• IP Copied!
  • Spam: The Ultimate Guide

Mr__Potatoes

Mythical
    PresAlexWhit
    PresAlexWhit PresAlexWhit
    Spam is referenced through-out the forums. The actual definition of spam is, "a canned meat product made mainly from ham", but we will talk about the other kind of spam, "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients". Spam is considered bad for several reasons:
    1. Unwanted messages shown through-out a thread.
    2. Notifications are shown to people apart of the conversation.
    3. Click bait threads wasting people's time.
    4. Boosting posts, making it seem they are very active.
    5. etc. etc.
    The size of the post doesn't matter too much in the overall spamming. Small posts are considered spam if used in an unwanted manner. Spammers use small posts to annoy or increase posts. Small messages like, "How's your day?" is not spam itself because it is not random, unlike, "ASGvaavgrvAEGABbhRT".

Make sure your post is necessary to the thread. If you have an idea that does not pertain to the thread go to on where it does or keep it to yourself. If there is a thread about cake and you talk about cars, you are considered spamming. If you want to talk about cars, go to a thread that does or create a new thread.

"I would hesitate from calling anyone on the forums "spammy", but make sure you're contributing something to a thread when you make a post. Threads are meant to be discussions and should have meaningful input. Don't just post for the heck of it. Example of "Spammy": Having 10 posts on a thread that are all 1-2 sentences and contribute very little to the thread's topic. That's when it starts to look like post-boosting. - 7th"

If you would like to add something to your previous post, just edit it. Just note, when you edit, people don't receive your edit as a notification. Also, when talking to someone or referring to something they said, use the reply button. This makes that user receive a notification that someone has replied to them.

If I missed something, comment it. And If I helped, like this thread. Just don't spam. :D

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Spam is referenced through-out the forums. The actual definition of spam is, "a canned meat product made mainly from ham", but we will talk about the other kind of spam, "irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients". Spam is considered bad for several reasons:
    1. Unwanted messages shown through-out a thread.
    2. Notifications are shown to people apart of the conversation.
    3. Click bait threads wasting people's time.
    4. Boosting posts, making it seem they are very active.
    5. etc. etc.
    The size of the post doesn't matter too much in the overall spamming. Small posts are considered spam if used in an unwanted manner. Spammers use small posts to annoy or increase posts. Small messages like, "How's your day?" is not spam itself because it is not random, unlike, "ASGvaavgrvAEGABbhRT".

Make sure your post is necessary to the thread. If you have an idea that does not pertain to the thread go to on where it does or keep it to yourself. If there is a thread about cake and you talk about cars, you are considered spamming. If you want to talk about cars, go to a thread that does or create a new thread.

"I would hesitate from calling anyone on the forums "spammy", but make sure you're contributing something to a thread when you make a post. Threads are meant to be discussions and should have meaningful input. Don't just post for the heck of it. Example of "Spammy": Having 10 posts on a thread that are all 1-2 sentences and contribute very little to the thread's topic. That's when it starts to look like post-boosting. - 7th"

If you would like to add something to your previous post, just edit it. Just note, when you edit, people don't receive your edit as a notification. Also, when talking to someone or referring to something they said, use the reply button. This makes that user receive a notification that someone has replied to them.

If I missed something, comment it. And If I helped, like this thread. Just don't spam. :D

Staph XD

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme

some people disable certain notifications (being quoted is one of the ones that can be disabled) so don't think everyone will receive a notification. quoting is just a good way to show what your talking about. and plz use edit button guys ;-;

Mr__Potatoes

Mythical
    PresAlexWhit
    PresAlexWhit PresAlexWhit
    I feel like this whole thread was directed at me
    Well, it wasn't. It was to inform everyone on how to avoid spam and how to identify it. I'm sorry but, IMO if you think the thread about spam is talking about you, you must be spamming the forums. And if the WHOLE thread is about you, than you must be a can of spam.

Last edited:

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    IMG_0391.PNG
    Well, it wasn't. It was to inform everyone on how to avoid spam and how to identify it. I'm sorry but, IMO if you think the thread about spam is talking about you, you must be spamming the forums. And if the WHOLE thread is about you, than you must be a can of spam.

I am spam (the ham thing)

-spam