• IP Copied!
  • July Blogpost

CraftTheftAuto

Manager
    CraftTheftAuto
    CraftTheftAuto CraftTheftAuto
    test3.png
    Network Updates
    During last month, we've further fleshed out plans to re-organise our discord server. If everything goes as planned, you should be able to see the results of that within this month. Moving on to the actual games: One of our goals is to have event-related content to be more uniform throughout the gamemodes. This is why we've worked on bringing back the 4th of July crate for TMD, together with something similar for CTA. Towny's 4th of July crate has already been released- we hope you enjoy it!

Top Voters
    We thank you all for voting - as always, the top voters will receive a reward.
    The top voters of May are:

1st Place - Zxero1
    2nd Place - Pogrebokk
    3rd Place - Drxgg
    4th Place - bisleri_water
    5th Place - reinbby
    6th Place - ttopacosta
    7th Place - JBo88
    8th Place - SrMaderita_
    9th Place - HenryPlaysMC
    10th Place - rudd34

You can claim your voucher reward by sending a DM to Gemma#0224 on Discord.

Staff Applications
    Do you want to get involved in the creation of our gamemodes? Then you should think about joining our wonderful staff team. The following positions are currently open:
    Build Team - https://havoc.games/builder-application
    Moderation Team - https://havoc.games/staff-application

Gamemode Updates

Craft Theft Auto
    In July CTA celebrated its first anniversary! We have accomplished a lot during this year, however there is more to come before we will leave the beta phase. To celebrate pride month we added awesome Pride Cosmetics to the coin shop. Regarding new content, we're currently working on a smaller follow-up update that changes a few more things regarding law and order. This update will be released within the next weeks.
    Lastly, we have also hosted a PvP event- the winners of that were:
    #1 - Ixse
    #2 - Linwei4
    #3 - AE_Lazer
    Thank you all for participating, we hope you enjoy the prizes! If you didn’t get to participate, don’t worry- we’ll be hosting more events like this in the future. Keep an eye out!

The Mining Dead

Wars are finally back and take place every Saturday at 5 PM EST. Behind the scenes, I started planing the next TMD update. This update's main goal is to clean up the game mode- you can expect more information about that next month. There is also a new rule regarding bases: you are now only allowed to own one base per person, this means you will have to sell all additional bases you own on your main and or second account. We give all players one month time to sell their bases and move their items before we start enforcing this rule.
    We have also hosted the first PvP event on TMD in quite a while- the winners of that were:
    #1 - Adepts
    #2 - Xevely
    #3 - 0rochix
    Thank you all for participating, we hope you enjoy the prizes! If you didn’t get to participate, don’t worry- we’ll be hosting more events like this in the future. Keep an eye out!

Towny
    On Towny, the month of June kicked off with the release of the Summer Crate. Throughout Summer, this crate will be available, but some items may change throughout. July and September crates will also be released later on allowing two different types of monthly crates to be available. Throughout June, a few Pride events took place, being mainly hosted by lilAymay, Oren_7 & Raf3z. Many winners were presented, good job to everyone, hope you enjoy your new pet! The first ever nether pvp scavenger hunt took place nearing the end of the month. Big congratulations goes to Oren_7 for finding the legendary axe! The daily merchant has been added, managed by lilAymay, allowing players to get about 20-25k a day from that alone. The MK. VI armor set is releasing soon, and BM too! Watch out for those during July!

RJ2Hung

Mythical
    RJ2Hung
    RJ2Hung RJ2Hung
    why are you doing this with bases on tmd? add more bases? we can even raid them to take them from other players. Are you guys gonna reimburse us for what we spent on base upgrades? Also why cant we have a base claimed by an alt? We find another way around this problem. lets talk about it.. a lot of players are pretty irritated with this change. There's much more pressing issues with tmd like the excessive amount of lag, its pushing more players away then you realize.

Notis_YT

As a player on TMD, I do find that a lot of the enjoyment for the part of the non-pvp player base comes from the collection of bases and items. In its early stages of development, I feel that the bases were in their prime (aside from glitches and exploits). The ability to store bags in storages solved the issue of storage that a number of players without the money to purchase alts had. In addition, the weaponsmith and armory did not require a certain rank for people to take from them. While this did make stealing possible, I feel that this mechanic inherently made the game interesting. The decision to prevent bags from being placed into base storages reduced the amount of items that could be stored immensely and increased the player base's reliance on more bases for storage. Making the decision to allow players to only own one base is only going to push the player base further away. Not only will getting bases be pointless, but the payoff will only be a few pages of storage and an rng-based armor and weapon generator. As shown by the declining player-base, these changes to bases are not what TMD needs. In fact, a majority of these changes discourage players from continuing to play. With this new update that is planned to be implemented, the endgame for the server will be just owning a singular base with nothing else to do. Other problems that could arise from this update could include the fact that raiding bases will likely be a reason for players to quit, as owning a singular base will mean that there is no backup base in the scenario that one's base is raided.
    Overall, I feel that TMD needs to focus less on making changes to base mechanics and focus more on the changes that the players of the server are asking to be fixed (i.e. game-breaking lag, that pushes many new players to get off; the drowning glitch, which hasn't been fixed for years; the core mechanics of the game, as that hasn't been altered since the introduction of the bases; the list goes on.) More than anything, it feels more like the staff and developers don't really focus on what the players want updated in the game as a whole and more on what they believe will make the game better, like the constant changes to the bases, which has been updated to all (excuse my language) hell. Hopefully, if staff members read my message and take what I have said to heart, steps to change the server for the better and attract more players to the player-base will be taken.

Broquu

Mythical
    Broquu
    Broquu Broquu
    I dont think limiting to 1 base is fair, most people have to use up to 3 bases atleast. I understand that you want to put a limit on this but one is simply too low,
    I think a better alternative is limiting to 3 or 4 bases owned and multiple added ofcourse, and also add maybe like another 20 bases up arround, Newman, Pylant, Worcester and griffin. I understand that you dont want to flood the map with bases but people that have maybe four bases are not the problem here. If you guys just enforce that players can own 3 or 4 bases would be more accepted that owning only 1. And even if you make the limit one raiding will be useless, you wont raid for location since you already own a singular base and people wont store jugg / limiteds in a base if its their only one since people would know it is stacked.

RedDucc

Champion
    RedDucc
    RedDucc RedDucc
    If you're limiting players to 1 base each in an attempt to fix the problem of players abusing alts to get all the bases that will not change a thing.
    Players can just buy a cheap alt, vpn in, transfer the base to the alt, then log off the alt and forget it ever existed.

DerKaempfer_HD

Sr Builder
    DerKaempfer_HD
    DerKaempfer_HD DerKaempfer_HD
    Everyone should first wait for the upcoming other changes to bases, which are not yet too direct to address, before already complaining. Expect other changes than just "base limit" by not only the feedback from the suggestion website.

Some of the bugs and issues listed in this thread are looked into whenever possible, lag however can't be pinpointed to something and is not some quickly to deal with thing. As far as the drowning issue concerns: its a version dependant bug and also difficult to patch.

Fixing the alts issue was attempted in the past (vpn blocker), but caused massive mayhem on everyone. False positives were on the daily side of things, if staff has to resolve countless of tickets due to that you can expect there to be delays in everything else.
    It was not a good solution.

Should everyone else not read carefully I'll highlight the important part for you TMD interested again:

"Behind the scenes, I started planing the next TMD update. This update's main goal is to clean up the game mode- you can expect more information about that next month.
    The next update will be about QoL and gameplay issue resolving.

Broquu

Mythical
    Broquu
    Broquu Broquu
    Everyone should first wait for the upcoming other changes to bases, which are not yet too direct to address, before already complaining. Expect other changes than just "base limit" by not only the feedback from the suggestion website.

Some of the bugs and issues listed in this thread are looked into whenever possible, lag however can't be pinpointed to something and is not some quickly to deal with thing. As far as the drowning issue concerns: its a version dependant bug and also difficult to patch.

Fixing the alts issue was attempted in the past (vpn blocker), but caused massive mayhem on everyone. False positives were on the daily side of things, if staff has to resolve countless of tickets due to that you can expect there to be delays in everything else.

Should everyone else not read carefully I'll highlight the important part for you TMD interested again:

We understand there will be QoL updated but do you even play tmd?? one base is simply not enough

Notis_YT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm getting from this is that there will be more changes coming to TMD besides the ones advertised in this thread. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell us what these changes are? If these changes are not important enough to post on the thread alongside the base change, I find it a bit difficult to believe that these supposed changes outweigh the downside that is the one base limit. While a quality of life and gameplay change is appealing and probably will be accepted for the most part in this community, that does not change the fact that the one base limit is still going to be in place alongside these changes. The reason all these people flocked to the forums to complain is due to the fact that they heard about the one base limit. Just to make it clear, we have no qualms with quality of life and gameplay changes, but the one base limit is what's upsetting the community as a whole, since that was the main and only update advertised in the thread. Again, I would like to hear what other updates are going to be implemented if you can for my own reference.

Notis_YT

Just as a follow up, my own opinion on this update and TMD updates as a whole can be found above, if you want reference it. In addition, I would like to understand how this one base limit update is supposed to improve TMD a whole from a developer's standpoint, since the player-base is almost unanimous in agreeing that such an update would only further to deplete TMD's player-base.