• IP Copied!
  • Don't allow pvp around safe zones.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Okay so this suggestion is very simple, remove pvp near safe zones, and by near I mean any point you can use the command to enter safe zone.

The reason for this is that safe zones are supposed to be safe. Yet, if you try to leave you will most likely be shot by safezone campers.

This change would make safezone really a "safezone"
    It would also stop the glitch killing issues from safezone, and overall just make things easier on people who want to go to a safezone.

I realize this idea has some flaws, but I have come up with solutions for said flaws.
    For example: You might say someone could run in safezone to avoid getting killed.

My solution: Make it so you are not safe from pvp in the safezone radius if you are combat tagged. If you are combat tagged, you may only dmg the person that you are combat tagged with.

Let me know if you think of any flaws and I will try to come up with a solution.

Also this is just a suggestion and I am open to all criticism bad or good, and I encourage you to leave some!

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    a great idea. i once finally got full riot gear from killing players and i was like "yes, finally! now to store this!" the moment i got within render distance of berx, i got sniped.

Brsssh

this is a horrible idea... the reasoning behind it is solid but you cant make the area around a sz no pvp or it will make the safezone camping infinitely worse imagine what would happen if people can sit in the "safe radius" shoot you as soon as you run out then run right back in? I agree this is a HUGE problem but your suggestion will only make it worse. the best you could hope for is maybe that they make the teleportation signs send you out farther and more randomly or maybe that you get a 20 second pvp protection as soon as you leave the savezone

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    Safezones would turn into borderling factions, with one team compint the sz until another kills the other team.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    this is a horrible idea... the reasoning behind it is solid but you cant make the area around a sz no pvp or it will make the safezone camping infinitely worse imagine what would happen if people can sit in the "safe radius" shoot you as soon as you run out then run right back in? I agree this is a HUGE problem but your suggestion will only make it worse. the best you could hope for is maybe that they make the teleportation signs send you out farther and more randomly or maybe that you get a 20 second pvp protection as soon as you leave the savezone

Your suggestion would also work, also I should have put this in there but you would not be able to pvp inside this safe radius, if you tried to pop you would not dmg someone in this radius, even if said person is outside the radius.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    Gotta agree with the majority here. Borders would get camped like there's no tomorrow. It would be like the hour right before the reset and the berx gates were broken. People would hop in and out, pain and then rush back in. It's gonna get abused and abused fast.

It's also not much of a problem. I've killed a fair share of halves in kit sniper and assassin and it's not that hard..

Brsssh

It's also not much of a problem. I've killed a fair share of halves in kit sniper and assassin and it's not that hard..
    the problem is that on average there are 4-10 campers at berx at any given time... if you get out of the safezone you WILL get shot by at least one and if you manage to kill them you'll probably still have to deal with 2-3 more of the first one's friends... i killed a while team of them once just for the first one i killed to come back and kill me right after i killed the last... not to mention people trying to go into the safezones... if you have to stay still for 5 seconds and not even turn your head to watch your back you WON'T make it into that safezone alive. Something has to be done about it most likely starting by removing the majority of the forest around berx... thats the only reason its gotten so bad before only a few people would camp and they had to be really far from the gates to have cover. Now you can be within 20 blocks of the safezone hiding behind a tree

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Gotta agree with the majority here. Borders would get camped like there's no tomorrow. It would be like the hour right before the reset and the berx gates were broken. People would hop in and out, pain and then rush back in. It's gonna get abused and abused fast.

Atleast the campers are farther from safezone, decreasing your chance of getting shot by a lot. But I see your point

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    the only way to fix this would be to build a wall around the outside safe area so people can't pop, and all that would really do is add on to the current safe zones. and can we please get vaults at all of the safe zones?

Hawk_Moon99

Okay so this suggestion is very simple, remove pvp near safe zones, and by near I mean any point you can use the command to enter safe zone.

The reason for this is that safe zones are supposed to be safe. Yet, if you try to leave you will most likely be shot by safezone campers.

It would also stop the glitch killing issues from safezone, and overall just make things easier on people who want to go to a safezone.

I realize this idea has some flaws, but I have come up with solutions for said flaws.
    For example: You might say someone could run in safezone to avoid getting killed.

My solution: Make it so you are not safe from pvp in the safezone radius if you are combat tagged. If you are combat tagged, you may only dmg the person that you are combat tagged with.

Let me know if you think of any flaws and I will try to come up with a solution.

Also this is just a suggestion and I am open to all criticism bad or good, and I encourage you to leave some!
    FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!!! Well said man, I truly agree. I hate those ranked people who chill and wait to snipe, then they start showing everyone their KD ratios and showing off their ELO. Its very annoying!!! Its not our fault that they are all whuss and don't have the guts to go far from a safezone to get kills, its honestly ridiculous! This would make safezones like you said, REAL SAFEZONES.

Hawk_Moon99

FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!!! Well said man, I truly agree. I hate those ranked people who chill and wait to snipe, then they start showing everyone their KD ratios and showing off their ELO. Its very annoying!!! Its not our fault that they are all whuss and don't have the guts to go far from a safezone to get kills, its honestly ridiculous! This would make safezones like you said, REAL SAFEZONES.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    (is ranked player who doesn't kill for k/d or Elo, and only camps safe zones if teams are about to leave and hire me as guard) well ok I see how you feel about me... ;-:

DeathlyDiamond

I see where you going here but it doesn't really make sense...i have never killed near a safe zone...the only reason why is because i don't take the direct entrance i go for instance behind Berkeley and do /sz enter which takes me into the safe zone. in other case people who are coming out can just take the back entrance...all four sides have an escape ladder
    i get your idea but it just doesn't make sense.
    -your good pal Diamond (who is very Deathly)

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    guys just sneak within the /sz e radius and do it. it's easy at berx because you can just hide behind a tree and enter

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_

If there was a no-pvp zone around the sz, then berx would be camped even HARDER cause people would be leaving the sz closer to the treeline, which is camper territorry

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    If there was a no-pvp zone around the sz, then berx would be camped even HARDER cause people would be leaving the sz closer to the treeline, which is camper territorry
    not camper, sniper. camper territory is in/behind busses.