• IP Copied!
  • New Bases Event

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    All credit goes to Foxorange for original idea.

I think bases are missing a crucial aspect of what happened quite often on the show and comics. Here's what I'm proposing:

Base "Raid" Events
    Base "Raids" are occurrences that will happen every so often, probably predetermined by some sort of timer or random selection. These raids can happen in 3 ways (1 of which already exists)
    Player Raids (PvP only, already a thing)
    Bandit Raids (PvP and PvE)
    Walker Raids (PvE and maybe PvP)

Player raids already exist, and occur when players decide to shoot some rockets at a base. Simple as that. This is already a thing.

Bandit Raids do not exist, but I think it could work.
    Bandits randomly spawn in certain sections of the map, normally higher tier loot zones. If you have a base near those areas, there should be a chance for a swarm of bandits to spawn dependent on how high tier your base's walls are.
    Tier 1 wall: 2-4 bandits
    Tier 2 wall: 4-6 bandits
    Tier 3 wall: 6-9 bandits
    Tier 4 wall: 10-15 bandits
    Tier 5 wall: 15-18 bandits
    You'll want some players on your side to fight them off. Their weapons are dependent upon whatever tier loot zone they spawn in.

Walker raids will happen in much greater numbers, but that's because they exist in much greater numbers. Walker raids shouldn't be so much an "event" but more a random spawning of a horde. Hordes can have anywhere from 10-60 walkers in them, generally on a scale of 5 (so 15, 20, 25, etc).
    If walker hordes spawn in or near the whisperer zones, be very careful. You never know what might be lurking in the shadows..
    These walkers will immediately follow the closest players they see and try to bash down doors, walls, windows, etc. Those walkers can break doors, windows, and barricades. You don't want to be around when they happen.

Still a super long thread, but I went into too much detail. Tell me what you think.