• IP Copied!
  • Possible features and updates.

Stegerain

Hello everyone. Hope everyone had a nice holiday and New Year's. I am aware I have brought this up before, however what I had suggested was declined instantly. So hopefully these get at least taken into consideration. And I am suggesting that some or most of these can be used on PvP, TMDC, and PvE. Bringing back and adding features like horses, broken limbs, amputation, ghillie armor, silencers and suppressors on guns, some stuff you can craft such as bombs, bases, tools to break into bases, raids, you can actually carry a backpack, night vision goggles, gun jamming, more medical supplies, sleeping bags, you can tie people up, nukes (No not to blow up a city, but like a very small radius), guns can be heard for quite some distance, depending on the gun ofc, better sounding infected (no offense), vehicles need fuel, radioactive areas, fishing, you can only have 1 primary and 1 secondary in your hot bar, you have to actually open cans; can openers, there is a time to pick up your weapon. Ofc majority of this would be for PvE, but some stuff could be in PvP and TMDC also. I'd suggest having the single TMDC server like the old one perhaps? PvP could be like a total different game mode. For that you could have actual like gangs for instance. Make it maybe like after a nuclear war. Hence the nuke and base raid suggestions. I'm not expecting ALL of them to happen right away, but maybe in the future we have a nice big update or some small updates where this happens. Why I'm saying these should be added now is because I know TMDC and PvP were going to be updated, however I know that has yet to happen. Of course, PvE is for realism. So, bringing back something from the old days and changing PvP completely would be a great idea. And as a future bonus, maybe bring back HellNight, Map Maker, and of course, MineWars.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    Please fix your formatting in the future, super hard post to read. That being said, here are my opinions on each of these, sorted by how good they are in my opinion.

Good
    • Amputation - Used to be in the game, don’t know why it was removed.
    • Radioactive Areas - Would be interesting to see, maybe something like a Jumping potion effect, while also having a slow Poison effect at the same time while inside of it.
    • Fishing - Also used to be a thing, you could find nets around the map and catch fish, and cook them with coal you found in chests. Would be cool to see its return.
    Average
    • Ghillie Suits - Good idea on paper, but would be pretty useless because of F3 + B.
    • Broken Limbs - Would be obsolete because of Amputation.
    • Bombs - Already exist in the form of Grenades.
    • Silencers - Also a good idea on paper, but pretty useless since guns aren’t that loud.
    • Bases - Barricades exist, as well as barbed wire also really no reason to make a full on player built base. You’re better off using an abandoned building somewhere around the map.
    Bad
    • Horses - Used to be in the game, but they were worse in every way to cars.
    • Night Vision Goggles - Its not that hard to see during the night, you can just turn your brightness up, and Flashlights are already a thing.
    • Gun Jamming - Would really just be annoying and thats it.
    • More Meds - There is already 5 medical items. There is no reason for more.
    • Sleeping Bags - Might have a place if it was a single player game, but since it isn’t there is zero reason for sleeping bags.
    • Tying People Up - Would be super useless. If you can tie them up, you might as well just kill them.
    • Nukes - Nukes are meant for blowing up cities, so I assume you mean dynamite. Even then, it would have no place in the game.
    • Gas - This originally was going to be a feature, but it was scraped because no one really wants that.
    • 1 Primary Weapon - This is an open world exploring game, not a battle royale. A limit would honestly kill the server.
    • Can Openers - Bad filler item. Also, in real life, cans usually have a little tab on them so you can open them w/o a can opener.
    • Better Sounding Infected - Idk what you mean, I’m assuming you mean better zombie noises. I don’t get the problem with them, they sound like zombies, so they’re fine.
    Also, further clarification on Raids, and the Backpack gimmick would be nice. I also have no idea what you’re on about the “there is a time to pick up your weapon,” that makes no sense.

Also, if you haven’t noticed, TMDC and TMDPVP are different gamemodes. Gangs also already exist in the form of teams, and have been around for years. Also, I don’t know if you’ve read or watched TWD, so just to let you know there is no Nuclear War, so it would make no sense to be a Nuclear Fallout gamemode.

Last thing, Map Maker is still here, why are you asking for it back when its up and running right now? Also, HN is still around, its just that nobody plays it anymore. And RIP MW

Stegerain

I can see your points and no doubt. I should clarify what I mean by raids and stuff. Raids would be for raiding someone's base. Or if bases don't become a thing, well this is where enemy npc's could become a thing and there is like a group; randomly sized of course, that you'd have to kill. What I mean by picking up the weapon is well, adding weight to the game with your gun. Ie: If it's like a pistol, it'd be under 1 second. Something heavy like a mini-gun, it'd take like 5 seconds. And yes, TMDC and PvP are different gamemodes, however PvP and TMDC update were in the works. And yes, I have watched TWD plenty of times, but PvP people want to go away from the realism. Hence why I was suggesting a total different gamemode. Plus they want a different map. Yes, Hell Night and Map Maker are around, but they're deader than ever.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    I think maybe raids could be reworked into Walker Hoards, which have been requested for a long time and probably wont be added due to lag.

Gun weight wouldn’t really be a good idea unless the developers decided to turn the server into a super realistic gamemode. There used to be TMD Realism, but no one played it and and it was removed, and thats the only mode it would even get close to fitting in.

A Fallout gamemode would be kinda cool, but I think it would struggle with players. Radioactive Zones make sense because of abandoned nuclear power plants and stuff like that.

The reason HN and MM are dead is because no one else plays them. Its outside of the developers control what happens, because the only way they will get popular again is if people start to play them.