• IP Copied!
  • I'd Like Some Closure...

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    So, as a lot of you know, I used to basically worship the staff. Ok, maybe it wasn't worship, but I took their side a lot. But I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I have seriously taken into consideration the words of other players.
    I did some digging around, and found out that this server makes thousands of dollars a year.... It concerns me that even though they make so much, they still have to beg for money in constant sales, etc. Why is it that none of that money is being put to use SERVER wise. Like, I'm tired of hearing the same "Oh, it's just one guy coding" or "They're busy with life" excuses. I even had said that. Couldn't you just use that money to hire ANOTHER coder who has more free time? Honestly, that's a legitimate question. I can't pretend like this stuff isn't happening. Now that I'm beginning to see the evidence, I feel like the owners (since they're the ones who push updates, etc), don't care much about the direction this server is going in. TMD is the backbone of Havoc, yet throughout it's history, they can't fix the simplest of bugs. I understand nothing is perfect, but c'mon, the cars can't be that hard to fix. Also, I'd really like to know where that money is going, because it obviously isn't going to the server. Why can't the problems at hand be addressed before you start making plans for the future, huh? Let's use the Broken Window theory as an example. You fix the small problems first before working on the big stuff.
    Now, maybe that money was going towards the new banner wars gamemode, but still; why is it costing so much? Another thing, stop wasting time on pushing new gamemodes that probably will have just as many problems as the other existing ones. I believe the current gms needs to be revised before the server starts thinking about adding some new fancy-shmancy stuff. And, back to what was said earlier, allocate some of that money to hire new coders to speed these processes along. I don't think it's fair to _Nickk to have to code everything himself (mostly).
    The point I'm trying to make, is that I don't think the players are being given the same respect that the staff demands that they give them (if that was confusing: The owners don't treat the players like they want to be treated.... basically...). Empty promises and loooooong delays are slowly ruining this server. I want this place to succeed. I want to see this server flourish and see its Golden Age once again. I want to see the staff and owners being more involved with the players. I really believe in this server, but things like this make me feel otherwise.
    I'm still going to apply for Helper again, because I think I can make a difference, and I think it's worth it for me. I'm pretty sure a lot of the stuff I talked about is none of my business, but if you're a staff and would like to have a civilized discussion about this (I'd be 100% confidential, btw), please pm me.

Otherwise, that's it. Thank you if you read this far, sticker for you! *places sticker on your hand*

Thanks for reading my rant ;)
    -Cat

Jordan_Bailey

Mythical
    Jordan_Bailey
    Jordan_Bailey Jordan_Bailey
    I wish the server was still like how it was when I first started playing--back in like mid 2016. With Berx being next to Atlanta, and the server was blooming with players on TMD-1 and TMD-3 especially. Me and my friends had trouble just logging on TMD-3 at times cause of how many players were on, and now there's rarely even seventy people on TMD-3, and TMD-1 is rarely at ninety players, and the server itself doesn't even reach four hundred maximum players at any time. The most it's gotten is like three hundred fifty players, when usually it hangs around one hundred fifty to two hundred fifty players in the morning and evening in EST. I hope that one day the server will be like to how it was before.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    So, as a lot of you know, I used to basically worship the staff. Ok, maybe it wasn't worship, but I took their side a lot. But I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, and I have seriously taken into consideration the words of other players.
    I did some digging around, and found out that this server makes thousands of dollars a year.... It concerns me that even though they make so much, they still have to beg for money in constant sales, etc. Why is it that none of that money is being put to use SERVER wise. Like, I'm tired of hearing the same "Oh, it's just one guy coding" or "They're busy with life" excuses. I even had said that. Couldn't you just use that money to hire ANOTHER coder who has more free time? Honestly, that's a legitimate question. I can't pretend like this stuff isn't happening. Now that I'm beginning to see the evidence, I feel like the owners (since they're the ones who push updates, etc), don't care much about the direction this server is going in. TMD is the backbone of Havoc, yet throughout it's history, they can't fix the simplest of bugs. I understand nothing is perfect, but c'mon, the cars can't be that hard to fix. Also, I'd really like to know where that money is going, because it obviously isn't going to the server. Why can't the problems at hand be addressed before you start making plans for the future, huh? Let's use the Broken Window theory as an example. You fix the small problems first before working on the big stuff.
    Now, maybe that money was going towards the new banner wars gamemode, but still; why is it costing so much? Another thing, stop wasting time on pushing new gamemodes that probably will have just as many problems as the other existing ones. I believe the current gms needs to be revised before the server starts thinking about adding some new fancy-shmancy stuff. And, back to what was said earlier, allocate some of that money to hire new coders to speed these processes along. I don't think it's fair to _Nickk to have to code everything himself (mostly).
    The point I'm trying to make, is that I don't think the players are being given the same respect that the staff demands that they give them (if that was confusing: The owners don't treat the players like they want to be treated.... basically...). Empty promises and loooooong delays are slowly ruining this server. I want this place to succeed. I want to see this server flourish and see its Golden Age once again. I want to see the staff and owners being more involved with the players. I really believe in this server, but things like this make me feel otherwise.
    I'm still going to apply for Helper again, because I think I can make a difference, and I think it's worth it for me. I'm pretty sure a lot of the stuff I talked about is none of my business, but if you're a staff and would like to have a civilized discussion about this (I'd be 100% confidential, btw), please pm me.

Otherwise, that's it. Thank you if you read this far, sticker for you! *places sticker on your hand*

Thanks for reading my rant ;)
    -Cat
    Have you done it? Have you condemned the staff for their innumerable sins?
    holy wow, it seems someone besides me actually told the staff to get something done and not whine that they can't do it.

good game, well played.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I wish the server was still like how it was when I first started playing--back in like mid 2016. With Berx being next to Atlanta, and the server was blooming with players on TMD-1 and TMD-3 especially. Me and my friends had trouble just logging on TMD-3 at times cause of how many players were on, and now there's rarely even seventy people on TMD-3, and TMD-1 is rarely at ninety players, and the server itself doesn't even reach four hundred maximum players at any time. The most it's gotten is like three hundred fifty players, when usually it hangs around one hundred fifty to two hundred fifty players in the morning and evening in EST. I hope that one day the server will be like to how it was before.
    I quite agree

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Have you done it? Have you condemned the staff for their innumerable sins?
    holy wow, it seems someone besides me actually told the staff to get something done and not whine that they can't do it.

good game, well played.
    Whining gives the sense of stupidity and being dim. I'm pretty straight forward and to the point. Just speaking my mind..

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    yeah

whenever I made a point all I hear is "we staff can't do anything, we're helpless!!1!!1" but don't bother doing anything in respect to the playerbase
    In reality, the staff really are helpless. At this point, it's just the owners not caring (I really can't think of a better way to put it at this point :/ ). The staff are here to moderate the players, not set out updates and other gamemode related misc. It's basically the owners taking too long and avoiding need fixes. Like I said, it's an easy fix: just hire some more coders, modelers, etc if you can't do it all by yourself. You make enough money to do so, so I don't see why that can't be a possibility. Unless...... that money is being spent selfishly? That's how a lot of the community sees it. I would really like to know what our money is being spent on, it's honestly our right to know where our money is going.

Sorry I've been so hardheaded in the past. I guess I was bit caught up in being Helper. But we were both in the wrong, so don't blame it all on me ;)

-Cat

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    In reality, the staff really are helpless. At this point, it's just the owners not caring (I really can't think of a better way to put it at this point :/ ). The staff are here to moderate the players, not set out updates and other gamemode related misc. It's basically the owners taking too long and avoiding need fixes. Like I said, it's an easy fix: just hire some more coders, modelers, etc if you can't do it all by yourself. You make enough money to do so, so I don't see why that can't be a possibility. Unless...... that money is being spent selfishly? That's how a lot of the community sees it. I would really like to know what our money is being spent on, it's honestly our right to know where our money is going.

Sorry I've been so hardheaded in the past. I guess I was bit caught up in being Helper. But we were both in the wrong, so don't blame it all on me ;)

-Cat
    Maybe they don't necessary have all the permission in the world to do x or y, but there's no cohesion. No "would you guys want this?" no "were planning on doing this, then this, then THIS," and definitely no "were gonna release sometime around here".

There's also no events or things the staff do for players. When's the last drop party you've seen? Tournaments, anything? Even being compensated for waiting thirty years in hellnight would be fine by me, but in reality we both know that won't happen.

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    There's also no events or things the staff do for players. When's the last drop party you've seen? Tournaments, anything? Even being compensated for waiting thirty years in hellnight would be fine by me, but in reality we both know that won't happen.
    I've put in the request to do start doing staff-run events for the server a few times. Hopefully after Hell Night is out we can start running them.

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    YES THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I've put in the request to do start doing staff-run events for the server a few times. Hopefully after Hell Night is out we can start running them.
    Yay! My Public Relations Campaign was taken into consideration!!

Maybe they don't necessary have all the permission in the world to do x or y, but there's no cohesion. No "would you guys want this?" no "were planning on doing this, then this, then THIS," and definitely no "were gonna release sometime around here".

True, true. I agree. Even if the their permissions can only go so far, it would be nice to have more staff/player interaction. I actually do drop parties every time I get on tmd (I have infinite money), and I also drop jugg and gold weapons sometimes. But yeah, it would be nice if the social aspect of the server was improved, as well.