• I have quit but I'm willing to come back for this event

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

MilkTeaser

Titan
    MilkTeaser
    MilkTeaser MilkTeaser
    My dear friends of the mining dead,

As alot of people might agree with me we miss some pvp action in the game.

I'd like to bring back the old pvp back for just one weekend a season.

So the idea is to organise a tourney; every winter, spring, summer and fall. I used to play this for the since

I know this project asks some work to realize, but I know this server is capable to do this and I'm sure this will be a succes! If it is there can even be more rounds added to double the amount of teams!

It will basically just be a kind of hellnight but in teams of 10 players, who will most likely be communicating by skype or teamspeak.

Some previews of games where the idea was realised:
    (I was the man of the match in this game)

Description:
    The tournament will be a single elimination style bracket. 4 matches of 4 teams each will compete with the winner of each match going on to the final round. Preliminaries and the Final match will have a 3 hour time limit. The only team remaining will move on to the finals. In the event, there is more than one team remaining at the time limit then the team with the most points (1 point per kill and 1 point for each surviving member) will be the finalist. The tab list will be used to determine the number of kills. The tournament champions will be the last team standing at the end of the final match.
    Dates:
    Preliminary matches will take place at set times on GMT Wednesday December 28th, 2016. The final match will be held on GMT Thursday December 29th, 2016. Time slots are set so when signing up please be sure you are choosing a time that is agreeable to your whole team.
    Times:
    Preliminary match times will be as follows:
    Preliminary Match 1: 4AM GMT Saturday [Month] [Date]
    Preliminary Match 2: 11AM GMT Saturday [Month] [Date]
    Preliminary Match 3: 3PM GMT Saturday [Month] [Date]
    Preliminary Match 4: 8PM GMT Saturday [Month] [Date]

In the event of an unplanned early game end during a preliminary less than 30 mins into match, if we are able to do a fair restart within 30 mins, we will restart. In the case that the time limit is reached, the team with the most points will be declared winner. In the case that there are two teams with the same amount of points, the team with more kills will be the winner.

Please be sure your team is ready to play and on correct team at start time. Matches will not be delayed or restarted for errors in team joining or coming in late. Players on the wrong team when the match starts will be kicked and forfeited from competition. If there is a problem with logins or some reason matches must be delayed or moved to a different server, details will be posted on forums so please watch those prior to your match if something seems to be wrong.
    Locations:
    All matches will take place MINING DEAD SERVER X. It will be whitelisted. It is the responsibility of participants to know what IP to go to and what team to join.

Preliminary Match 1: (winner will be Team 1 in finals)
    Preliminary Match 2: (winner be Team 2 in finals)
    Preliminary Match 3: (winner will be Team 3 in finals)
    Preliminary Match 4: (winner will be Team 4 in finals)
    Championship Match: (winner will obtain yellow mvp tag)
    Eligibility:
    Players in good standing can play in the tournament. Players who are banned, banned but appealing, or blocked from logging in for any reason at the time the match starts will not be able to play (This includes ban evasion and playing on an alternate account).
    Ban evasion will not be tolerated. Teams that are suspected of using banned players or otherwise ineligible players will be disqualified. The rules of Havocmc servers will apply so anyone that gets themselves banned in pre-game due to language, unapproved mods, or inappropriate skins/names etc. will forfeit their eligibility to compete. Teams that are short players at the start of the match will play shorthanded. Only players listed in the preliminaries may play in the finals and listed alternates only can be used as substitutes.

Warning:

Teams that contain an alternate Minecraft account where the main account is currently banned or already participating will be disqualified. Teams caught cheating will be disqualified. Alternate accounts are ok as long as it is not the alternate account of...

A] A player that is currently banned
    B] A player that is already participating in the tournament

How to register:
    In order to sign up, the captain must post a new thread members using the following format:

Thread subject: Team name, 1st Preliminary choice, 1st Team choice

Chosen time slot for Preliminary Match:
    Preferred Team # choice:
    Team Name:
    Player 1 <link to profile> <IGN>
    Player 2:
    Player 3:
    Player 4:
    Player 5:
    Player 6:
    Player 7:
    Player 8:
    Player 9:
    Player 10:

Alternate player 1:
    Alternate player 2:

2nd Preliminary choice:
    3rd Preliminary choice:

A complete team includes at least 10 members (maximum of one optional alternate can be listed but a maximum of 10 players per team at game start will play). Each player on the roster must have their correct IGN mentioned. Whoever posts the sign up will be the Team captain and any communication regarding tournament will go through them and will be handled on their thread. Time slots and and team numbers will be assigned on a first to post (with a complete eligible team) basis. Spawn will be random. Sign ups with incomplete information will be disregarded. IGNs must be exact, check your spelling and caps so white-list can be handled efficiently. Errors in IGNs provided can result in a player not being on the white-list, and therefore unable to log in. One change only will be allowed to teams, so be sure you have a complete and finalized team before you send in your sign up. Sign ups will close [Month, Date] and those sent after this time may not be counted. Each player may only compete on one team (including alternates). Team changes to substitute alternates can only be made by the team captain. Any time slots that are not filled will go on as scheduled with reduced teams. The captain will be notified after they post their sign up thread with information on how to have their team players confirm their participation. Only after all players have completed this registration process, will the team spot be reserved. Team captains will be notified when their place is in order.

PRELIMS WILL BE 10v10v10v10 AND FINALS WILL BE 10v10v10v10.

Warning:

The player who posts the team is team captain by default. Only team captains can request changes to teams. Do not sign up if your team is not complete; do not edit your time slot once you have requested one. If you need to change your time slot you need to request it. Make sure your IGNs are correct (caps and all)- I am not editing them for you.

If you have a player on your team that is playing on an alt - you need to declare at the time of posting the team who the actual player is. (Please heed the hiding banned players warning - no exceptions will be made do not be surprised if your team is disqualified as a result of falling foul to this rule).

ALL PLAYERS IN YOUR CLAN / TEAM MUST HAVE THE CLAN TAG IN GAME FOR YOUR TEAM. WE WILL NOT FIX THIS ON THE DAY - THEY WILL NOT GET INTO THE GAME.

Additional Info:
    All players are responsible for knowing and following the rules. Moderation in games will continue and players banned during game play will be removed from the match. Anyone who is team killed will be out of the match, so be sure you are choosing your teammates wisely and understand that we can't be responsible for issues that are out of our control. Players caught with Xray or PvP hacks or gaining other unfair advantages for their team will lead to a whole team disqualification. No "truces" or alliances between teams will be allowed.

Spectating will probably not be available. We plan to have several streamers with 5 minute delays streaming the matches. Staff in game will be expected to have walls chat off throughout the duration of the matches. If assistance is needed, please be sure to let a spectating Staff member know.

In the event the Championship round is short teams the spaces will be filled. Replacement teams for the finals will be a second place team determined in order by:
    1. Second place team with the most collective kills at the end of the preliminary match, determined by the tab list count of kills.
    2. Second place team with the most survival time in preliminary match, determined by scoreboard clock at the time of the last members death.
    Finalists that play in the Championship and win will get a special golden [mvp] server tag to mark their achievement as well as be listed in the hall of fame thread. It will be temporary until new MVPs are crowned (in subsequent tournaments).

Good Luck!
    First official the mining dead tournement!
    zkl5oh.png

The above results are pending review and may change if a team is dq'd.

Warning:

Once I place your team in the prelim slot, you will only be able to make one change before GMT [Day, Date, Month]. Do not use filler players and obvious alts as fillers in an attempt to reserve a spot. Team captains will receive information on how to get their players verified. After all of their players have verified, team captains will be notified once their spot in preliminary is confirmed. Player lists will be kept private until after sign ups are complete.

Streamer/Recorder List:
    PRELIM 1:
    PRELIM 2:
    PRELIM 3:
    PRELIM 4:

(Streamers/Recorders will be selected based on past experience and ability to show professional material. All potential streamers must have a 5 min delay and a chat mod to keep stream audio and chat clean.

The prize for the winning team in the finals will include a [MVP] tag (most valuable player) ingame and will get a chance to defend their title in the next season.

I have won the title 2 times before, many players didn't manage to reach the finals. I'm sure this will be a great succes for the server, season after season. It is something to going to look forward to.

If someone have any questions about this idea, feel free to leave a comment below or add me on skype: MilkTeaser.

Last edited:

MilkTeaser

Titan
    MilkTeaser
    MilkTeaser MilkTeaser
    Yea.. most of it is mostly for the staff, to show them this isn't an unproffesional idea.

Those tournaments were the most fun times in my whole minecraft career.

Once we played finals and the game took up to 7 hours. After a while it gets borred but then you also have alot of time to mess around with your skype friends but you still need to pay attention or you get ambushed when you don't expect it.

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno
    This idea is great as it gives more opportunities to have more epic battles in HN, or possibly TMD. There is one slight idea I would change, and that is the suggestion of players per team.

Let me explain: As great as it is to have a massive team is cool when it comes to PvP... but what about communication and cooperating?

I understand that you added that the contestants would converse via Skype/Teamspeak/Discord/ect. But you also added...
    In order to sign up, the captain must post a new thread

This can be a problem as players will have an argument about being the team leader/captain. Sometimes, it may get physical/personal. Plus, to be able to cooperate with eachother on the same idea can be very tedious. Instead, I would at least have 5 players to make the process easier, with the action still as progressive as it once was before.

But other than that, I 100% agree with this idea and wish to have this added into the server. I believe it will benefit it in many ways. :)

MilkTeaser

Titan
    MilkTeaser
    MilkTeaser MilkTeaser
    This idea is great as it gives more opportunities to have more epic battles in HN, or possibly TMD. There is one slight idea I would change, and that is the suggestion of players per team.

Let me explain: As great as it is to have a massive team is cool when it comes to PvP... but what about communication and cooperating?

I understand that you added that the contestants would converse via Skype/Teamspeak/Discord/ect. But you also added...

This can be a problem as players will have an argument about being the team leader/captain. Sometimes, it may get physical/personal. Plus, to be able to cooperate with eachother on the same idea can be very tedious. Instead, I would at least have 5 players to make the process easier, with the action still as progressive as it once was before.

It's life, in real life there Always needs to be a leader in order to work good as a team. But it doesn't have to be a dictator if you know what I mean. They captain is responsible for communication between staff and his team.