• IP Copied!
  • Mine Wars Rant

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    (This is on the mine wars forums as well, but should be on the main ones too)

I just want to take this time to say how poorly run Mine Wars is.

As Lord_Zackarius brought up, the staff doesn't care about mine wars. You got rid of the one staff who actually cared, and now most of the "moderating" is done by players instead of staff.

Think about that for a moment.

I'll make the example of afk grinding. Jaarjo got from level 19 to level 22 or so from afk grinding before he was banned, and that's many, many hours of doing it. Several players knew, but instead of reporting, they killed him for a few coins.

More or less what you did is patch most of the bugs and nerfed the things people complained about, then you stopped responding or doing anything to the game.

I'm gonna make an example: the last time anything in mine wars forums was added was the rpg nerf, and that was a month ago. Before that the last significant thing that was added was sidearms in conquest, which was over two months ago.

If your going to add 1 thing from the forums every month, what's the point of even putting ideas into it?

The maps are screwed to. You said you would have Scarif out soon... in January. It is now April. Hoth is about the same thing, and because of this, more people leave every day just because they're sick of sand and trees.

You also have almost no explanation of how to do anything on the server. I would guess one out of five players quit for good before they reach level 5, because they don't know where the grinder is, or where mos eisley is, or how merchants work, or how to get a speeder.

Staff have said that TMD is a bigger concern than mine wars because more people play it. Well, why do you think that is? If the staff don't care enough to check on Mine Wars once in a while, why should people play on it when you have this other mode that is well run and easier to get started? I honestly believe if you put in half the work you put into TMD into mine wars, it would have twice the people than it does now.

So you have a Gamemode that had most of the nice features (force speeder, tuskens with guns, force pull being stronger) removed. You can be cussed out by a noob that you killed because no one is there to stop filter bypass, you can be one shot because a level 4 held down right click as you sniped him, you can send your friends youtube videos that are unavailable because the chat wont allow the caps, or you can be 6v1ed by people who hide behind level 2 players. The sad part is, this has so much potential, and we've had a lot of fun on it, but it's getting to the point where we cant really do that anymore.

Gangryong

(This is on the mine wars forums as well, but should be on the main ones too)

I just want to take this time to say how poorly run Mine Wars is.

As Lord_Zackarius brought up, the staff doesn't care about mine wars. You got rid of the one staff who actually cared, and now most of the "moderating" is done by players instead of staff.

Think about that for a moment.

I'll make the example of afk grinding. Jaarjo got from level 19 to level 22 or so from afk grinding before he was banned, and that's many, many hours of doing it. Several players knew, but instead of reporting, they killed him for a few coins.

More or less what you did is patch most of the bugs and nerfed the things people complained about, then you stopped responding or doing anything to the game.

I'm gonna make an example: the last time anything in mine wars forums was added was the rpg nerf, and that was a month ago. Before that the last significant thing that was added was sidearms in conquest, which was over two months ago.

If your going to add 1 thing from the forums every month, what's the point of even putting ideas into it?

The maps are screwed to. You said you would have Scarif out soon... in January. It is now April. Hoth is about the same thing, and because of this, more people leave every day just because they're sick of sand and trees.

You also have almost no explanation of how to do anything on the server. I would guess one out of five players quit for good before they reach level 5, because they don't know where the grinder is, or where mos eisley is, or how merchants work, or how to get a speeder.

Staff have said that TMD is a bigger concern than mine wars because more people play it. Well, why do you think that is? If the staff don't care enough to check on Mine Wars once in a while, why should people play on it when you have this other mode that is well run and easier to get started? I honestly believe if you put in half the work you put into TMD into mine wars, it would have twice the people than it does now.

So you have a Gamemode that had most of the nice features (force speeder, tuskens with guns, force pull being stronger) removed. You can be cussed out by a noob that you killed because no one is there to stop filter bypass, you can be one shot because a level 4 held down right click as you sniped him, you can send your friends youtube videos that are unavailable because the chat wont allow the caps, or you can be 6v1ed by people who hide behind level 2 players. The sad part is, this has so much potential, and we've had a lot of fun on it, but it's getting to the point where we cant really do that anymore.
    I know I stopped playing it because of the people hiding behind level 2s and I am really annoyed so I agree with you that this server needs too be fixed.

49ersfan77

Mythical
    49ersfan77
    49ersfan77 49ersfan77
    "Staff have said that TMD is a bigger concern than mine wars because more people play it. Well, why do you think that is? If the staff don't care enough to check on Mine Wars once in a while, why should people play on it when you have this other mode that is well run and easier to get started? I honestly believe if you put in half the work you put into TMD into mine wars, it would have twice the people than it does now."

When making Mine Wars, they put a ton of work into it to create the plugin. Eventually, they will hire a helper who plays Mine Wars a lot to moderate the chat and the basic issues of Mine Wars. Being that about 200 people plays TMD at a time and only about 30 plays Mine Wars, it only makes sense to give more attention to the game mode that more users use.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    "Staff have said that TMD is a bigger concern than mine wars because more people play it. Well, why do you think that is? If the staff don't care enough to check on Mine Wars once in a while, why should people play on it when you have this other mode that is well run and easier to get started? I honestly believe if you put in half the work you put into TMD into mine wars, it would have twice the people than it does now."

When making Mine Wars, they put a ton of work into it to create the plugin. Eventually, they will hire a helper who plays Mine Wars a lot to moderate the chat and the basic issues of Mine Wars. Being that about 200 people plays TMD at a time and only about 30 plays Mine Wars, it only makes sense to give more attention to the game mode that more users use.
    The point he's making is that they're not playing as much because of the aforementioned reasons

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    Eventually, they will hire a helper who plays Mine Wars a lot to moderate the chat and the basic issues of Mine Wars. Being that about 200 people plays TMD at a time and only about 30 plays Mine Wars, it only makes sense to give more attention to the game mode that more users use.

They demoted Culpeo_Fox, the helper who used to do that.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    Looks like instead of responding staff are trying to let this thread die. Somehow I'm not surprised.