• IP Copied!
  • map maker needs

do you agree map maker needs a desperate update?

• Yes!

Votes: 4 66.7%
    • Yes, but i don't agree with some of the things you say

Votes: 1 16.7%
    • No, map maker is fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • SaintSebastian is awesome!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
    saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    so i posting this here because people are more likely to see this. map maker has dozens of problems, and we need to fix them! also, i put in a few suggestions. ( the problems and suggestions are the same thing, so dont worry about that.)

first problem: we need the command /mperms view to see who has perms on that map. can be useful for catching griefers.

second problem: fire and grass. even with block updates off, grass still grows and fire still spreads. please fix this.

third problem. spammed /map. please divide the /map, to have 3 sections, maps where you are owner, maps where you are builder/manager, maps where you are banned, and have the view rank.

suggestion: add a fourth rank: visitor, basically they can use potions, shoot bows, press buttons, open doors, etc. good for roleploy maps, mazes, parkour, and generally large maps with lots of doors and buttons.

suggestion: add a better sign(s) and more clear. people ask in chat how to create maps, when the sign is right in front of them! so make it more obvious and make it a bit clearer on how to create a map. also, at spawn make a basic world edit tutorial, and a few commands like /map, /settings, //up 1, etc

Suggestion: add a command where it shows popular maps, so people dont have to constantly advertise for feedback or help.

(more suggestions and problems to come!)

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    Really good suggestions! Let's hope some of these get noticed and added to mapmaker.
    me too, this is why i put it in tmd suggestions, because it is more likely to be viewed.
    Yeah I agree but the only problem is that the owners don't do anything or reply to any of these ideas and suggestions :/
    yeah. we need a new type of staff, that could decide weather to accept something, or deny, when accepted, they tell the coders and nick, who get a final say.