• IP Copied!
  • Frequently Mentioned Complaints and Suggestions

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    UnknownMelody UnknownMelody
    Hello!

One of the jobs a moderator must do if watch chat - so it makes sense that we see a lot of complaints. I'm going to list a few of the ones that I see a lot and hopefully compiling them like this will be helpful. Before I start, I would like you to note that these are simply opinions. No opinion is right or wrong, it just depends on your point of view. I would also like to state that these are not even my opinions! These are from you guys. I encourage you all to reply to this thread with your opinions. After all, how else will the Owners, Developers and Staff know what you guys think and want for the server.

Bikes & Cars
    This is the most frequent complaint I see when I'm moderating! For some reason, the bikes and cars are indestructible. This makes it very frustrating to PvP another player when they are on a bike. Some people say that bike PvP is like fighting someone with speed hacks. Also, the server strives for realism. Having indestructible cars isn't too realistic, so this would be a nice fix. Another two options I've seen mentioned is to lower the spawn rate of cars and bikes, or to limit them to non-PvP servers.

If the above is not an option, some people would like to see bike PvP become punishable. In my opinion, this would be an easy fix but it will be hard for staff to watch this all the time. There is no possible way for staff to watch every single person on the server and ensure that no one PvPs while on a bike. This would mean players would become angry at the staff team for not being there to see the problem. If we don't see the offence, we cannot punish the offenders. If this does become a rule, please consider having a recording software up and ready to go incase you find someone breaking the rules. If you record someone doing this, please report it here.

Walker Spawn Rate
    We've all seen it. One day you'll be walking through Atlanta as usual, getting sniped from every possible angle when you turn a corner and stop in your tracks. It appears as though that small area between CDC and pool can hold a lot more walkers than it should! Yeah, I guess it is realistic to have more walkers in Atlanta but sometimes it's just ridiculous. The amount of build up that happens around certain areas of the map is astonishing. In my opinion, I believe that the zombie spawn rate just needs to be adjusted in certain areas. Personally, I've only noticed two places that need adjusting and they are between CDC and pool, and in front of the Savior's Compound. If you've noticed any other places, please mention them below.

Shop Cooldown
    The only issue I have with the shop cooldown is the annoying noise it makes while is easily fixed by turning down your volume, but some players have an issue with the whole idea. Even though the cooldown has always been there (as far as I can remember), some players are really frustrated by it and would like it to be removed entirely. I'm don't think that removing it will be a good idea as it will affect the economy a little bit because people will be buying more. What's your opinion on it?

Anti-cheat
    I see a lot of complaints about hackers and players are constantly mentioning how the server should install an anti-cheat. I would like everyone to know that we do have an anti-cheat installed, but hackers are always going to be around. All we can do is decrease the amount of hackers on the server. I remember when the server upgraded to 1.9 and _Nickk released his own anti-cheat. It worked wonderfully! I was a Jr. Mod at the time and I noticed a dramatic drop in the amount of hackers on the server. It was amazing. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I'm guessing that the anti-cheat wasn't compatible with 1.10 and as it already took a long time to develop and code, the owners wanted to spend time developing other game modes and features instead. I think that is completely reasonable, but it unfortunately caused a dramatic increase in hackers as well. The only real suggestion I've seen is to find a random (but good) anti-cheat and use it instead. Maybe when updates on the server slow down a bit, _Nickk or someone else could develop another anti-cheat?

Guns
    I have noticed a few players complaining about the Spas 12 and how they believe it is too OP. A suggestion I hear often is to simply decrease the amount of damage each pellet does. Another complaint I hear is about how when you buy a sniper rifle, they are already scoped. There are three options I can think of. The first option is to implement a feature where you are able to choose whether or not you prefer scoped or unscoped sniper rifles. Your choice will affect whether or not your sniper will have a scope on it when it is bought. Another option is to go back to the way it was before where you automatically buy an unscoped sniper rifle and if you wish to scope it, you can buy one and craft it onto your gun. The last option is to have a detachable scope option. If something is done about the scope issue, it should also be applied to Golden Barretts because some players would prefer them unscoped too.

Votes
    The voting links are broken once again. This is frustrating for some players and they would like a fix as soon as possible. I haven't seen any suggestions for that and I can't think of any myself, but there is most likely already a fix on the way! Just be patient and we'll see what happens.

Staff
    Some people have noticed an increase in the amount of Helpers we have. There are no complaints about that in particular - but I've seen complaints about how this is not the fix they were hoping for. Players are looking for more high ranking staff members that can help with the increasing amount of hackers. Helpers don't have the authority to deal with hackers, and that is the main reason that players wanted more staff. Some players suggest promoting some of the better Helpers so that they can deal with hackers. This is a much more complicated suggestion because the recruitment team has to be 100% sure about someone before they promote them. My suggestion? @Katitude and @CrazyDutchBoy would look pretty good with pink names. c;

On the same subject, I see a lot of players complaining about how they never see high ranking staff online. This isn't a complaint or suggestion. I just want to clear up why this is. Jr. Mods+ have the availability to go into another gamemode called 'Admin mode' where they can fly and use vanish. They have access to this mode so it is easier to catch hackers. That is a good thing, right? Well, while they are in this mode you can't see that they are online. Players take this as a reason to believe they are not online at all, when they are actually doing exactly what you want them to do. Please don't hold this against them as they are only doing their jobs. Be grateful that they are there to be your silent protectors.

That sums almost everything up. I hope this is helpful. If you want to post your opinion below, please do so. Just remember to be respectful of everyone else's opinions. Thank you! c:

The_HX_Gamer

The_HX_Gamer
    The_HX_Gamer The_HX_Gamer
    You have to be a helper for a good amount of time in order to become a Jr. Mod. They need to trust you a lot to be able to promote you to a Jr. Mod, just to make sure the Jr. Mod doesn't go berserk on the server or anything.

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    UnknownMelody UnknownMelody
    You have to be a helper for a good amount of time in order to become a Jr. Mod. They need to trust you a lot to be able to promote you to a Jr. Mod, just to make sure the Jr. Mod doesn't go berserk on the server or anything.
    Yes, I realise that. It makes sense and I know that they need to be sure that you won't do anything stupid before they promote you. That's why I said that the recruitment team has to be 100% sure about a person before they promote them.

I agree with most of these. Random question. Melody are you back on the staff team?
    I am indeed. c: I just don't have my rank on the forums yet.