• IP Copied!
  • Question about server rules

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    Hi, I had a question about the rules that I'm hoping someone can answer. I was told that swearing in-game is a mute-able offense, however on the rules page the only rule about inappropriate chat is described as anything ******** explicit. So my question is, if one were to swear without the intent to circumvent the filter, would that be a mute-able offense?

Thanks!

KNOXsooKID

Titan
    KNOXsooKID
    KNOXsooKID KNOXsooKID
    I agree with you partially but there it also states that, depending on the situation, staff can mute for anything that is necessarily muteable.

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    UnknownMelody UnknownMelody
    Swearing is not punishable as long as the filter catches it. However, if you are swearing in a disrespectful way or with intent to hurt/harm another player, that is punishable. I'll post an example below with swear words as ***** because that is how the filter would change it.
    Not punishable: I just *****ing died.
    Punishable: You *****ing idiot. You are so *****ing stupid.
    I hope I helped clear this up. :)

KNOXsooKID

Titan
    KNOXsooKID
    KNOXsooKID KNOXsooKID
    Swearing is not punishable as long as the filter catches it. However, if you are swearing in a disrespectful way or with intent to hurt/harm another player, that is punishable. I'll post an example below with swear words as ***** because that is how the filter would change it.
    What she said

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Your example of muteable phrases sounds like how people talk to me irl :p
    Hi, I had a question about the rules that I'm hoping someone can answer. I was told that swearing in-game is a mute-able offense, however on the rules page the only rule about inappropriate chat is described as anything ******** explicit. So my question is, if one were to swear without the intent to circumvent the filter, would that be a mute-able offense?

Thanks!
    Some words that could be qualified as "swearing" are not caught by the chat filter, so just avoid saying anything that might trigger a 5 year old's parental figure. Also, some staff will still give you a chat warning even if the filter catches it, so just another reason to avoid swearing :p

KNOXsooKID

Titan
    KNOXsooKID
    KNOXsooKID KNOXsooKID
    Your example of muteable phrases sounds like how people talk to me irl :p

Some words that could be qualified as "swearing" are not caught by the chat filter, so just avoid saying anything that might trigger a 5 year old's parental figure. Also, some staff will still give you a chat warning even if the filter catches it, so just another reason to avoid swearing :p
    Ya I just realized that when I said it earlier "what she said" lol. Also, armen is right sometimes it doesn't always catch them. Mackiee warned me for saying "fk" in chat trying to type a players name "flqmo" , it was a misunderstanding and corrected I think. So just be careful it doesn't happen.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Ya I just realized that when I said it earlier "what she said" lol. Also, armen is right sometimes it doesn't always catch them. Mackiee warned me for saying "fk" in chat trying to type a players name "flqmo" , it was a misunderstanding and corrected I think. So just be careful it doesn't happen.
    Same happened here, but mine was in team chat (only 2 other Ducibus members were online) so idk why it would have been a problem if
    A: only 2 other people were supposed to see it (the only people who should have been able to see team chat)
    B: was caught by chat filter
    C: I was told not to bypass, but filter caught it and after I saw it was blocked I said "didn't know that was blocked" and got muted for bypass ;-;

I fixed it though :p

KNOXsooKID

Titan
    KNOXsooKID
    KNOXsooKID KNOXsooKID
    Same happened here, but mine was in team chat (only 2 other Ducibus members were online) so idk why it would have been a problem if
    A: only 2 other people were supposed to see it (the only people who should have been able to see team chat)
    B: was caught by chat filter
    C: I was told not to bypass, but filter caught it and after I saw it was blocked I said "didn't know that was blocked" and got muted for bypass ;-;

I fixed it though :p
    I bet that was fun! I did however get muted for 30mins for saying something really awkwardly funny about a YouTube who's on the server xD.