• IP Copied!
  • My Personal Thoughts on the Update

Jordan_Bailey

Mythical
    Jordan_Bailey
    Jordan_Bailey Jordan_Bailey
    Okay, first off, I want to make a quick little note about my other thread "#BringTheOldMapBack." I like what I've seen in the new map, except the outside of Alexandria, Hilltop and Oceanside. I haven't seen nearly the whole map, and I should've waited to see the map in its entirety before making that thread, and I already deleted it because of it. And I saw one person, who I will not say who, said and I quote "Just a roleplay player triggered." I wasn't getting triggered. Anyway, onto my thoughts on the update. If you are sensitive to other people's opinions, stop reading now.

I really like what I've seen in the map. I have a few problems with it, but I'll be getting into it later. I also saw a bit of the hub, and I really like it. Onto The Mining Dead, I've seen about Alexandria, Junkyard, Hilltop, Oceanside, Brooks Electric Sz, and Sanctuary. I'm planning on doing exploring once the car glitch is fixed, but from what I've seen, it's nice, except for Hilltop and Oceanside as I've said before. I'll be getting to my opinions about each thing I've seen so far later. Now, onto the pros and cons. These are going to be from my personal view.

Honorable Mentions-
    >Bugs.
    I'm not gonna have these in the cons, because these were not intended at all. I know it will take a while for them to be fixed, and I will be happy when they eventually are. Plus, I've got map maker to mess around on while I can wait for the car bug to eventually be fixed. :D

Pros-
    >Easier travel.
    The map is a lot smaller, and travel is a lot quicker. And most of the common roleplay locations are semi-close to each other. On the new map, I like to think of Hilltop as a central roleplay area, because well, it's in the center of most of the common roleplay areas. Sanctuary and Kingdom are really close by, Alexandria is a good distance away, and Woodbury, Oceanside, and Junkyard are kinda far away. Prison and especially the Abigail are very far away.

>Popular Locations Brought Back
    Two Locations. Hartsfield and Belport Harbor. With these two locations being added back in, holy hell. Belport Harbor is once again probably going to be a popular pvp area, and Hartsfield is just amazing. I'm going to be on PvP probably a lot more now.

Cons-
    >Lag.
    Just, lag. This new map was made to decrease lag, but it's done the opposite. Item frames is what's caused all the lag I believe. I can't even go to the clinic or the brownstones in Alexandria because my game will be straining itself to the very edge when I have the settings as low as they can, so my game can run as fast as it can, and it rarely run at 5 fps.

>Forests
    The forests are a living pain to move around in. They're more dense than osmium for Christs sake. I'd rather be watching my ex strip tease than go through those forests. All jokes aside, they're extremely dense, hard to move around in just by walking, let alone in a car or bike. And they're extremely lagy to go through as well.

That's really all I have to say besides my thoughts on the locations themselves.

Hilltop-The house does not look good in my opinion. At least from a roleplaying standpoint. That's how I've been expressing my thoughts on the map so far. It really screws over roleplayers for Hilltop, because of the lack of rooms there are. For the trailers, I understand. But not the rooms. In the Walking Dead Comics, it is stated that there are nearly two hundred people living at Hilltop. Yeah, there were a lot more trailers and Barrington House was larger, but still. With the new Hilltop, you'd be able to fit thirteen people, at least, if there was one person in a room and trailer. For just playing normally, it looks really nice, and I really enjoy it. But for roleplay, only the office and the library where the clinic used to be is really the only thing that hits home for me.

Alexandria-I haven't seen much of it, mostly due to lag, but I'm guessing it's the same as before, except with the trucks from the Season Seven Finale. I liked Alexandria before and I'll probably enjoy it now, except for the trucks outside which are very annoying.

Junkyard-Haven't seen much of it, but it's ridiculously huge, larger than m--I'm not gonna make that joke. Anyway...living a life of luxury under a heap of trash. That's all I have to say about the matter.

Oceanside-Outside, looks like someone just poured green paint all over the place. But the place looks nice on the inside.

Sanctuary-Bigger, better, but it's like a goddamn maze. Otherwise, I like it.

Brooks-I remember this safezone from the map before last, and I'm really happy to see it back. It didn't get much love before that I remember, but I'm sure it will become a very popular safezone.

That's all I have to say about the update. One quick thing I really want is for Map Maker to have the presets be updated for the previous map, so players can still see those locations on Map Maker, and see the updated locations on the current map. Anyway, that's all I have. Later!

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    Okay, first off, I want to make a quick little note about my other thread "#BringTheOldMapBack." I like what I've seen in the new map, except the outside of Alexandria, Hilltop and Oceanside. I haven't seen nearly the whole map, and I should've waited to see the map in its entirety before making that thread, and I already deleted it because of it. And I saw one person, who I will not say who, said and I quote "Just a roleplay player triggered." I wasn't getting triggered. Anyway, onto my thoughts on the update. If you are sensitive to other people's opinions, stop reading now.

I really like what I've seen in the map. I have a few problems with it, but I'll be getting into it later. I also saw a bit of the hub, and I really like it. Onto The Mining Dead, I've seen about Alexandria, Junkyard, Hilltop, Oceanside, Brooks Electric Sz, and Sanctuary. I'm planning on doing exploring once the car glitch is fixed, but from what I've seen, it's nice, except for Hilltop and Oceanside as I've said before. I'll be getting to my opinions about each thing I've seen so far later. Now, onto the pros and cons. These are going to be from my personal view.

Honorable Mentions-
    >Bugs.
    I'm not gonna have these in the cons, because these were not intended at all. I know it will take a while for them to be fixed, and I will be happy when they eventually are. Plus, I've got map maker to mess around on while I can wait for the car bug to eventually be fixed. :D

Pros-
    >Easier travel.
    The map is a lot smaller, and travel is a lot quicker. And most of the common roleplay locations are semi-close to each other. On the new map, I like to think of Hilltop as a central roleplay area, because well, it's in the center of most of the common roleplay areas. Sanctuary and Kingdom are really close by, Alexandria is a good distance away, and Woodbury, Oceanside, and Junkyard are kinda far away. Prison and especially the Abigail are very far away.

>Popular Locations Brought Back
    Two Locations. Hartsfield and Belport Harbor. With these two locations being added back in, holy hell. Belport Harbor is once again probably going to be a popular pvp area, and Hartsfield is just amazing. I'm going to be on PvP probably a lot more now.

Cons-
    >Lag.
    Just, lag. This new map was made to decrease lag, but it's done the opposite. Item frames is what's caused all the lag I believe. I can't even go to the clinic or the brownstones in Alexandria because my game will be straining itself to the very edge when I have the settings as low as they can, so my game can run as fast as it can, and it rarely run at 5 fps.

>Forests
    The forests are a living pain to move around in. They're more dense than osmium for Christs sake. I'd rather be watching my ex strip tease than go through those forests. All jokes aside, they're extremely dense, hard to move around in just by walking, let alone in a car or bike. And they're extremely lagy to go through as well.

That's really all I have to say besides my thoughts on the locations themselves.

Hilltop-The house does not look good in my opinion. At least from a roleplaying standpoint. That's how I've been expressing my thoughts on the map so far. It really screws over roleplayers for Hilltop, because of the lack of rooms there are. For the trailers, I understand. But not the rooms. In the Walking Dead Comics, it is stated that there are nearly two hundred people living at Hilltop. Yeah, there were a lot more trailers and Barrington House was larger, but still. With the new Hilltop, you'd be able to fit thirteen people, at least, if there was one person in a room and trailer. For just playing normally, it looks really nice, and I really enjoy it. But for roleplay, only the office and the library where the clinic used to be is really the only thing that hits home for me.

Alexandria-I haven't seen much of it, mostly due to lag, but I'm guessing it's the same as before, except with the trucks from the Season Seven Finale. I liked Alexandria before and I'll probably enjoy it now, except for the trucks outside which are very annoying.

Junkyard-Haven't seen much of it, but it's ridiculously huge, larger than m--I'm not gonna make that joke. Anyway...living a life of luxury under a heap of trash. That's all I have to say about the matter.

Oceanside-Outside, looks like someone just poured green paint all over the place. But the place looks nice on the inside.

Sanctuary-Bigger, better, but it's like a goddamn maze. Otherwise, I like it.

Brooks-I remember this safezone from the map before last, and I'm really happy to see it back. It didn't get much love before that I remember, but I'm sure it will become a very popular safezone.

That's all I have to say about the update. One quick thing I really want is for Map Maker to have the presets be updated for the previous map, so players can still see those locations on Map Maker, and see the updated locations on the current map. Anyway, that's all I have. Later!

Thank You JordanThePretzel For your Feedback
    I have gone through Alexandria and removed some item frames and other un-needed items from the area which should reduce the lag people are having issues with. This fix should be on the live servers over the next couple of weeks with the resolved. So I do hope this issue is fixed for you and everyone else who has been experiencing lag. As for Hilltop we understand majority of the non-pvp fan base is dissatisfied with its look, and we know people really the comic version better that we had last update. Although it is awkward on its detail, Barrington House is exact to its show counterpart as in size and layout. However we will try and compromise to improving some of its detail. As for oceanside, well I think we can all agree amc did not do Oceanside justice in its appearance xD. As this new update is still in beta we will try and also improve oceansides exterior form. Sanctuary I know is confusing but again Amc put D and vc in a corner with its very confusing layout and they worked hard and did more than there best to make it as accurate as possible. Finally the Dense Forest, yeah I don't like it either but it does make the map feel more broad and even though locations are closer together the dense forest helps make it feel larger than it really is.

Again JordanThePretzel I thank you for this amazing and professional feedback you have given us and we are still working to improve things. The Head builders and owners have really been burning the midnight oil to help make this new update a possibility and it will always be a continuing progress as long as the comic and show go on.

JessePinktip

Mythical
    JaxonTeller
    JaxonTeller JaxonTeller
    Hilltop: I understand people are complaining about the lack of rooms, but it is completely justified in my opinion. The "COMIC" has around 200 people living in it, this is the "TV" show version. The TV show version was and still is an EXTREME disappointment compared to its comic book counterpart. In the show you may have noticed there are not 200 people living there, but close to 13. Jbentley has connections with someone who works on set so we were able to get a general idea of an accurate layout, and it wouldn't make sense if we had 30 bedrooms in the house if only 13 people live there in the show. I mean Maggie and Sasha wouldn't be living in a trailer if there were extra rooms right? And if we did that it wouldn't match up the size we did with the Barrington house seeing as the rooms would be completely undersized and un-proportionate. As for the front doors and cellar door they were supposed to be block doors but slipped Jacob's mind when grinding out the finalization of the new update. I'll try and detail Hilltop a little more but there's not much else that can be done with while keeping up with the TV shows consistency.

Alexandria: Not sure if we will remove the Savior trucks or not, but they definitely won't be there when season eight roles around.

Junkyard: I understand people don't like the "living under luxury" but it's all you've got for now, and if you call it that it must look good. Terminant said he will redo the interior for it so expect that in the future. So for now just try to enjoy it, or don't go there at all.

Oceanside: I didn't build this but we're probably going to work with it.

Sanctuary: Yes it is a maze, but as JBentley said above, the shows continuity is all over the place, and the interrior we see in the show makes absolutely no sense. I made it as close as I could judged off of Daryl's escape, but I may just go in at some point before the next major update and try and make it simpler as long as it can follow a general path of Daryl's escape.

Brooks: I'm very glad you're pleased with it.