• IP Copied!
  • Evaluation The Mining Dead (Please read)

Vote if you started playing before or after the update begin 2017

• Total voters

MilkTeaser

Titan
    MilkTeaser
    MilkTeaser MilkTeaser
    Dear friends of the mining dead,

Some might remember me, but probably they have quit the game. But probably most do not.

I've been playing the mining dead for 2 years and it used to be my favorite activity of the day. I used to be one of the more active players out there, coming back day after day, week after week, month after month..

I've been watching the server since the "big" update, but I quitted playing since then. I really saw a big revolution going. But it was not meant positive by mine opinion.

The first thing I noticed was that there was alot of protest against the update. The staff tried to keep those people as quiet as possible on forums and were seen as a black sheep on the server.

The staff chose to support new players en attract new players above the loyal that used to love the server day after day, week after week, month after month.. for some year after year..

If you had 100 players playing every single day before 2017 (right before the update) not even 1% still plays.
    I used to be in a very active community of 30 people. Now these days there are only 2 of them left (NightMaresPvP and _Teuns).

I find it very arrogant of the server/ staff to build something, to build a loved community and trow it ALL away becouse some of the higher staff think the server should be more realistic and all about survival.

There have been made many cracks in the heart of the faithfull members, that probably can't be fixed anymore.

~I used to have another love before The Mining Dead. I joined that community at it's highest peak (About 300 people coming back every evening) and decided to give all my heart for it. I joined the staff to show my respect to the server and to keep it clean and running. I played on that server for 2 years and I always saw the players as real friends. And so they were, those 2 years were the most fun of my life, we all messed around and laughed so much, those GOOD memories are burned in my mind.

Suddently the higher staff started to turn against their people and became very intollerant and players started to quit one by one. After they got banned for the most stupid reasons. The server died not long after.

Now there is a community left of about 30 people that used to give all their heart for it, and sometimes we do something together again at some event which a person organized.

NOW I'm speaking for all the people who have quit during the past months, we really feel the staff turned their backs to us. And I hope they will finally understand they have destroyed.
    Many people can't get used to big changes,
    especially when the thing they had before was perfect and loved by them.

Real life isn't all about getting it big and beautyful to attract new people, it's about caring for your
    loyal customers who will work and will put effort the keep the server running. Your loyal customers are your biggest advertisement.

I hope the staff will take the time to understand our feelings and will think about the future. Becouse I care about the community we had.

1191pfq.png

3011v8x.png

1191pfq.png
    [/IMG]

Pulverize

I actually quit due to a stupid reason thats right this four m is so true i miss the old days i don't find any ogs on this server anymore all i see is exo XD and sometimes bacon kat

Mr_Rebelz_59

Titan
    Rebdogg
    Rebdogg Rebdogg
    The first thing I noticed was that there was alot of protest against the update. The staff tried to keep those people as quiet as possible on forums and were seen as a black sheep on the server.
    About this situation, i noticed that the people who where "protesting" weren't doing it in a mature and/or polite manner, instead most of these said individuals where mocking and insulting staff members for simply share the information with them.

The staff chose to support new players en attract new players above the loyal that used to love the server day after day, week after week, month after month.. for some year after year..
    The staff can not favorite players, they may have friend in the community but they cant just show more attention towards players because they have been playing longer, this will drive new players away, players the community needs just as much as long time players.

NOW I'm speaking for all the people who have quit during the past months, we really feel the staff turned their backs to us. And I hope they will finally understand they have destroyed.

Real life isn't all about getting it big and beautyful to attract new people, it's about caring for your
    loyal customers who will work and will put effort the keep the server running. Your loyal customers are your biggest advertisement.
    Many if not most of the staff have apologized in some way about this situation that kicked off just after the update, they explained themselves and publicly apologized, if players still quit after the reset and all this then it was their choice, you cant blame other people for some-one else decisions.

I would just like to add that before the update Havoc, as you will know, had around 300-500 people during the peak, this player base was really good and a good mix between new players and old players. Just last weekend Havoc hit a big 1000+ players, you should see this as a bonus for Havoc. Something along the lines must have worked to attached this number of players.

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    I miss the old days too ;( and I've been playing since 1.7, it's no wheres near as fun as it use to be.

Last edited:

Diligen

Titan
    HooverVC
    HooverVC HooverVC
    My time on the server was short due to my ban, though it was and always will be my favorite server.
    I've been here for 2 years aswell, though I was banned for about a year. That might be why I've never seen you around before :p

Cactiee

Titan
    Cactiee
    Cactiee Cactiee
    Dear friends of the mining dead,

Some might remember me, but probably they have quit the game. But probably most do not.

I've been playing the mining dead for 2 years and it used to be my favorite activity of the day. I used to be one of the more active players out there, coming back day after day, week after week, month after month..

I've been watching the server since the "big" update, but I quitted playing since then. I really saw a big revolution going. But it was not meant positive by mine opinion.

If you had 100 players playing every single day before 2017 (right before the update) not even 1% still plays.
    I used to be in a very active community of 30 people. Now these days there are only 2 of them left (NightMaresPvP and _Teuns).

I find it very arrogant of the server/ staff to build something, to build a loved community and trow it ALL away becouse some of the higher staff think the server should be more realistic and all about survival.

There have been made many cracks in the heart of the faithfull members, that probably can't be fixed anymore.

~I used to have another love before The Mining Dead. I joined that community at it's highest peak (About 300 people coming back every evening) and decided to give all my heart for it. I joined the staff to show my respect to the server and to keep it clean and running. I played on that server for 2 years and I always saw the players as real friends. And so they were, those 2 years were the most fun of my life, we all messed around and laughed so much, those GOOD memories are burned in my mind.

Suddently the higher staff started to turn against their people and became very intollerant and players started to quit one by one. After they got banned for the most stupid reasons. The server died not long after.

Now there is a community left of about 30 people that used to give all their heart for it, and sometimes we do something together again at some event which a person organized.

I hope the staff will take the time to understand our feelings and will think about the future. Becouse I care about the community we had.

1191pfq.png

3011v8x.png

1191pfq.png
    [/IMG]
    U speak everything that i wanted to say this post is sooo true

hybu

Mythical
    hybu
    hybu hybu
    Milky I support u I've been playing tmd for 2 years now and quit like 2 times and came back to see a ruined heaven

MilkTeaser

Titan
    MilkTeaser
    MilkTeaser MilkTeaser
    Thanks for the support! The server might have more players now (on some days). But "more" is not actually too. Now during the week there are barely 30 players on tmd-1 (around 2pm GMT), there used to be already 50-60 that time.

The player amount used to be more constant due of the very active, loyal players.

I've seen high peaks too with 150 players on hellnight, a full tmd1 & 2 of 100 players and tmd 3 and 4 also filled about 80%. Then i'm not speaking about tmd5,6,7 who where not empty either.

The server almost created a total new game with their update.

I hope there is a server coming in the future with the old map and features, I think it might be popular too.

Phenixtri

Phenixtri
    Phenixtri Phenixtri
    the only thing that killed it for me was the pay to win BS that plagued this game "jug waves of death as I called it" in its early days and later on the new & IMHO unfinished map was the worst part. to me the old map was dam near perfect from a game play perspective all it really needed was a general architectural overhaul for existing locations along with some new ones from the series now that would have been perfect.

But again instead of building upon what was already a dam good map / formula we got an unfinished product that is more akin to that of a build demo. Now dont get me wrong the new architecture style is brilliant but its still just too empty to be practical in any real way atm which forces me to wait until the game is patched / updated to a playable state which in my book means a far more detailed map and solid gameplay free of bugs and exploits.

The invisible hacker problem ive mentioned in another post of mine also massively kills this game for me

Knightas

Legend
    Knightas
    Knightas Knightas
    the only thing that killed it for me was the pay to win BS that plagued this game "jug waves of death as I called it" in its early days and later on the new & IMHO unfinished map was the worst part. to me the old map was dam near perfect from a game play perspective all it really needed was a general architectural overhaul for existing locations along with some new ones from the series now that would have been perfect.

But again instead of building upon what was already a dam good map / formula we got an unfinished product that is more akin to that of a build demo. Now dont get me wrong the new architecture style is brilliant but its still just too empty to be practical in any real way atm which forces me to wait until the game is patched / updated to a playable state which in my book means a far more detailed map and solid gameplay free of bugs and exploits.

The invisible hacker problem ive mentioned in another post of mine also massively kills this game for me
    I don't think this game is a pay to win everything is pretty fair spread out.

Phenixtri

Phenixtri
    Phenixtri Phenixtri
    I don't think this game is a pay to win everything is pretty fair spread out.

nah trust me back before they purged the server of most of the jug armor floating around the game was hardcore P2W in that any player who paid got retardedly easy access to """"multiple""""" sets of jug armor giving them a massive PVP advantage especially when almost all of them also rocked multiple 64 stacks of Pain meds that they used to be able to spam to insta regen their health making them dam near impossible for the average survivor to fight off "run away from" let alone actually kill the *******s.

Oh and if that wasn't bad enough these P2W players also loved using all the best guns all the time like the Barret .50 cal and SPAS-12 with a seemingly never ending supply of them. Hell these *******s were also the ones that camped almost every safe zone in the old map often marking the random SZ exit teleports with barbed-wire to trap and then easily pick off anyone unlucky enough to get caught in said wire traps.

That and that alone is what butchered gameplay on the old and other wise dam near perfect map.

Knightas

Legend
    Knightas
    Knightas Knightas
    nah trust me back before they purged the server of most of the jug armor floating around the game was hardcore P2W in that any player who paid got retardedly easy access to """"multiple""""" sets of jug armor giving them a massive PVP advantage especially when almost all of them also rocked multiple 64 stacks of Pain meds that they used to be able to spam to insta regen their health making them dam near impossible for the average survivor to fight off "run away from" let alone actually kill the *******s.

Oh and if that wasn't bad enough these P2W players also loved using all the best guns all the time like the Barret .50 cal and SPAS-12 with a seemingly never ending supply of them. Hell these *******s were also the ones that camped almost every safe zone in the old map often marking the random SZ exit teleports with barbed-wire to trap and then easily pick off anyone unlucky enough to get caught in said wire traps.

That and that alone is what butchered gameplay on the old and other wise dam near perfect map.
    But the jugg kit for Titan ranked player has a day cool down and so does the other kit includes legends, and if I recall juggs can only be obtained in crates and kits.

Also the current map is 4x better then the old one, the old one was to small lack of cover and free kills.

Phenixtri

Phenixtri
    Phenixtri Phenixtri
    regardless of who had access to the jug kits the ones abusing the **** outa it found a way to farm the dam things to the point that even by some miracle you did manage to kill a jug as a regular survivor like i did once and even they they would respawn and abuse the teleport system often coming back with in literal minutes of being killed to revenge kill the regular pleb player usually with a group of jug player backing them up again like what happened to me.

the only problems with the old map was that it was incredible easy to camp safe zones and other locations like hartsfield and CDC making them literal no go zones for regular players as there was "always" multiple jug snipers with barrets just waiting to pick you off.

as for the new map having more cover what a load of bull****. .... dont get me wrong the old map also had its issues with huge empty plains but this new map takes it to the extreme with a majority of the playable built up areas being incredible far from each other and the SZs as well which means that 90% of the time while on the move with out a vehicle your *** is grass when any sniper spots you. The ability to see player names through walls as well kinda makes this a pain in the *** to deal with from a PVP standpoint as it gives any defenders a pretty significant advantage especially when they just crouch and wait for you rendering them invisible to you until its far too late.

The concentration of urban areas into small seemingly isolated pockets of the map also makes these locations incredibly easy to camp tho luckily again the majority of the P2W crap has been removed and as such greatly mitigates this issue when compared to the pre updated versions of the mod.

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    I've been playing for 3 years and building for almost 2. I was apart of that small community of 30-50 players back then. I know what it was like. We didn't intend to throw away that community. We just became really succesful and our number grew immensley. And it's impossible to maintain that "small, close-knit community" feel with 800 players who all want and expect different things. Back in the old days everyone was on our side with changes and updates. Now everytime we announce something new the entire community is split in half. It's not our "arrogant decisions" it's the consequences of having a large community: not everyone agrees with what we do. It's like living in a rural town in the country compared to a large city. The people are much different. In case you have forgotten, we are near completion on our 2nd NEW map because we realized our mistakes with the old ones. This one gives a VERY classic TMD feel. I'm gonna do a youtube video talking about the update later tonight. Youtube/miningdead_vc I suggest some of you watch it as it appeals to everyone. You'll see, we're bringing TMD back you just wait.

SomeDumbCat

TBH the map is part of it but not the big picture most people dont care about running to a war thats to far if fighting isnt fun anyway and everything is easy to tank honestly the server needs a reboot and ive been playing since the original map and feel as if you have decided to leave behind the old players.