelz_59

Titan
    Rebdogg
    Rebdogg Rebdogg
    You were a roleplay survival moderator. Yes, we did have a towny server, but you never went on it.

Your job was to keep the server less toxic, and we see how that turned out.

If you actually played before applying maybe you'd know that this was a normal occurrence. Not only that, you had the power to stop them. However, you only made 7 punishments in 2 months of being staff. Meanwhile, another mod who'd been here for 1 month made over 500 punishments.

Anyway, good luck with this server. Hopefully you'll actually do your job.
    I don't understand why you commented this, are you trying to attack a staff member or trying to go against the suggestion, if someone actually did 500 punishments in a month in that game mode alone is it really worth adding to a server?

Anyways back to the topic, i've never really played on a towny server before so i haven't got a clue what it is however reading the other comments it doesn't sound like a pleasant game mode.

Knightas

Legend
    Knightas
    Knightas Knightas
    i do like the idea of TMD towny it will make it more like the real TWD you travel as a group and team up and make a base and raid others

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I don't understand why you commented this, are you trying to attack a staff member or trying to go against the suggestion, if someone actually did 500 punishments in a month in that game mode alone is it really worth adding to a server?

Anyways back to the topic, i've never really played on a towny server before so i haven't got a clue what it is however reading the other comments it doesn't sound like a pleasant game mode.

Towny gamemodes are basically where players are set into a survival world and encouraged to create individual civilizations/cities/empires. Usually, they start as a small group of friends who make a small town together and eventually you can grow to become a huge empire that spans from one end of the map to another. It's basically like a simulation of real life and civilization.

It's an extremely fun gamemode once you play it, trust me. Nothing better than obtaining power and building your own thing.

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    Sounds cool but kinda sounds like factions aswell, i don't know i could be mega wrong haha

Yeah, sometimes it can get like that, but claimed areas can't be raided or destroyed/built on except by the residents. The focus is greater on town building.