• IP Copied!
  • The 15 Player Minimum on Hell Night

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno
    If you were there in that fateful lobby where we were waiting for people to show up for once, I made a promise that I was going to post something concerning this.

@49ersfan77 you know what I am talking about ;)

Before I start, I just want to ask kindly: Why do we have the 15 player minimum setup? I'm sure if someone can give me an explanation, I would understand. Otherwise, I've had enough!

It's been MONTHS since I've been in a Hell Night game, mainly because we've had to wait for 15 people to join. Sometimes, we have 10 people. Others times, we get 14. And sometimes, we get 5.

I'm not the only one irritated by this and it's been a pain in the ****. I miss it when I used to play every time I went in the lobby. Now, I wait... and wait... and for months I've kept my patience. But, TODAY! Today, I MADE A PROMISE!!!!

With Respect,
    xWolf_Gunslinger

Last edited:

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    The 15 minimum allows for some actual fights. If there were any less players, it'd end too quick. Also, the map would be too big for any group less than 13.

49ersfan77

Mythical
    49ersfan77
    49ersfan77 49ersfan77
    If you were there in that fateful lobby where we were waiting for people to show up for once, I made a promise that I was going to post something concerning this.

@49ersfan77 you know what I am talking about ;)

Before I start, I just want to ask kindly: Why do we have the 15 player minimum setup? I'm sure if someone can give me an explanation, I would understand. Otherwise, I've had enough!

It's been MONTHS since I've been in a Hell Night game, mainly because we've had to wait for 15 people to join. Sometimes, we have 10 people. Others times, we get 14. And sometimes, we get 5.

I'm not the only one irritated by this and it's been a pain in the ****. I miss it when I used to play every time I went in the lobby. Now, I wait... and wait... and for months I've kept my patience. But, TODAY! Today, MADE A PROMISE!!!!

With Respect,
    xWolf_Gunslinger
    I agree. I definetely think that the player amount needs to be lowered to like 10. I understand the map is big, but then maybe the map may need to be reduced due to the lack of players on Hell Night recently. However, I think the player limit definetely has to be adjusted because recently it has been so hard to get a game to start D:

Guys okay so I think its fair rn. The thing is simple if they make it so theres no limit people will go on when theres no people on hell night and log on with there alts and make it so they get easy legendary crates for nothin. 15 limit seems fair, anyways its soon summer time so I think more people will come on

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    The 15 minimum allows for some actual fights. If there were any less players, it'd end too quick. Also, the map would be too big for any group less than 13.

Could we compromise, perhaps?

I get where you are coming from, @Cat_Squirrel_Inc . Is there any way at all that we could lower the 15 player minimum enough so that there are enough players, but not too much so that we don’t have to wait? Or is there a way that we could advertise Hell Night more noticeably?

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Nobody wants to win a 1v1 game, people will then have sham wins...keep it 15+ at least so hell night will be an actual competition.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Could we compromise, perhaps?

I get where you are coming from, @Cat_Squirrel_Inc . Is there any way at all that we could lower the 15 player minimum enough so that there are enough players, but not too much so that we don’t have to wait? Or is there a way that we could advertise Hell Night more noticeably?
    If we lower the minimum, we minimize the map.

Edit: or make the fog move a LOT quicker

49ersfan77

Mythical
    49ersfan77
    49ersfan77 49ersfan77

Edit: or make the fog move a LOT quicker
    Guys okay so I think its fair rn. The thing is simple if they make it so theres no limit people will go on when theres no people on hell night and log on with there alts and make it so they get easy legendary crates for nothin. 15 limit seems fair, anyways its soon summer time so I think more people will come on
    Nobody wants to win a 1v1 game, people will then have sham wins...keep it 15+ at least so hell night will be an actual competition.

The problem with 15 is a HN game almost never starts, especially recently. So, the max number of players is making the gamemode lose players. If the number is lessened, then more players will play and then the number can be raised back up to 15. But currently, hell night seems like it never gets 15 players so most people don't even bother trying to join anymore.

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Make it so HN has the ability to do 1v1’s and 2v2’s and so on. Like duals with kits like jugg, etc.

I like that idea.

I’d honestly choose to minimize the size map if that’s what it takes. However, I have a concern on the amount of effort as well.

If staff (builders) have to put in a lot (or too much) work for that to happen, then I’ll back down because the TMD map currently (and in future updates) must be really, really stressful, so I don’t want to do that to them.

If it’s a lot easier, then I believe that it should happen if the community agrees with this as well or if staff can go along with it because it is their final decision.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I like that idea.

I’d honestly choose to minimize the size map if that’s what it takes. However, I have a concern on the amount of effort as well.

If staff (builders) have to put in a lot (or too much) work for that to happen, then I’ll back down because the TMD map currently (and in future updates) must be really, really stressful, so I don’t want to do that to them.

If it’s a lot easier, then I believe that it should happen if the community agrees with this as well or if staff can go along with it because it is their final decision.
    With minimizing the map, we'd probably just make the borders of an existing location smaller, ya know?