• IP Copied!
  • Freeze Command For JrMod+

pumpkinvhye

Mythical
    pumpkinvhye
    pumpkinvhye pumpkinvhye
    As far as I know the higher-ranking staff ( Jr.Mod, Sr.Mod, Admin, Co/Owner) have access to the /staff command. For example, this gives them the ability to: go into "vanish-mode" and the ability to fly, along with other types of player supervision.

This command is very helpful to catch players with an unfair advantage on the servers but, sometimes a staff member isn't always on when there is a "hacker" online, and sometimes they are too late to see anything suspicious but, this is not the only issue. Most of the time staff are available to screen-share someone who has been suspected by multiple players, and/ or has been reported to a member of the staff team, and this player is given a period of time before being asked to join their "Call" or TeamSpeak channel. There is a high chance that the player will have time to delete or rename any files that may look suspicious. This is an ongoing issue, and has been expressed by many members of the HavocMC community.

I have an idea that may fix this issue completely, as it has been implemented on many other servers. This would be adding "Freeze" to the /staff command mode. This gives staff the ability to freeze any player that may have been reported or requested by other players to screen-share, immediately. Taking away any access of that player to there minecraft. Although, a new rule may have to be implemented with the freeze command, this would be a punishment for those who logout while they have been frozen.

One example of a server I've seen this on is the Faithful Factions Server, the only issue for that server is; when you are frozen, a large link pops up and reads "Join TS, Do Not Logout", something like that, with a link to their staff teamspeak channel. This exact ultimatum may be a problem for some players (me included), this is because, for me, my laptop doesn't have sound or a working microphone, while others may not be able to download it at all.
    There may need to be some adjustments made to suit the liking of the HavocMC staff team but, I think the overall idea would be a great addition to keeping the server free of toxicity.

Thank You for taking the time to read my post :)
    -MCAphrodite

Last edited:

xdeclanlee

Agree 100% as most ghost clients require you to disable it in your minecraft settings.

One downfall to this though would be that the player would not be able to tell them if they're downloading TEAMSPEAK or something
    Maybe when frozen have an item that they can press to alert staff they are complying with their rules?

pumpkinvhye

Mythical
    pumpkinvhye
    pumpkinvhye pumpkinvhye
    Agree 100% as most ghost clients require you to disable it in your minecraft settings.

One downfall to this though would be that the player would not be able to tell them if they're downloading TEAMSPEAK or something
    Maybe when frozen have an item that they can press to alert staff they are complying with their rules?

I agree. That's why i stated the teamspeak ultimatum may not be available for all players, including me. The staff team can make any adjustments that best suits them and the players :)

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    good idea, but they'd have to make sure the player cannot be killed during freeze or when they are un-freezed they are tp'd somewhere else. (camper prevention)

also, what if the player doesn't have TS or discord? im an immortal (or titan as the new guys call it these days) and i don't use TS or discord. i prefer good ole fashion chat and /msg, which requires a skill of its own; fast typing. but of course if i'm playing with a friend i might use face time.

pumpkinvhye

Mythical
    pumpkinvhye
    pumpkinvhye pumpkinvhye
    good idea, but they'd have to make sure the player cannot be killed during freeze or when they are un-freezed they are tp'd somewhere else. (camper prevention)

also, what if the player doesn't have TS or discord? im an immortal (or titan as the new guys call it these days) and i don't use TS or discord. i prefer good ole fashion chat and /msg, which requires a skill of its own; fast typing. but of course if i'm playing with a friend i might use face time.

Most, if not all member of HavocMC have their own or have access to Skype. This would be the best form of screensharing, so I would suggest the staff make a separate Skype account for the HavocMC server, this would be for staff members who are uncomfortable with giving out their personal Skype.
    Another option being, having the assistance of downloading TS or discord if you are able to run it. With that said, I agree with when the player is frozen, they are unable to be hit by any entity.

3sw

Titan
    3sw
    3sw 3sw
    As far as I know the higher-ranking staff ( Jr.Mod, Sr.Mod, Admin, Co/Owner) have access to the /staff command. For example, this gives them the ability to: go into "vanish-mode" and the ability to fly, along with other types of player supervision.

This command is very helpful to catch players with an unfair advantage on the servers but, sometimes a staff member isn't always on when there is a "hacker" online, and sometimes they are too late to see anything suspicious but, this is not the only issue. Most of the time staff are available to screen-share someone who has been suspected by multiple players, and/ or has been reported to a member of the staff team, and this player is given a period of time before being asked to join their "Call" or TeamSpeak channel. There is a high chance that the player will have time to delete or rename any files that may look suspicious. This is an ongoing issue, and has been expressed by many members of the HavocMC community.

I have an idea that may fix this issue completely, as it has been implemented on many other servers. This would be adding "Freeze" to the /staff command mode. This gives staff the ability to freeze any player that may have been reported or requested by other players to screen-share, immediately. Taking away any access of that player to there minecraft. Although, a new rule may have to be implemented with the freeze command, this would be a punishment for those who logout while they have been frozen.

One example of a server I've seen this on is the Faithful Factions Server, the only issue for that server is; when you are frozen, a large link pops up and reads "Join TS, Do Not Logout", something like that, with a link to their staff teamspeak channel. This exact ultimatum may be a problem for some players (me included), this is because, for me, my laptop doesn't have sound or a working microphone, while others may not be able to download it at all.
    There may need to be some adjustments made to suit the liking of the HavocMC staff team but, I think the overall idea would be a great addition to keeping the server free of toxicity.

Thank You for taking the time to read my post :)
    -MCAphrodite
    I mean, it's kind of unnecessary since there is no issues with players screensharing. It's either a screenshare or not, and if someone logs out you simply ban them. I don't think there's so much need to make the process over-complicated....

GodOfThorns

Mythical
    GodOfThorns
    GodOfThorns GodOfThorns
    Player mostly comply when asked to screen-share, we do run into occasional hiccups. Definitely something to think about adding, but not a priority. We have the update to focus on for now. Thanks for your suggestion! :D

pumpkinvhye

Mythical
    pumpkinvhye
    pumpkinvhye pumpkinvhye
    I mean, it's kind of unnecessary since there is no issues with players screensharing. It's either a screenshare or not, and if someone logs out you simply ban them. I don't think there's so much need to make the process over-complicated....

The issues with screen-sharing are very clearly stated in my post. Also, this is an idea/ suggestion, hence why there is a category on the forums for such posts :)

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    /freeze would be perfect, i've seen mods try to screenshare players and take over 10-15minutes just to get their skype etc... that's way too long. When the staff would /freeze the player it will also pop up the teamspeak IP and they will have 3-5 minutes to join, if not they will be banned for refusal to ss. Every other server has this and idk why this one shouldn't.

pumpkinvhye

Mythical
    pumpkinvhye
    pumpkinvhye pumpkinvhye
    /freeze would be perfect, i've seen mods try to screenshare players and take over 10-15minutes just to get their skype etc... that's way too long. When the staff would /freeze the player it will also pop up the teamspeak IP and they will have 3-5 minutes to join, if not they will be banned for refusal to ss. Every other server has this and idk why this one shouldn't.

100% agree !! :)

xdeclanlee

Maybe when people join HavocMC make it clear that you NEED to have access to Skype, or teamspeak in the event of being screenshared. That way people can't necessarily chat complete bull when they are about to be screenshared.
    Also, if they have a problem getting these two programs, they would have to create a support ticket regarding the issue. :)

3sw

Titan
    3sw
    3sw 3sw
    The issues with screen-sharing are very clearly stated in my post. Also, this is an idea/ suggestion, hence why there is a category on the forums for such posts :)
    All the issues can be solved with simple solutions which don't involve implementing another plugin, no offense but I believe this is a a complete waste of developers time.

pumpkinvhye

Mythical
    pumpkinvhye
    pumpkinvhye pumpkinvhye
    All the issues can be solved with simple solutions which don't involve implementing another plugin, no offense but I believe this is a a complete waste of developers time.

No offence to you but,
    your comments are the only thing that are a waste of time right now, unless you have anything positive or beneficial to add.

This is a suggestion, if it's a waste of Havoc's time, then they won't take the 'time' to implement it.
    If all these issues were able to be solved so easily, they would already be.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    Maybe when people join HavocMC make it clear that you NEED to have access to Skype, or teamspeak in the event of being screenshared. That way people can't necessarily chat complete bull when they are about to be screenshared.
    Also, if they have a problem getting these two programs, they would have to create a support ticket regarding the issue. :)

I understand this, however being a player on other servers as well as being a staff, it would be annoying to have to install an application just to connect to a Minecraft server when I'm never going to hack, and I wouldn't want to play on a server that does that, with all due respect. People shouldn't be given multiple rules that either stresses or upsets players because they just want to relax and have fun.

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    Players should auto be frozen when their cps is too high or when they are hitting things that are not in front of them via kill aura. @Nick discussed doing this in the next update

pumpkinvhye

Mythical
    pumpkinvhye
    pumpkinvhye pumpkinvhye
    Players should auto be frozen when their cps is too high or when they are hitting things that are not in front of them via kill aura. @Nick discussed doing this in the next update

That's a fine idea. Although, if there is no staff online the player must wait, staying frozen until staff are available. This suggestion doesn't need to be over-thought, many servers have it implemented.