• IP Copied!
  • Future of Hell Night / PUBG

What do you want this gamemode to be like?

• A PUBG Replica

Votes: 7 10.9%
    • Old Hell Night

Votes: 57 89.1%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    We have noticed a lot of complaints about Hell Night/PUBG, saying it's ruined or that it sucks. We will be making changes to it according to what the players want.

Please answer in the poll above if you would like this gamemode to be like a PUBG replica or like old Hell Night. You may also give suggestions on how to improve the gamemode (any spam or hate comments will be deleted).

We will adding another server and alerts to notify players when a new game is starting shortly.

Tactical_Fox48
    Tactical_Fox48 Tactical_Fox48
    Sounds...interesting.

I haven't been on the server in sooo long, mainly because Hell Night was down for a while and I was very busy with camp over the summer. Now that both of these situations are different, I'll be getting on shortly to test out this new "PUBG" take on Hell Night, and see how it plays out. I'll put my two cents in when I'm done. ;)

Tactical_Fox48
    Tactical_Fox48 Tactical_Fox48
    Sounds...interesting.

I haven't been on the server in sooo long, mainly because Hell Night was down for a while and I was very busy with camp over the summer. Now that both of these situations are different, I'll be getting on shortly to test out this new "PUBG" take on Hell Night, and see how it plays out. I'll put my two cents in when I'm done. ;)
    Well, I believe that the original HN was better than the new style.

First off, I feel like the spawns are too close to each other. In the original Hell Night (for those of you who don't know), you spawned in with a parachute and you landed in a HUGE map, and I mean a map so large it occasionally took minutes to walk/run to another location with loot. Sometimes you would encounter an opponent within the first few minutes, but most of the time you didn't meet until after you searched the immediate vicinity for items such as food, armor, and weapons and the player tracker was enabled. With the new version of the game mode, you spawn directly on the ground with the ability to track other players right off the bat, resulting in a skirmish where players with kits would likely triumph at the start, leaving those without kits no hope of being able to get ahead and stay alive.

This leads to the next part of the game being extremely short. In comparison to the original Hell Night, some games may have lasted anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. In my recent experiences, the new HN lasts maybe 10 minutes, and that's if only the players with kits got into intense standoffs with other kit users in the beginning. I feel having a larger map would result in longer matches, with teams being able to actually act like teams and plan their courses of action to hit specific areas with the best loot, instead of just going after the nearest player to gun down.

As with team size, I believe having the original four person team would be better as to having even more intense battles, but of course this would vary on how many players are actually in the game at a time.

Anyway, this is just my opinion on the new Hell Night after two matches, so as I play more often, I'll update my thoughts on this page. Thank you for taking the time to read over my rant, and if you have any counter-arguments, I'd be open to hearing them in a polite manner. :)

Last edited:

hiendiep55

hiendiep55
    hiendiep55 hiendiep55
    Can you added a old hell night map so the game can be better

and the new compass can be worse because i don't know what to do with it and finally the invite sent didn't show us a team name before match

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    I'd like to see the oldest looting system return. The one where you could see items on the ground, and go to pick them up.
    That would be cool but it lags the server with all the entities it's loading (one item on the ground is two entities, the item and the invisible armour stand it sits on).

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    The old looting system won't come back, as it takes a while to add loot spawns, and they produce lag. I can set up the team size and the map size. That will take a little while, but it will be done. I may try to add back in parachuting, but people used to get kicked from parachuting, so that's why it was removed originally.

SomeDumbCat

The old looting system won't come back, as it takes a while to add loot spawns, and they produce lag. I can set up the team size and the map size. That will take a little while, but it will be done. I may try to add back in parachuting, but people used to get kicked from parachuting, so that's why it was removed originally.
    What happened to all the developers? Why are you doing all of this yourself?

Diligen

Titan
    HooverVC
    HooverVC HooverVC
    I have PUBG. If I want to play some PUBG, I'LL PLAY SOME PUBG. STOP TRYING TO MAKE A PUBG COPY ON A WALKING DEAD SERVER. IT WONT WORK. OLD HN PLS TY

ATK_AlphaPVP

Mythical
    ATK_AlphaPVP
    ATK_AlphaPVP ATK_AlphaPVP
    We have noticed a lot of complaints about Hell Night/PUBG, saying it's ruined or that it sucks. We will be making changes to it according to what the players want.

Please answer in the poll above if you would like this gamemode to be like a PUBG replica or like old Hell Night. You may also give suggestions on how to improve the gamemode (any spam or hate comments will be deleted).

We will adding another server and alerts to notify players when a new game is starting shortly.

"We will be making changes to it according to what the players want. "
    Ok , imagine something ok ? you are playing battlefield monday , you have fun with this game , you love this game (because of the gameplay ..) then tuesday , the game complaitely changed and now he is called "call of duty" , the gameplay is not the same anymore , you don't like this new game and you can't play anymore battlefield , because he is dead
    Do you understand what i'm talking now ?
    Now explain to me , how can we give suggestion to get back our old hellnight it's just not the same game , you have to change all of this new game
    you want suggestion ? we just want the old hellnight (before this new update)

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    fix kits, everyone has sasha 3 and it's just kinda stupid how everyone spawns with m14s and 2 shots anyone, even I do this and I win a lot by using the kit but I think we should have to put more time towards a kit and not just like 10k skulls in total, honestly I think you should kinda make it a bit like Blitz SG on hypixel is but it's all up to you guys

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    Hell Night is being reverted back to its old format. It won't be exactly the same (most likely no parachuting and bags for gear instead of loot on the ground), but this is because parachuting would cause false anti-cheats flags on players and kick them and the loot system was fairly server intensive with the amount of entities it used. The old format will be back but this changes are just to reduce lag and improve optimization, it shouldn't affect the core gameplay you all like.

SomeDumbCat

"We will be making changes to it according to what the players want. "
    Ok , imagine something ok ? you are playing battlefield monday , you have fun with this game , you love this game (because of the gameplay ..) then tuesday , the game complaitely changed and now he is called "call of duty" , the gameplay is not the same anymore , you don't like this new game and you can't play anymore battlefield , because he is dead
    Do you understand what i'm talking now ?
    Now explain to me , how can we give suggestion to get back our old hellnight it's just not the same game , you have to change all of this new game
    you want suggestion ? we just want the old hellnight (before this new update)
    I agree with most of what you said that's also part of why fewer people play TMD now.

Snoweeey_

Hi everyone,

This is what I would like in Hell Night :
    -The Insane AND Normal modes
    -Fix the kits like Sasha because everyone gets 2 shotted and it costs a lot to upgrade
    -Make the spawns so you can choose where you wan't to spawn

And please, please please please please ask the players when you have doubts about something, because I don't see a lot of admins playing TMD or HN (Except Beastyhardy and few helpers), so ask the players because they are the ones that know what needs to be fixed and things that are good.

Thanks

Qizu

Mythical
    Qizu
    Qizu Qizu
    I'd like to see the oldest looting system return. The one where you could see items on the ground, and go to pick them up.
    I love this idea and I think would be better since we arent having to look around in bags everywhere.

Draw4

Draw4
    Draw4 Draw4
    I think update is decent, but maps are too small to have 50 players in 400x400 or what ever the radius is. Needs to be at least 800-1000 blocks in my opinion, people instantly get killed when game starts or add 1:00 grace period.

Also kits I think need to have a change if you want hellnight based of pubg I would recommend making kits more useful. I only see people using kit Sasha or michonna, because they pretty much instant kill players and nobody has gear so people die in 1 hit.

Bugs with hn, lag at start of round, leaves despawn rapidly.

proof of starting game lag, and players spawning to close

Last edited: