• IP Copied!
  • Mail System

Diluc__Ragnvindr

Mythical
    Diluc__Ragnvindr
    Diluc__Ragnvindr Diluc__Ragnvindr
    Hello players of HavocMC, I just had a quick suggestion for the owners regarding a mail system. Almost every server I have played on has had a mail system with '/Mail send (Message)' so that you can contact players that are usually not online when you are/don't have Skype or Discord to communicate on. This would be very helpful for just about all occasions and I believe it would make for better communication on the server overall.

Thank you all for your time, cheerio!

Funnehh

Mythical
    Funnehh
    Funnehh Funnehh
    No, no and no. This server does not need a mail system, if you don't have skype or discord you probably shouldn't even be talking to people, go back to singleplayer.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    No, no and no. This server does not need a mail system, if you don't have skype or discord you probably shouldn't even be talking to people, go back to singleplayer.
    Rude. If you provide an actual reason, maybe people wont be so inclined to get bad vibes from you.

Anyway, I think a mail system would be great!! Maybe, to keep it more controlled, limit it to mailing only people in your friend list? Just an idea. I think a /mail system is a great idea!

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    First of all, I don't have friends. Second the only people I play with I meet on discord. Third of all, TMD is most of the time every man for themselves so why you be contact anyone offline?

Funnehh

Mythical
    Funnehh
    Funnehh Funnehh
    Rude. If you provide an actual reason, maybe people wont be so inclined to get bad vibes from you.

Anyway, I think a mail system would be great!! Maybe, to keep it more controlled, limit it to mailing only people in your friend list? Just an idea. I think a /mail system is a great idea!

That message was me not being rude but being cheeky, as a staff member you probably should know the difference just incase you give a wrong punishment. People get bad vibes from me? I'd expect a normal member to say that not a staff member, you are being the rude one here.

Just to add on, it was a valid point. I have been here from 2012, the server didn't have a mail system then because its not needed at all and it should not have one now.

Diluc__Ragnvindr

Mythical
    Diluc__Ragnvindr
    Diluc__Ragnvindr Diluc__Ragnvindr

I am personally glad to see someone agree with the idea. Communication between some people can be quite a problem at times and I would love to see the idea implemented in the future.

That message was me not being rude but being cheeky, as a staff member you probably should know the difference just incase you give a wrong punishment. People get bad vibes from me? I'd expect a normal member to say that not a staff member, you are being the rude one here.

Just to add on, it was a valid point. I have been here from 2012, the server didn't have a mail system then because its not needed at all and it should not have one now.
    I do find that it was rude, the wording wasn't even remotely helpful and you have not found a valid point for what you've said. About the bad vibes... that's depending on the person.
    Also, some people's devices to not allow one to get Discord or Skype (Or either the applications do not function properly on said devices)
    All I can ask after this is said is to not reply, Funnehh, because this was a suggestion for a Mail System, not begging for an unnecessary flame war between the player base.

Funnehh

Mythical
    Funnehh
    Funnehh Funnehh
    Also, some people's devices to not allow one to get Discord or Skype (Or either the applications do not function properly on said devices)
    726882dabd5f4d138f06248cf1fc389d.gif

Thats the type of computer you'd have if you can't run discord or skype.

I do find that it was rude, the wording wasn't even remotely helpful and you have not found a valid point for what you've said.

Wasn't remotely helpful? Matter of opinion, I said it wasn't in the older versions of the server so why would they need it in the newer versions (This is dragged out). Bringing up what worked in the older versions when the server was more alive is surely more helpful rather than trying to predict how this could effect the server.

Now for the "rude" part, like I said in my previous post it was not me being rude. It was a bit of cheek, a little joke. If you find that rude you haven't met many people as people are usually worse than this. Good luck when you get out there. *****!

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    Mailing? That's not the core of TMD. It is a gun server, meant for fast PvP, and roleplaying. I don't really see a need in a mailing system to be honest. Seems kind of useless considering the type of server TMD is...

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Now for the "rude" part, like I said in my previous post it was not me being rude. It was a bit of cheek, a little joke. If you find that rude you haven't met many people as people are usually worse than this. Good luck when you get out there. *****
    You came off as rather rude. Also. Nice job hiding "*****" in there, colored white. 'I'm not being rude, I swear!' Lol. It was just an idea, there's no need to be so salty.

I was being "cheeky" too, then ;)
    Mailing? That's not the core of TMD. It is a gun server, meant for fast PvP, and roleplaying. I don't really see a need in a mailing system to be honest. Seems kind of useless considering the type of server TMD is...
    You said roleplay? I think /mail could fit in nicely with rps. It would certainly bring an interesting dynamic to the community. I say yes!

Andycool

Andycool
    Andycool Andycool
    726882dabd5f4d138f06248cf1fc389d.gif

Thats the type of computer you'd have if you can't run discord or skype.

Wasn't remotely helpful? Matter of opinion, I said it wasn't in the older versions of the server so why would they need it in the newer versions (This is dragged out). Bringing up what worked in the older versions when the server was more alive is surely more helpful rather than trying to predict how this could effect the server.

Now for the "rude" part, like I said in my previous post it was not me being rude. It was a bit of cheek, a little joke. If you find that rude you haven't met many people as people are usually worse than this. Good luck when you get out there. *****!
    Something to consider for those of you who don't think it's needed:

If you don't want to use /mail, you don't have to.

That said, I can see this being useful for me personally. I've got a few people on my friends list who stopped playing, and I never got their discord because it wasn't necessary. Say they get on for 20 minutes to see what's going on, and I'm not online to get their discord or skype. If there was a /mail, I could toss them an invite link or my tag, and wouldn't have to miss seeing them a few dozen times.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Something to consider for those of you who don't think it's needed:

If you don't want to use /mail, you don't have to.

That said, I can see this being useful for me personally. I've got a few people on my friends list who stopped playing, and I never got their discord because it wasn't necessary. Say they get on for 20 minutes to see what's going on, and I'm not online to get their discord or skype. If there was a /mail, I could toss them an invite link or my tag, and wouldn't have to miss seeing them a few dozen times.
    LOGIC. THANK YOU! (I guess we do agree on some things ;) )

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    First of all, I don't have friends. Second the only people I play with I meet on discord. Third of all, TMD is most of the time every man for themselves so why you be contact anyone offline?

I have a large motorcycle gang. We fight groups of people all the time. It's not every man for themselves a lot of the time.