• IP Copied!
  • Parachutes.

_Lykke_

Mythical
    _Lykke_
    _Lykke_ _Lykke_
    it would be fun if you could bring parachutes into tmd like hn has when you spawn in the air. then you could jump off a building in atlanta on tmd and use your parachute to get down, only being able to pain and not shoot while parachuting. These parachutes should be rare, but it would be fun to have in wars.

Al_Cool

Champion
    Al_Cool
    Al_Cool Al_Cool
    I don't think this idea would fit TMD! Its an after apocalypse environment, where players run around ready to kill each others!
    The only reason why I would see someone using a parachute, as example in Atlanta, is in last resort, to escape a sure death. Even so, about me parachute should not be common, nor exist at all.

Since its not my decision, a reason to allow this add-on could be to replace a few glitch players used to escape a roof by jumping without dying.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    can we not go on about the server being "realistic"? It's in no way realistic. As a reminder:

we have riot gear which can survive two shots from a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

we have juggernaut armor which can survive 4.

we can consume 20 bottles of painkillers rapidly for health

we can jump on a bike midair to negate fall damage.

shotguns have a 10 foot range

assault rifles shoot at 500 rpm

motorcycles can survive numerous shots from a .50 caliber sniper rifle

you can buy infinite amounts of anything in safezones with infinite money

guns have no recoil

ya see what I mean

Al_Cool

Champion
    Al_Cool
    Al_Cool Al_Cool
    Not bad the idea xhypurr. Why not creating a topic on the matter?

Edit : Because I would like to leave some room for others, to talk about parachutes.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    it would be fun if you could bring parachutes into tmd like hn has when you spawn in the air. then you could jump off a building in atlanta on tmd and use your parachute to get down, only being able to pain and not shoot while parachuting. These parachutes should be rare, but it would be fun to have in wars.
    The tallest building in Atlanta isn't high enough to parachute off of. Also this has been suggested so many times I don't think they will add it.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    can we not go on about the server being "realistic"? It's in no way realistic. As a reminder:

we have riot gear which can survive two shots from a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

we have juggernaut armor which can survive 4.

we can consume 20 bottles of painkillers rapidly for health

we can jump on a bike midair to negate fall damage.

shotguns have a 10 foot range

assault rifles shoot at 500 rpm

motorcycles can survive numerous shots from a .50 caliber sniper rifle

you can buy infinite amounts of anything in safezones with infinite money

guns have no recoil

ya see what I mean
    I mean you have a fair point but I still bring realism up because why not?

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    The tallest building in Atlanta isn't high enough to parachute off of. Also this has been suggested so many times I don't think they will add it.
    the Werner building (the big gray circular one near CDC and apps) is definitely tall enough, and some others are pretty big too.

but still, drewey's right. Not practical enough.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    "because why not"

well that's just a little bit 'eh' but okay, sure.
    Why wouldn't I bring realism up? The server may not be realistic but they should atleast know what is real and what isn't. You wouldn't want someone to jump off the tallest building in Atlanta with a parachute only to splatter on the pavement. It's always good to know the facts.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    Why wouldn't I bring realism up? The server may not be realistic but they should atleast know what is real and what isn't. You wouldn't want someone to jump off the tallest building in Atlanta with a parachute only to splatter on the pavement. It's always good to know the facts.
    but this server, much of the time, doesn't go for it. That's what TMD realism is for. There are a trillion things in this game that are beyond physics, gravity, inertia, and any other applicable science law. The devs don't care. It's a game, simply put. Also, define "they should at least know what is real and what isn't". I'm a little confused there :)

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    the Werner building (the big gray circular one near CDC and apps) is definitely tall enough, and some others are pretty big too.

but still, drewey's right. Not practical enough.
    The tallest building in Atlanta is the Bank of America Plaza building standing at 1023 feet. The United States Parachute Association sets the minimum pack opening at 2000 feet. This height is for professional sky divers. Howevertechnically you could use a reserve parachute but it would be very risky. Considering it needs atleast 400 feet to open. However you are falling at a rate of 32 feet a second, meaninf. You have exactly 18 seconds to open your reserves parachute. So it is technically possible, but odds are you would fall to your death considering you don't know how to properly fold a parachute, also most people have no clue how to operate a parachute.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    There is a thick line between reality and fiction. You for example think it is possible to parachute off of the tallest building in Atlanta, and as I have explained it isn't. If someone doesn't draw that thick line between reality and fiction people will do stupid things and get hurt.
    for the fourth time now

people casually drive cars off of skyscrapers in buildings and eat 10 boxes of painkillers in a second.

Why in the hell would anyone besides people who <love> realism care? Answer: they wouldn't. They don't care about the "proper jump height", they don't care about the rate of descent. It's. A. Game. This isn't real life. This game has no (real) physics, no (real) logic, and that's what makes it fun. I'm not saying parachutes are necessarily a good idea- but it may be a replacement to hopping on a bike and running off with it.

If anyone is stupid enough to think a block game can be remotely compared in any way shape or form, they genuinely need to seek help. Do you think that me getting on a bike and driving off a building unscathed would work? No! Anyone that is able-bodied enough to play the game realizes that it's not real, but that's a part of what makes it fun.

~my 2 cents

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    for the fourth time now

people casually drive cars off of skyscrapers in buildings and eat 10 boxes of painkillers in a second.

Why in the hell would anyone besides people who <love> realism care? Answer: they wouldn't. They don't care about the "proper jump height", they don't care about the rate of descent. It's. A. Game. This isn't real life. This game has no (real) physics, no (real) logic, and that's what makes it fun. I'm not saying parachutes are necessarily a good idea- but it may be a replacement to hopping on a bike and running off with it.

If anyone is stupid enough to think a block game can be remotely compared in any way shape or form, they genuinely need to seek help. Do you think that me getting on a bike and driving off a building unscathed would work? No! Anyone that is able-bodied enough to play the game realizes that it's not real, but that's a part of what makes it fun.

~my 2 cents
    Meh you have a fair point, to be completely honest the only reason I really brought realism up is because realism is was the original goal of the server. Yes it is a game but they were originally trying to provide an authentic walking dead experience. So I always bring realism up and keep it in mind even though it doesn't matter anymore.

_Lykke_

Mythical
    _Lykke_
    _Lykke_ _Lykke_
    you guys fighting over what is realistic or not?. i bet you in hn that you are not over 2000 feet over the ground when you spawn in. it does not matter how high the buildings are, its a suggestion to a game. and back in 2014, you could build skybases with barricades. dont think thats realistic.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    you guys fighting over what is realistic or not?. i bet you in hn that you are not over 2000 feet over the ground when you spawn in. it does not matter how high the buildings are, its a suggestion to a game. and back in 2014, you could build skybases with barricades. dont think thats realistic.
    I literally already explained my reasoning behind it, read everything next time please.