• IP Copied!
  • Thoughts on TMD's latest update and ideas for the future.

Do you like the new update?

• No, I highly dislike the update.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

xdeclanlee

As of June 12th 2017, Havoc MC released a brand new update for their most popular game mode yet, The Mining Dead. So far, most reviews on the update have been staggeringly positive, however, like many other games, following a brand new update is a vast amount of bugs, glitches and things that are added which players do not like.
    These are my thoughts and opinions on the new update, feel free to leave your ideas down below.

My ideas and suggestions for The Mining Dead will be coloured in
    red.

(1) The new map.
    The new map has exceeded many peoples expectations and is loved by the majority of Havoc. I for one believe this map is a huge step up from the past update and has really proven to us players that the staff of Havoc really do put time and effort into the map in order to feed our needs.
    However, as many old players would agree, no map will ever beat the good old classic 1.7/1.8 TMD map. The classic TMD map was perfect for PVP as it was small enough to find and ensue a battle near enough every time you exited spawn or the safe zone.
    I do understand why the map change was needed as not every TMD player is looking for PVP.

One suggestion about this map though, there are still some buildings with zero interior and some buildings which are blocked off with two blocks of wood etc because the builders ran out of time to build it. Obviously this shouldn't be a priority to do, but it should be something which is thought upon.

(2) The Classic 1.8 Version
    Although many people disagree with bringing back 1.8 as hackers now have a wider range of hacked clients to chose from, I feel having 1.8 back was a great stepping stone for Havoc MC to gain more players and to allow their server to grow even more. This is because many people, mainly PVPers still use 1.8 to this day on other servers like KIT PVP or FACTIONS.
    However, there are many texture glitches and just overall many bugs with this version. I think the staff should make it a priority to fix the bugs.

(3) The New PVP Physics
    Now, many people enjoy having overpowered shotguns which can inevitably one/two shot full juggs, however, I feel this needs to be nerfed at least down to 6-7 hearts maximum. I understand the damage on the spas is random, however recently it feels the overpowered damage has been very frequent, causing players to be very toxic in chat as they lose their extremely rare Juggernaut items.
    The overpowered shotguns has been well known to even one shot full riots, which, in PVP, there is not really much you can do to survive that. Either buff armour, or nerf the shotguns.

(4) Vehicles in The Mining Dead
    Do we really need to go into detail on this one?
    I'm pretty sure everyone reading this knows exactly what I am going to say about the vehicles.

Fix.
    Remove bikes from the game until they are fixed
    as recently it has been very difficult to PVP as many people will use the bikes to their advantage to glitch away and become invisible.
    (If you didn't know, players on vehicles which are roughly 10 blocks away from you go invisible).
    This glitch is game breaking and has me wondering why it is still in the game.

(5) In Game Achievements
    Achievements was a great thing to add as it allows another way to collect skulls and helps out players when collecting Rare, Godly or Legendary Crates. However, it seems as if there are way to little achievements to get and it seems as if they run out for players very quickly. I'd suggest adding maybe 20-30 more achievements.
    And, a side note to this idea,
    maybe add achievements which can only be achieved if you achieved another one, say, Kill a Walker and then wear that walkers walker guts.

(6) The Server Overall
    Right now, the server seems to be in a great place, with players increasing in small amounts every single day, Havoc MC has finally found a way to satisfy their players needs.
    However, with this update there have been many problems with the server, especially the amount of server lag which has happened recently.
    This should be a priority to fix as it is causing many players to ultimately stop playing the server and most likely the new players which join will not have a good first time and will most definitely end up quitting the server. If the players who join the server for the first time, there is a huge risk that Havoc will not get the donations in which they need to keep the server up and running.
    Havoc definitely needs to figure out a way to fix this as it is ruining the fun of The Mining Dead and their other game modes.

(7) The Staff
    Now, I'm not going to name and shame anyone, but recently the staff have been doing quite a poor job at monitoring the chat, and (mostly the new helpers) have been hashing out false warns left and right. I feel the staff, especially the new ones, need to be educated on the rules once more and the people promoting them need to know for sure if they can do a good job or not. But, congratulations to the new staff as I do think you guys are doing a good job, just make sure to stick to the rules and be careful on who you are warning and for what reason. :).
    Also, mainly Jr Mods and up, please do not ignore players in chat.

Thanks everyone for reading this enormous forum post. I'm sorry if anyone got offended by what I have wrote but I feel everything here needed to be said as it's really all I ever read about on Havoc now-a-days.

xDeclanLee
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0jXSjR3UQee-5HsRDOrOUg

Atosmic

Mythical
    Atosmic
    Atosmic Atosmic
    Thank you so much for making this post, lots of other players including myself feel the same way about the server as you do. This post has sure cleared up a few things and I really hope the staff use this as a guide to make their server better.

Christi

Legend
    Christi
    Christi Christi
    This is really in-depth, I like how you provide constructive criticism that is helpful rather than just stating problems. I agree with most of the things in the post & thank you for giving more insight into how players view staff members, I will keep this post in mind. :)

JSolo

Mythical
    JSolo
    JSolo JSolo
    I just wanted to add.. Tomorrow marks a whole month since the Update was released, however. Many things are still missing, for example. TMD Realism, or Hell Night, Banner Wars? and the "Arcade" that was supposedly "coming soon." I can't wait for HN and the rest of the other game modes to be released.

JSolo

Mythical
    JSolo
    JSolo JSolo
    One Last thing..

FIX WARPS

People can Camp a /warp and you just died trying to get to where u need because there are warp campers.
    Suggestion:
    Add a 1 block grace/1 block sz so you cant get shot at if you spawn there, therefore if you run out of that block you are in combat. May affect 1.10 users because they can get pushed out the block and get killed, whilst being AFK. So now you can check and see if there are any campers without losing the gear. Either expand the 1 block sz/grace where you cant get your head shot gunned off, 1-4-block sz around the warp.

For example, zVayne_ and his 3 other goons camped the Alexandria warp, 1 out numbering me and 2 out gearing. 1 Full 2 riots against 1 riot. All I wanted to do was loot Alexandria :( but noo we can't have nice things cuz people like him will ruin it :mad:

X9ine

Mythical
    DarthVaderfr
    DarthVaderfr DarthVaderfr
    As of June 12th 2017, Havoc MC released a brand new update for their most popular game mode yet, The Mining Dead. So far, most reviews on the update have been staggeringly positive, however, like many other games, following a brand new update is a vast amount of bugs, glitches and things that are added which players do not like.
    These are my thoughts and opinions on the new update, feel free to leave your ideas down below.

red.

(1) The new map.
    The new map has exceeded many peoples expectations and is loved by the majority of Havoc. I for one believe this map is a huge step up from the past update and has really proven to us players that the staff of Havoc really do put time and effort into the map in order to feed our needs.
    However, as many old players would agree, no map will ever beat the good old classic 1.7/1.8 TMD map. The classic TMD map was perfect for PVP as it was small enough to find and ensue a battle near enough every time you exited spawn or the safe zone.
    I do understand why the map change was needed as not every TMD player is looking for PVP.

One suggestion about this map though, there are still some buildings with zero interior and some buildings which are blocked off with two blocks of wood etc because the builders ran out of time to build it. Obviously this shouldn't be a priority to do, but it should be something which is thought upon.

Although many people disagree with bringing back 1.8 as hackers now have a wider range of hacked clients to chose from, I feel having 1.8 back was a great stepping stone for Havoc MC to gain more players and to allow their server to grow even more. This is because many people, mainly PVPers still use 1.8 to this day on other servers like KIT PVP or FACTIONS.
    However, there are many texture glitches and just overall many bugs with this version. I think the staff should make it a priority to fix the bugs.

(3) The New PVP Physics
    Now, many people enjoy having overpowered shotguns which can inevitably one/two shot full juggs, however, I feel this needs to be nerfed at least down to 6-7 hearts maximum. I understand the damage on the spas is random, however recently it feels the overpowered damage has been very frequent, causing players to be very toxic in chat as they lose their extremely rare Juggernaut items.
    The overpowered shotguns has been well known to even one shot full riots, which, in PVP, there is not really much you can do to survive that. Either buff armour, or nerf the shotguns.

I'm pretty sure everyone reading this knows exactly what I am going to say about the vehicles.

Fix.
    as recently it has been very difficult to PVP as many people will use the bikes to their advantage to glitch away and become invisible.
    (If you didn't know, players on vehicles which are roughly 10 blocks away from you go invisible).

(5) In Game Achievements
    Achievements was a great thing to add as it allows another way to collect skulls and helps out players when collecting Rare, Godly or Legendary Crates. However, it seems as if there are way to little achievements to get and it seems as if they run out for players very quickly. I'd suggest adding maybe 20-30 more achievements.
    maybe add achievements which can only be achieved if you achieved another one, say, Kill a Walker and then wear that walkers walker guts.

(6) The Server Overall
    Right now, the server seems to be in a great place, with players increasing in small amounts every single day, Havoc MC has finally found a way to satisfy their players needs.
    However, with this update there have been many problems with the server, especially the amount of server lag which has happened recently.
    This should be a priority to fix as it is causing many players to ultimately stop playing the server and most likely the new players which join will not have a good first time and will most definitely end up quitting the server. If the players who join the server for the first time, there is a huge risk that Havoc will not get the donations in which they need to keep the server up and running.
    Havoc definitely needs to figure out a way to fix this as it is ruining the fun of The Mining Dead and their other game modes.

(7) The Staff
    Now, I'm not going to name and shame anyone, but recently the staff have been doing quite a poor job at monitoring the chat, and (mostly the new helpers) have been hashing out false warns left and right. I feel the staff, especially the new ones, need to be educated on the rules once more and the people promoting them need to know for sure if they can do a good job or not. But, congratulations to the new staff as I do think you guys are doing a good job, just make sure to stick to the rules and be careful on who you are warning and for what reason. :).

Thanks everyone for reading this enormous forum post. I'm sorry if anyone got offended by what I have wrote but I feel everything here needed to be said as it's really all I ever read about on Havoc now-a-days.

xDeclanLee
    Amen

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr

red.

(1) The new map.

(3) The New PVP Physics

Fix.

(5) In Game Achievements

(6) The Server Overall

(7) The Staff

xDeclanLee
    Jugg is the worst issue for me to be honest. I lost a 1v1 in full in ten seconds because the guy oneshot me from 10 blocks xd

Draw4

Draw4
    Draw4 Draw4
    They're probably going keep bugs around for awhile unless they find time to fix them, but most likely not because they want to get other gamemodes up to date. It's an issue that server only has two coders to my knowledge because people will start complaining more about the bugs and we've seen this before. I think Owners should hire one or two people who can help speed up bug fixing and other related things.

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151

red.

(1) The new map.

(3) The New PVP Physics

Fix.

(5) In Game Achievements

(6) The Server Overall

(7) The Staff

xDeclanLee
    My thoughts on this-
    Declan has a point, with going back to 1.8 players have more hacked clients to chose from. I have been playing on a server recenty by a player that can not be named, and it is just like how old tmd used to be. Spases wouldnt one shot, gbars were over acurate (That would prob need to be nerfed a bit), riot wasnt nerfed, and riffles/machine guns actually could be useful. I would like to see some of the actual gun physics back from the 1.8 days, as i belive those were pretty well balanced for the most part.

I mentioned hackers, this server should try to make a better antt cheat. I know they are very busy, but if someone reaches a unreasonable cps they should be frozen in place and not able to pain resulting in death. this would notify all staff members. There may even be a way to stop ka hackers out there idk.