• IP Copied!
  • [Challenge] Hardcore Mode

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Ladies and Germs I have a Chlnge for you. Since my callouts for Hardcore mode's return have echoed into the unlistening darkness for a little over a year, I've just started doing it myself. Here are the rules if you want to try it as well.

If you like feeling on edge, like you could die at any time, this is for you.
    If you want a full zombie apocalypse feel, this is for you.
    If you want to hone your skills taking down people with better gear, this is for you.

- Start with no kit. If you receive Survivor's gear throw it out. All of it. Empty inventory. The only gear you can use is from looting or kills.
    - Random spawn. Do /play.
    - No commands. No /thirst, /feed, /tpa, /tpahere, /shop, /near, or /shout (yea, no shout chat, only local. This includes putting a ! before what you say). The only two you can run are /tell and /play - these are the 2 you got in the old Hardcore mode. (If you wish you may /toggle as well... for a full experience turn it off). /camo & /skin are legal too, I guess.
    - You may not enter safezones.
    - You may use the /map but for an extra challenge, don't.
    - If you die, start again. /play and throw out your kit wherever you land.

Besides this it's anything goes. Play on PvP on for a full experience, but you can do this on PvP off as well. The goal is to make the challenge the same for everyone, despite rank or wealth. (Money is useless in this mode since you cant /shop or enter safezones.)

Recommended strategies:
    - Get a melee as soon as you can. This will help against walkers.
    - Don't ignore bandages. Keep a handful in case you get bit.
    - Keep at least 1 waterbottle on your person.
    - Don't overload yourself with guns - if you find a M14 and you have an Dragunov, chuck the Drag.
    - Stay alert. Turn on hitboxes and keep your eye over your shoulder.
    - Take any/all ammo you find. Even if you don't have an SMG yet, take the mags. You might need them later.

If you want a rule clarified (so those of us who want can all play the same way) ask below.

Good luck.

(Post cool survival stories below)

49ersfan77

Mythical
    49ersfan77
    49ersfan77 49ersfan77
    Ladies and Germs I have a Chlnge for you. Since my callouts for Hardcore mode's return have echoed into the unlistening darkness for a little over a year, I've just started doing it myself. Here are the rules if you want to try it as well.

If you like feeling on edge, like you could die at any time, this is for you.
    If you want a full zombie apocalypse feel, this is for you.
    If you want to hone your skills taking down people with better gear, this is for you.

- Start with no kit. If you receive Survivor's gear throw it out. All of it. Empty inventory. The only gear you can use is from looting or kills.
    - Random spawn. Do /play.
    - No commands. No /thirst, /feed, /tpa, /tpahere, /shop, /near, or /shout (yea, no shout chat, only local. This includes putting a ! before what you say). The only two you can run are /tell and /play - these are the 2 you got in the old Hardcore mode. (If you wish you may /toggle as well... for a full experience turn it off). /camo & /skin are legal too, I guess.
    - You may not enter safezones.
    - You may use the /map but for an extra challenge, don't.
    - If you die, start again. /play and throw out your kit wherever you land.

Besides this it's anything goes. Play on PvP on for a full experience, but you can do this on PvP off as well. The goal is to make the challenge the same for everyone, despite rank or wealth. (Money is useless in this mode since you cant /shop or enter safezones.)

Recommended strategies:
    - Get a melee as soon as you can. This will help against walkers.
    - Don't ignore bandages. Keep a handful in case you get bit.
    - Keep at least 1 waterbottle on your person.
    - Don't overload yourself with guns - if you find a M14 and you have an Dragunov, chuck the Drag.
    - Stay alert. Turn on hitboxes and keep your eye over your shoulder.
    - Take any/all ammo you find. Even if you don't have an SMG yet, take the mags. You might need them later.

If you want a rule clarified (so those of us who want can all play the same way) ask below.

Good luck.

(Post cool survival stories below)
    #BringBackHardcoreMode2018 That was legitimately my second favorite thing ever on this server right after Hell Night

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    Every time I've ever played TMD I basically do that but instead I start with the hunter kit and do /play then hunt and loot my way to better gear. I have infinite but I find it boring to just buy all the good stuff, it's fun to earn it, but yeah this is a great idea, im definetly gonna try it. It forces you to be good with bad gear.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    yep, I dont pvp but often I do that at @tmd-4, funny I do at least 85% of what you described there. After some time it starts getting so easy, having ranks/infinite is way too overkill

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno
    I usually use kit hunter and immediately turn to /play (like a lot of others) mainly to get that adrenaline feel whenever I’m up against someone with Tier 2 and higher.

This challenge brought me back when I first joined TMD when Jugg didn’t matter and getting military armor was actually good; When I actually used strategy to kill my opponents instead of going full Rambo and start shooting bullets at anyone I see. Back then, I picked and chose my battles to survive and used tactics and strategy to gain the upper hand. It made me feel on edge with adrenaline pumping through my veins every time I saw a new opponent knowing that Tier 4 items was not going to help me this time.

In contrast to jumping off of Berx with full jugg saying “1v1 me [enter username here],” “ez,” “noob,” or “t r a s h,” you explore more of the map, you scavenge to survive, and a person near by triggers your Fight or Flight response: it’s all part of the apocalyptic feel, because fighting continuously at Berx and saying salty comments is not why I joined this server.

I joined for the apocalyptic feel.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    I usually use kit hunter and immediately turn to /play (like a lot of others) mainly to get that adrenaline feel whenever I’m up against someone with Tier 2 and higher.

This challenge brought me back when I first joined TMD when Jugg didn’t matter and getting military armor was actually good; When I actually used strategy to kill my opponents instead of going full Rambo and start shooting bullets at anyone I see. Back then, I picked and chose my battles to survive and used tactics and strategy to gain the upper hand. It made me feel on edge with adrenaline pumping through my veins every time I saw a new opponent knowing that Tier 4 items was not going to help me this time.

In contrast to jumping off of Berx with full jugg saying “1v1 me [enter username here],” “ez,” “noob,” or “t r a s h,” you explore more of the map, you scavenge to survive, and a person near by triggers your Fight or Flight response: it’s all part of the apocalyptic feel, because fighting continuously at Berx and saying salty comments is not why I joined this server.

I joined for the apocalyptic feel.
    This Guy R I G H T H E R E is a good example of The Hunter Community