• IP Copied!
  • /chat for us roleplayers? Lol

Jirache

Mythical
    Jirache
    Jirache Jirache
    So, on other servers (if staff need to see them, message me and I can give the names/ips) They have a command called /chat. It can be used to turn global, local, etc. on and off. I think this could help the server because it's hard to roleplay when I keep seeing people with champion rank talking and it looks like local. I know /ignore exists, but it would be a lot easier to just use /chat. Thank you, I hope this gets added! :D

I

IHaveInternet

TMD has a local/global chat.
    Type /shout on to speak globally and type /shout off to speak in local chat.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    I think a /rpchat on/off would be a good addition to havoc. I don't really go to areas where roleplays are common (unless I feel like trolling). How /rpchat would work is like this:
    I do /rpchat on, and then I can't see people's comments that aren't in rpchat, and people who aren't in rpchat cant see mine. This is so chat isn't spammed with "cries and runs to her bedroom" or "Pulls out gun and shots."
    When I'm in rpchat, I do /rps on/off. rps stands for RolePlay Shout. It works just like /shout, but for rpc. It defaults to off.
    So, once I have the settings correct, all I do is say something in chat and it will be in roleplay chat.
    Also, if this is added, rping in normal chat (shout and local) is a low priority offence (if you rp in normal chat, you will be muted for 15 minutes)
    This is so people don't ignore the rp chat and so safe areas aren't as cancerous.

Jirache

Mythical
    Jirache
    Jirache Jirache
    I think a /rpchat on/off would be a good addition to havoc. I don't really go to areas where roleplays are common (unless I feel like trolling). How /rpchat would work is like this:
    I do /rpchat on, and then I can't see people's comments that aren't in rpchat, and people who aren't in rpchat cant see mine. This is so chat isn't spammed with "cries and runs to her bedroom" or "Pulls out gun and shots."
    When I'm in rpchat, I do /rps on/off. rps stands for RolePlay Shout. It works just like /shout, but for rpc. It defaults to off.
    So, once I have the settings correct, all I do is say something in chat and it will be in roleplay chat.
    Also, if this is added, rping in normal chat (shout and local) is a low priority offence (if you rp in normal chat, you will be muted for 15 minutes)
    This is so people don't ignore the rp chat and so safe areas aren't as cancerous.
    But if you did that, you would see everyone's roleplay chat all over the map. That would make it even worse for those who roleplay...

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    That could work, but a lot of people don't really like to show their voices in roleplays. They'd rather type.
    Saying things like "Armen picks up a spork" would sound wierd just saying it, but maybe a voice thing for talking and a type thing for actions would be cool (Like discord)

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    But if you did that, you would see everyone's roleplay chat all over the map. That would make it even worse for those who roleplay...
    That's why there is the /rps on and off. If its off, than you can see only see rpers in your area. If its on, you can see you can type into rpchat shout. This is so people that like to do radio things get their way too.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    That's why there is the /rps on and off. If its off, than you can see only see rpers in your area. If its on, you can see you can type into rpchat shout. This is so people that like to do radio things get their way too.
    Since when is that a command :eek:

olothus

Mythical
    olothus
    olothus olothus
    I think the original idea was along the lines of /toggle <to turn off/on the stats hud>.....

but for /chat to turn off on "chat".....

however the problem i see, is that if you were to turn off chat, you would in essence lose all chat ability, IE: most servers that have that feature, turns off all chat channels.....

What the other ppl are suggesting is a "RP channel"

I am sure there is a way to do it.... <look and the things done to chat while in HN>

Jirache

Mythical
    Jirache
    Jirache Jirache
    I think the original idea was along the lines of /toggle <to turn off/on the stats hud>.....

but for /chat to turn off on "chat".....

however the problem i see, is that if you were to turn off chat, you would in essence lose all chat ability, IE: most servers that have that feature, turns off all chat channels.....

What the other ppl are suggesting is a "RP channel"

I am sure there is a way to do it.... <look and the things done to chat while in HN>
    On one server (Can't say name) that does roleplays, when you do /chat, a menu pops up saying "Server" "Local" "Messages" and under each there would be green wool. If you click the green wool under "Server" it would turn red, meaning server chat was the only one off.

CopperheadJake

Champion
    CopperheadJake
    CopperheadJake CopperheadJake
    This is a good idea still, but it'll be difficult to code. We should focus on adding that zone of snow to the map for the builders, and the developer should work on fixing a few of the common glitches.