• IP Copied!
  • ****phobic Ban

Yourgaycousin

Hello!

I can't seem to find the ban appeals on here so I'm going to make a forum post.

I was just recently banned by a mod named "TheJoeEnder" because of my username (Yourgaycousin). He called this a filter bypass where the rules say that I could be punished with a mute from anywhere from an hour to a day if I kept "swearing", however I was fully banned within ten minutes. Looking at the rules, if I were to be harassed by someone for being gay (which I am), they would be punished with a mute from 30 mins to 3 days. If i were to be consistently harassed by this person they could receive a 3 month ban to a permanent ban. My problem is that somehow my name earned me the same sentence as a vindictive ****phobe, despite that not even being a punishment for my offense.

I was told by the "TheJoeEnder" that I had two options yet he never told me what those were before he banned me. I understand that gay is considered a swear word by the server's filter, but I sincerely hope you can understand why gay is not a bad word (and the underlying ****phobia in the belief that it is). I am a gay man who has experienced ****phobia in real life, online, and even on this server; the swear filter and mods did nothing to protect me. I never thought I would get banned by I server I seriously enjoyed playing since 2017, and possibly earlier, because of my name and identity. I hope the server reconsiders what is a swear and lets me play again, aside from this one instance I have never caused any problems before.

Despite all the stuff I've been through, this really hurt as I love this server a lot and always come back to it when I decide to play minecraft. Thank you to the people who stood up for me in the chat and to those who read this, I hope you have a great day.

Best,
    Gus, who is PROUD to be Yourgaycousin

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    You've been unbanned - sorry about that. If someone harassed you for being gay the punishment would/should be a permanent ban - it's very difficult/impossible to make and outline rules that cover all situations, the punishments listed there don't really mean anything. Additionally, we don't filter "gay" because we believe it is a bad word, but because having it not filtered will enable people to use it as a derogatory term or in other ways not in line with our rules. Thanks for being a loyal player!

Nick

Yourgaycousin

You've been unbanned - sorry about that. If someone harassed you for being gay the punishment would/should be a permanent ban - it's very difficult/impossible to make and outline rules that cover all situations, the punishments listed there don't really mean anything. Additionally, we don't filter "gay" because we believe it is a bad word, but because having it not filtered will enable people to use it as a derogatory term or in other ways not in line with our rules. Thanks for being a loyal player!

Nick
    Thank you so much!! I love the work you do with this server, have a good one!

Best,
    Gus

Yourgaycousin

Hey Nick,

I hate to do this, but I was banned again by Formulator. Can I get banned for my username, because this is the third time it has happened? First time by TheJoeEnder, second by starxvii, and now formulator who isn't even listed as staff?? Thanks.

Yourgaycousin

It’s so annoying to because this is the first time it’s been an issue. After the third time I changed my username because I feel bad telling the higher ups (since it’s usually new mods who ban me). I’m just very frustrated :(

Filua

you have a right to be fustrated. as sometimes newer mods can sometimes be jerks i feel you. i used to be gay im still 13 but when i was 10 i was gay and it was the best thing i had experienced in my life but then stuff happened bullys came and stuff was said and i had choosen to take a break from dating. i suport you all the way be who, and what you want to be in life you only life once so make it worth it!