• IP Copied!
  • Changing the Swear Filter

Yourgaycousin

Hello!

I have made a post previously about being banned on more than three occasion for my username (Yourgaycousin). Knowing that there are more LGBTQ+ folks on this server besides myself, I think it's important that the swear filter is changed/adjusted so that Gay and **** are not considered swears or muteable offenses. I noticed in my first post that **** was removed making it difficult for some readers to understand what I was talking about. Hiding these words does not protect the community, but it hurts it and makes it diffcult for us to voice any problems and ****phobic experiences. Because of my interactions with some newer mods, I think it would also be important for moderators to be knowledgeable on recognzing ****phobia (so instances like my ban do not happen again) and bigotry.

I hope you take these ideas and concerns into account! And of course thank you for hosting a fun and awesome server!

FireRageHD

Mythical
    FireRageHD
    FireRageHD FireRageHD
    Given that a lot of people use, but not limited to, the term "gay" as an insult towards other players, we have it set as part of the censored words category. We are not against LGBTQ+ by any means, but given our community uses it as an insult more often than not it is censored and will most likely stay censored as a result. Also if it is used in a sense that is not insulting another player, ideology, etc. , the player in question should not be punished if done in private msgs or team chat.

DerKaempfer_HD

Sr Builder
    DerKaempfer_HD
    DerKaempfer_HD DerKaempfer_HD
    Given that a lot of people use, but not limited to, the term "gay" as an insult towards other players, we have it set as part of the censored words category. We are not against LGBTQ+ by any means, but given our community uses it as an insult more often than not it is censored and will most likely stay censored as a result. Also if it is used in a sense that is not insulting another player, ideology, etc. , the player in question should not be punished if done in private msgs or team chat.
    ^ pretty much that, there have been several discussions on discord regarding this already, with the same reasoning.