• IP Copied!
  • My Take On The Current Situation

Brqd

Alright, I'm going to try and make this as brief as possible. And to make it clear, I don't want any hate directed at me and I am certainly not trying to direct any hate towards anyone. I am just trying to voice my opinion, and you can as well... politely...

Before I start I'd like to say two sentences that should sum everything up for those of you who don't like reading:
    The update was not a fix from what TMD was before, it was simply an attempt to make TMD better. The server was not broken before the update, so why try to fix it?

Alright, after taking a look at the two sentences above... I challenge anyone who does not agree to give me 3 pvp aspects of the game that they had fixed. I understand that bike pvp was nerfed, and you may use that as one of your fixes. But things such as: changing the damage of guns, and changing the protection of jugg do not count because they were never broken in the first place...
    And my question to @_Nickk is, "Nick, why did you make these changes if they were not even broken in the first place?"

Now to get into something that I found quite odd...... Here's a quote from what Nick had said on another post in reply to Jahango.
    I'm not sure if you have all of the old plugins and server stuff when it was 1.8 but if you just make it the same as that then everything will be fine, then we can work from there.
    It is currently like 1.8 - people just got better with pains.
    Here he is talking about how PvP is just like it was in 1.8, but people had just gotten better at paining..... Well, if you look at the ChangeLog, why does he keep making fixes to make it more like 1.8, if it already is currently like 1.8??? AND, why are videos from back then so much different from what they are now? Things such as the use of katana in wars were unheard of back then. But now? What is one of the main ways to kill a full jug? Oh that's right, with a katana.

_Nickk , I'm sorry for all of this conflict that I've caused, but please just change the server to how it used to be. Back when all the OG players actually liked to play. All of the changes you are making with guns seem to be useless, purely because they'll never be the same. It would be much easier to just use the coding from back then, well... that is if you didn't already delete it all... Please do something about this issue _Nickk, but no, do not keep overwriting codes hoping that one of the times it will be right.

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    I've already said numerous, numerous times, the coding is the exact same. Katanas are actually worse than what they were, because people used to be able to use strength. People were just worse at using painkillers and katana use was not widespread. I've said this so many times - what do you mean by how it used to be?!?!!?!?!?! Gun damages didn't change until I recently tried to correct so called differences. You're still not being clear at all.

Brqd

I've already said numerous, numerous times, the coding is the exact same. Katanas are actually worse than what they were, because people used to be able to use strength. People were just worse at using painkillers and katana use was not widespread. I've said this so many times - what do you mean by how it used to be?!?!!?!?!?! Gun damages didn't change until I recently tried to correct so called differences. You're still not being clear at all.
    Please Read It All
    Regarding pvp, there's really been three different eras.
    1. 1.8, there was no katana bleeding, which made it so that everyone really just used guns to kill people. When scoped in however, people could take up to five hearts in full jugg when hit with a barret. Also nobody no scoped because it was extremely inaccurate. So that means people would scope in fights and get hurt more. This all together created for an equal gun fight.
    2. 1.9 update... When hit with a katana people started bleeding, and there was strength 2. This caused many fights to be katana based. But the game was still balanced because people could not tank through getting cornered with katanas. Overall 1.9 had pretty equal fights other than when bike pvp became a thing. But I don't want to talk about those grim days.
    3. After the update..... You took away strength 2, which was the main basis of pvp for many people in 1.9... Although this could be a very good thing (reducing sword pvp) it turns out it may not have been. I mean, look at it like this, there was a reason people used katanas in 1.9 and barely guns, because katanas did more damage and people couldn't tank through them. Now though, with less katana fights and more gun fights, people have all of a sudden become more tanky.

Looking at it from afar you can see a resemblance in 1 and 2. They were both equal in terms of fighting.
    In 1.8 it was equal because everyone had to scope in while shooting making them easier to kill (because they took more damage)... This made them not tank through so many shots.

In 1.9 you strength 2 and bleeding made it so that people could be put into combos easier (due to being slown down by bleeding) or just straight up killed by katanas alone. Although guns are the point of the game, 1.9 was equal because no one could tank through those katana fights. And when scoped in you had the same amount of protection which made gun fights not as effective.

Now in the newest update, you can basically tank through anything... The reason for this is because guns do the same damage as they did before, but no one needs to scope in close range fights as much because no scoping is so accurate (and in the 1.8 days if you scoped in you would take more damage). And regarding katanas, they dont do as much damage as they did in 1.9 so they can't be used to kill anyone either. So overall, the 1.10 update right now is very unequal/ unbalanced compared to the other eras.

1.8 cant tank through guns (because you had to scope in during fights and get hurt more)
    1.9 cant tank through katanas (because of stregth 2 and bleeding, but they fixed scopes so guns arent as deadly)
    1.10 CAN tank through both (because they took stregth 2 out and fixed scopes)

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    Please Read It All
    1. 1.8, there was no katana bleeding, which made it so that everyone really just used guns to kill people. When scoped in however, people could take up to five hearts in full jugg when hit with a barret. Also nobody no scoped because it was extremely inaccurate. So that means people would scope in fights and get hurt more. This all together created for an equal gun fight.
    2. 1.9 update... When hit with a katana people started bleeding, and there was strength 2. This caused many fights to be katana based. But the game was still balanced because people could not tank through getting cornered with katanas. Overall 1.9 had pretty equal fights other than when bike pvp became a thing. But I don't want to talk about those grim days.
    3. After the update..... You took away strength 2, which was the main basis of pvp for many people in 1.9... Although this could be a very good thing (reducing sword pvp) it turns out it may not have been. I mean, look at it like this, there was a reason people used katanas in 1.9 and barely guns, because katanas did more damage and people couldn't tank through them. Now though, with less katana fights and more gun fights, people have all of a sudden become more tanky.

Looking at it from afar you can see a resemblance in 1 and 2. They were both equal in terms of fighting.
    In 1.8 it was equal because everyone had to scope in while shooting making them easier to kill (because they took more damage)... This made them not tank through so many shots.

In 1.9 you strength 2 and bleeding made it so that people could be put into combos easier (due to being slown down by bleeding) or just straight up killed by katanas alone. Although guns are the point of the game, 1.9 was equal because no one could tank through those katana fights. And when scoped in you had the same amount of protection which made gun fights not as effective.

Now in the newest update, you can basically tank through anything... The reason for this is because guns do the same damage as they did before, but no one needs to scope in close range fights as much because no scoping is so accurate (and in the 1.8 days if you scoped in you would take more damage). And regarding katanas, they dont do as much damage as they did in 1.9 so they can't be used to kill anyone either. So overall, the 1.10 update right now is very unequal/ unbalanced compared to the other eras.

1.8 cant tank through guns (because you had to scope in during fights and get hurt more)
    1.9 cant tank through katanas (because of stregth 2 and bleeding, but they fixed scopes so guns arent as deadly)
    The barrett non scoped accuracy does not appear to be changed, but I raised it none the less.
    I can try buffing katana damage or bleeding. I'll see if people get upset.

Brqd

The barrett non scoped accuracy does not appear to be changed, but I raised it none the less.
    My one piece of advice for you is to stop testing things out to see if people will like it, such as seeing if putting more damage on the katana will make people mad. I don't know how hard this is because I don't code, but I'd suggest just putting in the coding from 1.9 into the server.

Whether we know it or not, you could have already screwed with pains and guns enough to the point where they aren't the same as they were before the update. So just using the coding from before the update (but changing the bike coding for less bike pvp) could possibly be your best bet.

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe

What about making a donator testing server, nerfs/buffs get pushed there first, if they do good on there, put them on the main server. New forum section for people to post whether or not they think the patch is viable. This way there wont be tons of people getting mad

Brqd

Maybe make katana rare and expencive, but OP
    That wouldn't affect anyone with infinite money. Honestly I don't see why no one can realize that the best bet is to just change the coding to what it was before the update. Just have the kit with strength 2 no big deal. It used to be balanced so lets keep it that way.

5oup

Please Read It All

I agree with this 100%. No-scoping is all people do nowadays. I feel as though a nerf would be appropriate since Barrett fights are now just no-scoping fights. In any case quick-scoping is now less efficient/effective in terms of timing than no-scoping