• IP Copied!
  • New Compromise for a Better Morrow

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    For too long have our concerns not been addressed. For too long have our issues and problems not been tended to. For too long have we been stuck in the same cycle of division, suffered the worst of decisions, and been faced with change always towards the wrong direction.

It is imperative that we, as a collective body of players with a common goal in our minds, speak our voices and our concerns to the administrators and those who serve to protect, preserve, and promote our very foundation. We are built on the backs of each other, with the same ambitions towards a more peaceful and ideal server where we can pursue happiness, play to our hearts' content, and achieve fulfillment. It is not too late, and in fact, there can be no more perfect of a time, to compromise and create the community we so crave. We must bind the wounds of division, and we must come together before we face what will become the inevitable, at an extent far worse than ever before. Before we proceed, remind yourselves and your equals, the decision and judgments are at your hands; what is also at your hands is the ever-lessening amount of time we have been given. You are entitled to your own decisions and judgments, but you are not entitled to your own server. We must act together and we must act now.

(got lazy so rest are bullets with explanations)
    Article II: A path for "The Mining Dead"
    - Total # of servers for TMD: 2
    Have PvP and PvE servers, but only one of each kind. This means getting rid of OP TMD (TMDO). How? Here are compromises we can make.
    - No painkiller cooldown: Frankly, players on OP TMD don't want this and players on regular TMD don't see much of a change as a result of the cooldown. It would be absolutely fine to get rid of this cooldown. If anything, add side effects such as nausea and slowness from overdosing on painkillers.
    - Bring back infinite money: When there was infinite, it wasn't like there was too much riot available. People who had infinite were able to gear up for war and those who didn't were able to kill those who did and it became a perfect symbiotic relationship. We have to remember that this is Minecraft, not the global economic market or some experiment to see how inflation rises and goes down. This is just Minecraft. Other ideas include setting a very high cap or limiting the amount of people who can have infinite (ex. 100 total).
    - Just leave jugg: Jugg is jugg.
    - Cut down the map: Nick has already mentioned doing this.
    - Crates: Keep crates as they are on regular TMD but create a new class of crates (that cost 7.5-10k skulls) for the five-slot legendary crates on OP TMD.
    - Update the teams system.
    Fix team allying/neutralizing/enemying, add more customizable ranks for teams, maybe do something with team fortresses where you can set up camp and raid/attack others?
    - Add skulls commands
    /skulls (name) (amt) [to pay], /skulls [shows balance]
    - Add more guns.
    - Fix the berxley parkour (broken towards middle, after finishing parkour in the main spawn room)
    - etc.

- But how do we merge the two servers if players have different items on others?
    Allow for items/vaults to be transferred.

Article III: What would be good for the "Hell Night" games
    - Host biweekly tournaments (on Friday evenings) that you can enter by paying a set amount of skulls, winner receives either crates or perhaps around $10-25 in paypal.
    - Revamp the spawn.
    It looks bland, make it fresh and people will feel better. Also, the parkour is lame.
    - Fix the spelling in the chat banner after voting.
    Something is spelled wrong, forgot which word.
    - Give something to people without kits.
    Perhaps a dull knife or combat one, something one of the sorts.

Article IV: Addressing "Havoc Horizons"
    - Recently addressed. This section has been redacted. (just too lazy to renumber all of the rest)

Article V: Addressing "Mine Wars"
    - It feels like everyone has been ignoring Mine Wars recently. Do something with it, maybe finally allow people to fly in ships and go all around, perhaps include a story mode that follows the actual plot of Star Wars. I'm not much of a Mine Wars geek but I know that people have been talking about how Mine Wars is not getting the attention and love it needs.

Article VI: Finishing the unknown arcade
    GAMEMODE IDEAS:
    - "Kill the Horde" - huge horde of zombies spawn, your objective is to kill them all.
    - "Kill the Horde: Team Edition" - same thing but more zombies and more players.
    - "Lucille" - Try and kill all of the people with Lucille in a set amount of time, keeps decreasing.
    - "Guess Who?" - Negan does eenie-meenie-minie-moe on the NPCs, bet on who will be the one he kills (randomized).
    - "Negan-a-Mole" - Like whack-a-mole but with TWD characters and the bat is Lucille.
    - "TMD Takedown" - Make a live-action settlement like Hilltop or an outpost, defenders vs. raiders
    - More gamemodes.
    - Winners receive prizes in the form of skulls.

Article VII: Proposal for a new mode: "Havoc Civilizations"
    This is perhaps the best and most exciting part of this post. What I propose is a towny-like game mode that provides both the survival civilization building and town-growing aspect that many players seem to like after the introduction of Havoc Horizons (plus the reactions after hearing it'll get reset) AND the fighting and wars aspect of TMD and TMDO. It would be similar in style to the original towny plugin but should have many different tweaks, additions, and changes to make it unique on HavocMC. This would definitely bring in a new bunch of players, boost donations in the donor shop, and unite the community through a community-based game mode.

I understand that many people have addressed their concerns on this because "towny turns to cancer," but if we are able to execute the game mode properly, it won't be like that. The main difference is that Towny servers early on in Minecraft tended to be leaning towards the 8-10 year old range while HavocMC includes people from those ages and up to even late teens. Older players will likely not turn the chat into a mess. This game mode would be a great investment for HavocMC and definitely could excite some more players. I have spoken to people around the server, and for the most part (especially on Havoc Horizons), the players would love to see this come to play.

Article VIII: Improving communication systems
    - Turn over to an official HavocMC discord, teamspeak sucks.

Kanyay

Champion
    Kanyay
    Kanyay Kanyay
    https://havocmc.net/threads/official-discord.2637/#post-23199
    Minewars players don't just want "ships", we want quests that are actually fun, new planets, and new conquest maps, the star fighters are just one of the smaller things that were promised to be added a long time ago. If you do /server mwtat-1 you will see in the announcement message that it says: Space Released, and at first everyone thinks that they have finally added space combat, but no, its just the bloody lobby, you can't even explore the entire place. Literally 90% of all the quests are go here and buy that, go here and kill that, go here and acquire that... Another thing that I don't understand is why they can not add more realistic shooting in mine wars, like killing players, with a blaster, isn't satisfying, why cant they just simply implement realistic star wars shooting into the game? I have only seen one other server implement the more "realistic" star wars shooting, which is that bullets don't have ballistics, and it is much more fun. They basically made it so that all blasters shoot that red blaster bolt, like the snipers, except that some of the heavier weapons have "recoil" and the damage the bolt does varies depending on the distance of the enemy.
    What MineWars players want:
    -Guilds
    -More quests (We wouldn't mind a boss battle)
    -More planets (Endor didn't have much to finish)
    -More conquest maps (When is scarif coming out?)
    -More weapons/vehicles (This includes star fighters)
    -Smuggler and Bounty Hunter

Last edited:

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    https://havocmc.net/threads/official-discord.2637/#post-23199
    Minewars players don't just want "ships", we want quests that are actually fun, new planets, and new conquest maps, the star fighters are just one of the smaller things that were promised to be added a long time ago. If you do /server mwtat-1 you will see in the announcement message that it says: Space Released, and at first everyone thinks that they have finally added space combat, but no, its just the bloody lobby, you can't even explore the entire place. Literally 90% of all the quests are go here and buy that, go here and kill that, go here and acquire that... Another thing that I don't understand is why they can not add more realistic shooting in mine wars, like killing players, with a blaster, isn't satisfying, why cant they just simply implement realistic star wars shooting into the game? I have only seen one other server implement the more "realistic" star wars shooting, which is that bullets don't have ballistics, and it is much more fun. They basically made it so that all blasters shoot that red blaster bolt, like the snipers, except that some of the heavier weapons have "recoil" and the damage the bolt does varies depending on the distance of the enemy.
    What MineWars players want:
    -Guilds
    -More quests (We wouldn't mind a boss battle)
    -More planets (Endor didn't have much to finish)
    -More conquest maps (When is scarif coming out?)
    -More weapons/vehicles (This includes star fighters)
    -Smuggler and Bounty Hunter

I agree especially with the quest thing. I stopped playing MineWars after it reset from the beta and didn't even bother trying again because half the quests are "go find this or buy it and bring it all the way back" again and again. All of those mentioned features seem pretty neat and I'd definitely go on the server to check them out if they were added in.

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    And rules for Staff themselves, And a support Skype!!!!!

To clarify there are rules for staff, however they're not currently public. I won't comment on making staff rules public as this is a SrMod+ decision, so you'll have to take it up with them.

Making a Support Skype isn't necessary, just use the Discord/TS3 servers (Teamspeak/Discord are more secure and less vulnerable to DDoS attacks).

- 7th

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    To clarify there are rules for staff, however they're not currently public. I won't comment on making staff rules public as this is a SrMod+ decision, so you'll have to take it up with them.

Making a Support Skype isn't necessary, just use the Discord/TS3 servers (Teamspeak/Discord are more secure and less vulnerable to DDoS attacks).

- 7th

Glad to see a staff member finally bring this up. I think a lot of players are feeling like the staff are acting above the law especially after recent events and hiring additions. Would be beneficial to everyone to see those staff rules because it'll help keep everyone in check.

I

IHaveInternet

While I understand players want staff to be very transparent as possible with them, I don't think the staff rules should be released to the public. If a player believes a staff member is "acting above the law", then that player should notify an admin+ immediately.

King_Kenjamin
    King_Kenjamin King_Kenjamin
    I definitely agree that the staff members are acting "above the law" but how should we know if they are or are not, if we do not know the rules by which they abide by? A lot of matters on this server are handled very poorly and not once have I seen an owner reply to public threads. There is no way of contacting the owner, as support tickets are just for player reports, payment issues, bug reports, and punishment appeals. There is no support tickets for contacting the owners or admins. I was playing Havoc Horizons the other day and Jewish Bagel cleared my entire inventory because a random player gave me keys that were apparently duped. I had no idea they were duped, and he cleared my entire inventory - including a ridiculously hard to come by Diamond Axe, and Diamond Pickaxe. I told him to stop and he said "don't tell me how to run my job" - The admins are extremely rude and abuse their powers. I personally think that this causes a lot of players to be frustrated With the server which causes a lot of people to quit. Some of the major decisions on the server are made without the communities’ belief being taken into account. I understand that some decisions are private, but the staff need to take into account what their community wants.

Baked.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic

- 7th
    No, Discord and team speak are terrible. I go on after I get banned and 3 staff members feel the need to all come one and have a go at me, You need one on one time with a staff member that listens. As soon as I go into staff help room its a gamble. Staff rules need to be changed, followed and public.

Knightas

Legend
    Knightas
    Knightas Knightas
    No, Discord and team speak are terrible. I go on after I get banned and 3 staff members feel the need to all come one and have a go at me, You need one on one time with a staff member that listens. As soon as I go into staff help room its a gamble. Staff rules need to be changed, followed and public.
    were is the staff help room

Jirache

Mythical
    Jirache
    Jirache Jirache
    - Cut down the map: Nick has already mentioned doing this.
    What about the players who enjoy the big map? The smaller map is meant to benefit PvPers, so I suggest that of the two servers, the PvP one gets the smaller map, while the non-pvp server gets the big map.

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    What about the players who enjoy the big map? The smaller map is meant to benefit PvPers, so I suggest that of the two servers, the PvP one gets the smaller map, while the non-pvp server gets the big map.

Not as in cut down the number of places or buildings necessarily/something like that but just cut down the amount of forests and grasslands. That would make it easier for players in both PvP and Non-PvP to access different areas.

Jirache

Mythical
    Jirache
    Jirache Jirache
    Not as in cut down the number of places or buildings necessarily/something like that but just cut down the amount of forests and grasslands. That would make it easier for players in both PvP and Non-PvP to access different areas.
    I know. But some of us like the realism of the big map. Being able to get to Alexandria from Atlanta shouldn't take one minute of running. It would take awhile irl so some of us like that it tries to take time, as in make us feel as though we were really in TWD.

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    To anyone else looking to make a response, please keep in mind that this thread was intended to address a number of concerns and ideas as opposed to strictly staff-player conflicts.

BenSmart112

Mythical
    BenSmart112
    BenSmart112 BenSmart112
    If anything, add side effects such as nausea and slowness from overdosing on painkillers.
    Requested alot, should've been implemented long ago.
    Bring back infinite money:
    Everyone has inf nowadays
    Just leave jugg: Jugg is jugg.
    Either jugg has been downgraded far too much or guns have become WAAY too op. Now anything can rip right through jugg. It's just so different.
    Crates: Keep crates as they are on regular TMD but create a new class of crates (that cost 7.5-10k skulls) for the five-slot legendary crates on OP TMD.
    That'd be dope. Maybe that'd be a better reward for a thousandth vote crate than a rare crate.
    - Add skulls commands
    /skulls (name) (amt) [to pay], /skulls [shows balance]
    - Add more guns.
    So much support right now. These are reasonable changes that I agree with, and I think would benefit the server massively. The only thing is inf. I don't see why people get butthurt over 100k a day, and I think that because almost everyone has infinite money nowadays by some mysterious force, a limit is fine and dandy.