• IP Copied!
  • Proposals for TMD

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    A lot of unrest has come out of the recent update, and these are suggestions that I propose for the betterment of HavocMC's TMD. Many new features have been added and compromises are needed to keep both players and staff members happy. Out of all the idiotic and pointless posts about the update, this is the only one worth reading.

1. Completely OR partially remove juggernaut armor.
    Many of us know about the "remove jugg" movement that spread through the forums and in many TMD servers, but there has been no real addressing to this issue. As it stands, wearing juggernaut armor simply changes the hearts of a player (as far as I know). The reason to have an unrealistic feature in the game that has no connection to the Walking Dead has never been well supported. Just nerfing juggernaut armor does not help the cause and adding too many regulations (pain cooldown, less hearts, etc) does not solve the problem. It's unrealistic, unnecessary, and only disrupts the gameplay of many players. I understand the controversy of this solution, but it is necessary to shift TMD into a more realistic state. Right now would be the prime time to do this as very few people currently have juggernaut armor.

Alternative: If anything, the server should only be allowing juggernaut chest plates and boots.

2. Shorten the painkiller cooldown and/or add side effects.
    The long painkiller cooldown is just unnecessary. It's like having an imaginary probation officer at your side. People are also just resorting to medkits. However, both of these should have side effects such as nausea, blindness, etc. depending on the usage/frequency.

Alternative:
    Remove painkillers completely. It's not realistic.

3. Slow down the hunger rate.
    In reality, the average human surviving a zombie apocalypse does not need to consume a baked potato every two minutes. The thirst levels are reasonable, but hunger has been changed to an unreasonable rate. One option is to change it to how it was before. Another way of helping the problem is to experiment with the current hunger rate and adjust /feed and /needs cooldowns to match with the rate of hunger.

I do realize this may have to do with the game mode difficulty or what not, but the HavocMC team is surely smart enough to work their way around this issue.

4. Either lower store prices or change the infinite money gap to $___.___.
    To better explain the argument, here is a list of the in-game store prices.

ARMOR: Leather: $900/set. Military: $1600/set. Riot: $5000/set.

AMMO (for 1): Pistol $100, Shotgun $10, SMG $300, Assault $400,Sniper $500, LMG $500, Bolt $50, RPG $350.

MEDICAL: Medpack $20, Painkiller $250, Antibiotic $2500, Prosthetic Leg $300.

GUNS: Tier 1 $200 - $1500, Tier 2 $400 - $2500, Tier 3 $700 - $1500, Tier 4 $1000 - $3000, Special $2000.

MELEES: $300 - $2250

EXPLOSIVES: Grenade $250, Molotov $250.

FOOD: Apple $50, Bread $100, Canned Beans/Soup $150, Carrot $75, Baked Potato $150, Cooked Meat $200, Water Bottle $100.

When you compare all of these prices to other ones, sometimes it just doesn't make sense. Two antibiotics can equal an entire set of riot armor, a sledge hammer costs more than a set of military-grade gear, a steak is about the same price as a grenade, and more. Also, the food prices are absolutely too high with or without the current hunger rate. I would suggest that the staff go into each item sold at safe zones and try to make the prices more realistic and reasonable.

If store prices remain the same, however, the infinite money cap should be set at $350,000. This is enough for at least 10 sets of riot each with a barrett and a spas, and money for additional things.

5. Fix the entire teaming system and add a few new features.
    It'd be nice if the teaming system was finally fixed. I know this was discussed heavily before and it's about time for it to be fixed.

NEW IDEAS –––––
    Team Bank/Fund: would create a team funds bank where the owner(s) would have ultimate rights to determine what permissions will be allowed, the owner(s) could set it so that either (or neither) members, trusted members or admins could withdraw a certain amount from the team bank each day, deposit unlimited amounts of money. This would help team members gear during wars without having to have an admin or owner use /pay each time.

Team Taxing: for the ruthless team leaders or those who simply want the team to contribute and support by showing a sign of loyalty; would be charged each day, week, or month. Also encourages inactive players to either be more active or leave teams.

Team Sub-Teams: this could be used to create different sectors or departments of the team such as the admin plus members, trial members, players who are new to the team, or players who are undergoing examination to fully join the team; the owner(s) could set /team chat permissions to either enable or disable certain sub-team chats from being able to be read by other sub-teams.

Team Rank Customizations: teams should be able to create names for their own ranks and number of ranks. There could be a limit on the number of different ranks and etc.

Team Chat Sharing: This could be useful for sharing chats with allies during wars.

6. Rather than having to find broken vehicles, allow vehicle parts to be crafted into vehicles directly and have vehicles spawn around the map in certain locations.
    I know a lot of the updating and changes have been due to wanting to make the entire TMD game more realistic and based on surviving. Usually, when Rick wants to drive a car, he doesn't take a bag full of tires and engines and attach them onto a broken car. He finds a car and drives it until it runs out of gas. Mechanical parts should be able to be crafted into vehicles and vehicles should also be spawning randomly across the map. And when you break them, they should drop.

7. Increase the amount and quality of loot found in bags.
    A lot of the time, when you open bags, the best loot you can find is an empty water bottle or some screwdriver and scissors. There should be more items able to be found in the bags as well as better ones. This would encourage people to go out and explore the map rather than sticking to the Four Roses and CDC all day. Better loot means more fun.

8. Add more food sources/options and more mobs (credit: MonFierre).
    New mobs that could be added include rats and birds. These could be important food sources during a zombie apocalypse. The current options for food are sort of limited, and although I realize this is simply an extra detail, it would be worth considering after everything else is finished and fixed. Different potions could also be beverages such as coffee or the infamous orange soda.

9. Add the CDC elevator.
    Just add the elevator again. It'd be nice.

10. Merge the PvP and Non-PvP servers into either two OR four separate servers.
    The PvP servers should be combined into one or two PvP servers and the same for the Non-PvP servers. This would help the maps feel less empty and more playable. It may be a bit laggy, but with bigger safe zones and a larger map, this should not be too much of an issue?

11. (EDITED) Add vehicles/more cash rewards to crates, change wording of legendary crates on the shop ("unlimited money" -> better words, prevent complaints), and add more weapons.
    -
    The HavocMC team is under a lot of pressure from its players, and I want to remind the staff that we truly appreciate your steps to create a better experience for all players. To the builders, phenomenal job on the new map. Keep up the great work.

For anyone who wishes to respond to each one of these specifically, I will make it convenient for you by providing a copy and paste number list below:

(On a side note, it'd be nice if the Christmas contest got finished judging).

Last edited:

Bean_Soup

1. Removing Jugg armour will result in a huge change in the play-style of the game, arguably bigger than the "painkillers" update. The only reason I would support this argument would be because the Jugg helmet looks insanely ugly. It is also not fair that the Helmet and Boots can be only obtained through voting crates/ normal crates, since that means people who simply play to have fun won't get any thill in obtaining jugg armour, unless they accomplish the hard task of fighting a jugg-ed individual.

2. I don't believe they should simply remove the painkiller cool down and leave it be. It's outrageous since painkillers are stackable. Every time you spam painkillers, you should get more slowness, nausea, weakness, etc. If you blow more than half a stack in less than 10 seconds, you should get withering effects for a short time, as an "Overdose". I think that medkits should be stackable, and should have a cool down since in real life they are closed boxes containing medical supplies. it makes more sense to make a cool down for that.

3. I've recently ran an experiment where I had my alt, (who's a survivor) run around prison looting different bags while my main account (who's an immortal) stand still for 5 minutes. after the run was over I realized that my survivor account only lost 1.5 hunger while my Immortal account lost 4. They were wearing the same armor (full riot) so there was no way that it had to do with what they were wearing. If this is true then it would explain why survivors don't really complain much about hunger while the ranked players do alot. This is also outrageous since this means that the staff has been keeping this HUGE disadvantage from us. Valv- I mean Staff, pls fix

4. No comment. I completely agree with everything you've said.

5. Although this is amazing, it will confuse the **** out of new players who simply came in a few days ago. It will take forever for them to get used to the new team system, as /team help wouldn't be much help since they can only give brief descriptions for every command. Although some of these new features would be great, some of them are simply for cosmetic reasons and I don't believe it should play a huge role in the teams system, as it was simply originally created for the simple purpose of no friendly fire.

6. It is my personal belief that cars should have infinite health until the owner of the vehicle decides to break it. Instead, the car health should be dependent on how much "gas" it has left. The less hearts, the less percentage of gas the car has until it stops. The only way to refuel it would be "Abraham's face" which doesn't look like Jerry can, and/or different gas stations in different parts of the map, and once the car's in its area the health or "gas percent" would rise up.

7. No comment. I completely agree with everything you've said.

8. I don't see how birds would be a useful food source since they're comparatively very small and would be hard to hunt. Rats would be great since I've heard that Atlanta's getting or already has gotten a new sewer system. Hostile rats and hunting them for food would be a great and hopefully welcome addition.

9. #BringBackElevatorMusic

10. The different servers were originally for players who couldn't be able to join the original server they want since they're full. I do agree that 7 servers are a bit overkill.

11. I'd LOVE if they would bring 2 more commands for everyone to use, which is /ignore and /afk.
    /ignore [player] would be able to disregard anything the person who gets affected says in chat or /msg. If a person tries to /msg a player who /ignored them, they would get a notification stating that they've been ignored. This would be great against people who swear-bypass and people who constantly /msg spam you when you kill them.
    /afk would inform anyone who /msgs you that you are currently afk and may take a while to respond. /afk shouldn't be announced since that may lead to some people spamming it. The moment you move, the /afk command is over and your friends will be able to be /msging you again without getting the notification. If you don't move or don't say anything in chat over a certain amount of time, you should become afk until you move again.

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    i'd suggest when they add the elevator back, they add the music back too. it was so funny when you would be on you'r way down to slaughter some people, and the music is playing...

EDIT: oh, and also if its not there, add the tank that was at the cdc back. ( the one that could actually shoot )

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    3. I've recently ran an experiment where I had my alt, (who's a survivor) run around prison looting different bags while my main account (who's an immortal) stand still for 5 minutes. after the run was over I realized that my survivor account only lost 1.5 hunger while my Immortal account lost 4. They were wearing the same armor (full riot) so there was no way that it had to do with what they were wearing. If this is true then it would explain why survivors don't really complain much about hunger while the ranked players do alot. This is also outrageous since this means that the staff has been keeping this HUGE disadvantage from us. Valv- I mean Staff, pls fix
    Hunger (saturation) has been bugged on most of the TMD servers and is being fixed. We did not make it so ranked players lose more hunger.
    the builders map sucks
    linkofeare atlanta is to big you got to go into 1.9 to open iron doors seriously builders i would prefer the old tmd i dont see the point in car parts they look the damn same without parts
    Be respectful. The builders worked incredibly hard on the new map and I'm pretty sure they don't appreciate you trashing it. Constructive criticism is fine, just don't say "the builders map sucks".

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    the builders map sucks
    linkofeare atlanta is to big you got to go into 1.9 to open iron doors seriously builders i would prefer the old tmd i dont see the point in car parts they look the damn same without parts
    That's why I suggested #10.

Bean_Soup

Hunger (saturation) has been bugged on most of the TMD servers and is being fixed. We did not make it so ranked players lose more hunger.

Be respectful. The builders worked incredibly hard on the new map and I'm pretty sure they don't appreciate you trashing it. Constructive criticism is fine, just don't say "the builders map sucks".
    In most of my comments about the current map, I started off with congratulating the builders on such an amazing job. It must have taken so much time to create. However that doesn't automatically shield them from any criticism whatsoever. The current map is way to big to be even viable to pvp, the compass system makes it so that if you /play you don't know where you are unless you get lucky and end up in some well-known location, using cars are out of the question since I know many people who would rather walk than potentially lose their hard-earned vehicle, and many other complaints. to be honest, we have to admit that the map is simply way too large to be even played with on a player vs player scale. I know the server is now aiming-shooting for realism here but the most unrealistic part of this "realism update" is the idea of a "real map"

I

IHaveInternet

I saw a post on the forums saying we should view painkillers as health pots on a kitpvp server which makes sense, therefore my viewpoint has changed and the cooldown should be shortened. I feel as if painkillers were to get removed then that would cause less pvp action to take place. I don't pvp much and when I do it is usually on Hell Night with my friends so there's not really much I can say on the topic.