• IP Copied!
  • Project- Modded TWD Server

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    Hello, I have became motivated after playing this server for over a year now to attempt to start my own TWD server. It would be a modded server with the flans mod, since I have no ides how to model guns and stuff. Don't worry staff, I will not steal any of the buildings. Ill get to the resource pack part later. Anyways, you will be able to find weapons and ammo in chests around the map. Its the crafting dead, but better. Sadly no pain killer spamming and stuff, cuz that's stealing and idk how to code those in and it would make the server kinda more boring. Instead, medpacks FTW lol.

More information/questions
    -Staff team, I would like an apocalypse like resource pack to go along with my map. Since there aren't that many good ones, can I use this resource pack? I will put signs giving the info about who made the resource pack. Please? cuz I cant start building till I know for sure.

Release date?- If this goes well, it should be released anywhere from 5-12 months from now, I really don't know. It might never even be completed, it depends on how well it is going.

Advertising?- I will not advertise the server on here, since that is cheap and against the rules. However, progress videos and stuff may be made on my channel, so look out for those.

I am not trying to create a better tmd or a knock off tmd, I am just trying to make another TWD server that people can play.

Thank you :)

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    Yt?? I wanna help cause i wanna do it just like you but i have no helps...
    Team iPanda, I haven't started it yet and I don't have skype AND I need to set up a server first xD
    so rip me, this will take a while xD

3sw

Titan
    3sw
    3sw 3sw
    Hello, I have became motivated after playing this server for over a year now to attempt to start my own TWD server. It would be a modded server with the flans mod, since I have no ides how to model guns and stuff. Don't worry staff, I will not steal any of the buildings. Ill get to the resource pack part later. Anyways, you will be able to find weapons and ammo in chests around the map. Its the crafting dead, but better. Sadly no pain killer spamming and stuff, cuz that's stealing and idk how to code those in and it would make the server kinda more boring. Instead, medpacks FTW lol.

More information/questions
    -Staff team, I would like an apocalypse like resource pack to go along with my map. Since there aren't that many good ones, can I use this resource pack? I will put signs giving the info about who made the resource pack. Please? cuz I cant start building till I know for sure.

Release date?- If this goes well, it should be released anywhere from 5-12 months from now, I really don't know. It might never even be completed, it depends on how well it is going.

Advertising?- I will not advertise the server on here, since that is cheap and against the rules. However, progress videos and stuff may be made on my channel, so look out for those.

I am not trying to create a better tmd or a knock off tmd, I am just trying to make another TWD server that people can play.

Thank you :)
    No offense, but I believe this project will fail due to the following:
    • People will say it's a knockoff.
    • No unique aspects.
    • Current TMD is going to attract more attention.
    • You need a developer to even think about this.
    • From your post, it looks like you're very new to making servers.
    If you want to try to attract some attention, try these tips:
    • Get a developer, along with custom plugins.
    • Use Bungeecord, much more professional.
    • Don't copy TMD, you won't beat the competition (this includes resource packs
    I'd say, unless you actually have experience with servers, and can manage/create a professional one, try sticking to creating something more simple, such as Factions.... However the problem is, Factions isn't unique whatsoever, there's thousands of Factions servers out there, why come to YOURS? Not to be rude, but you need to think like a businessman, you need to hire people to work on your server for money, to produce even more money, etc. You also need to see yourself in a position of a regular player, what's gonna be so good about your server that makes it better from all the other ones, or how are you going to entertain your players so that they don't get bored and leave in a few minutes....

Not to let you down, but if you think you can be proper competition for HavocMC, then I believe you're in doubt. You'll find it very hard to find someone who will write up ALL node permissions for everyone on the server for free. A lot of money goes into a server, and quite frankly if you don't put that money in, you won't get anything out of it in return. Me personally, I've ran many servers but I've never came across a successful one, there's a lot of history between me and servers... my experience with setting one up is amazing, however there's not much you can do to make it unique without developers creating unique plugins. Also, please, creating a server with grammatical or punctuation errors everywhere will literally get no-one online.

Last edited: