• IP Copied!
  • TMD Idea Thread

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    Here is a list of the changes the community wants, mixed with ideas I find would make the The Mining Dead more enjoyable..

The location of where each suggestion was found will be in a specific colour:

Discord ~ Forums ~ In Game ~ Other

460450998306209792.png

- The server lost interest the moment TMDOP got removed.

- Maybe cool mini-challenges for HH like there used to be.

- I recommend transferring vaults from tmd to classic so the "og pvpers" have the gear they worked to get for so long. Maybe you can dm a staff say "i want my vaults transferred" they would take ur stuff from the tmd vaults and transport them to the tmd-c vaults.

- More updates/features.

- I'd like TMD to become stable so people stop working on it, MW to get consistent updates, and maybe even a new mode or two.

- A Hell Night update.

- I'd like to see more tourneys for TMD to spice things up a bit. Sort of like what I did with Ft. Cat--> make a massive barricade fortress/battlefield and make a cash or legendary prize. The players loved it, so I think it would be a good thing to continue.

- Make 'disrupting events' a punishable offense.

- Add boats, tanks, and planes for TMD.

- Airplanes? Maybe if we had a story mode for TMD, as suggested somewhere else, we could add them as a cinematic asset.

- Player heads would be awesome!

- Amount of cash could be based on the player's kdr or elo... (Player that died.) Devs could just use the McMMo plugin...

- I suggest to add buyable houses where you can store your stuff.

- You should be able to buy them with ingame money and unlock different houses by leveling up. Maybe there also should be team houses.

- I have been thinking so much about this server recently, and after so many thoughts came by, I had a great idea: This is really simple... What if there was plain survival, but with a twist, that get loot from chests all over the map, you get guns, swords, lightsabers, vehicles, and even upgrades. But wait! There's more! The map is a group of islands, and some i gems you can get summon slime missiles, cannons, turrets, machines, and so on... I do understand if this may take a while to make or so, but at least think about it, Havoc Survival? Btw, your staff has been so busy that they can't keep up, you should probably make more staff come and join?

- Sandbox Mode For TMD

- New Gamemode/server

- Prison Gamemode

- Reset Vaults Fully

- TMD Plugin

- We need a cool trailer for the server to bring in players

- Make a camper with storage space that is drivable around the TMD map. It can be broken, and there is a ladder so you can stand on the top.

- Make med items how they were previously.

- I want 6-8 people to be able to sit in a car.

- Make a jeep, and allow players to stand on the sides of it and shoot walkers or people.

- Re-add horses.

- Being able to sell items to npc's

- Original pvp mechanics

- Original painkiller spamming

- Make rules about toxicity more strict

- Bring back horses and leads

- Jugg armour should give a slow affect, as it's heavy armour

- Readd duffels, backpacks, and pouches

- Censored /nickname(s) for roleplayers. It can only be accessed on TMDPVE-1 using /nick on

-
    I think I have an idea to fix the bag issue. It all starts with a /bag command; what if this /bag command gave you mobile space depending on your rank, so if you are a player just starting out and you are out and about killing peeps or walkers you do /bag and you have say 8 free slots to store stuff. If you have titan or mythical and you do /bag you may have 15 or 20 free slots to store stuff

- Every 5th Hell Night winners receive a godly crate

- Owners should communicate more with staff and players so they know work is being done

- Livestream of the owners voicing their responses to all the ideas

- Having to deposit money to your vault

- Police car and maybe a forest camo for motorcycles, and then make new textures for more vehicle looks

- What im trying to propose is having staff step away from "altering" the community's ideas/demands and we'll see what happens, because of the past few updates being unsuccessful

So this is my thread containing over 35 player suggestions for TMD and the general server, of all types of players in different communication platforms. (Pvpers and pvers, over forums, teamspeak, discord, in game, etc)

TMD is dying, and people have continuously stated that they want TMD 'back the way it was.' I agree with them, and anyone who agrees with this statement should comment in this thread and keep it going. I personally love the server, but many are quitting more and more each week because they don't think they're being heard by the owners. They'll contact builders and staff, and give their suggestions out there, but they never seem to be implemented without reason, or unless dozens of people riot about it. It isn't the players jobs to fix the server, and that isn't bashing the owners, nor the staff team. It means players have been doing a lot of the work, when they just want the server to become what it was before.

I personally have been on the server since September of 2015, and the problems started to form when the heavily toxic pvpers joined the server. When the server grew more, it must've become more difficult to maintain the server and its players wants/needs. Not necessarily because of the playerbase that joined, but rather the time it took to update the server, delays, legitament player ideas not being considered, etc. Numerous people complain about the communication issues within the server, and I agree it needs to be worked on.

I think realism is a great aspect to focus on, since that is when the server started losing players. (Mostly pvpers who participated in Jugg Wars) I believe that it's a good idea, but to an extent. If it's too realistic, people will give up with the server because richer players will be unstoppable with their jugg and golden weapons. I think the fall damage that was added recently is a great idea, although it's a tad annoying. Another discussion I think would be worth having is whether gun damage should be reduced, or armour protection.

In order to truly understand what the server wants, you have to play it. I didn't understand the struggle of pvpers until I started fighting myself. I was staff back in February, and made my own interpretations based on the forum threads and drama I witnessed. After I actually played and got into it, things made a lot more sense. It's disappointing to see the things you enjoy die slowly, with the people you enjoyed playing it with; communication is essential.

This mini-vent is simply my opinion(s) regarding the server, and opinions aren't right, nor wrong. The suggestions listed weren't all mine, and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with them, so please don't bash the thread, I'm only the messenger.

@Jacobg1998 @IgnitingIce @Beetley @Kendrq

~Katitude

Last edited:

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Awesome job Kati, thanks!

Seeing it all like this helps to give some sort of insight. It's clearly (to me, at least) that there's no possible good outcome of both PvP and PvE approaches.
    PvP is not survival, no matter how much tweaking you guys do. They gotta realize that PvP is an arcade mode, no more than that. You gather your stuff, get together and kill everybody, period. There's no reason, no factions. It's pure and simple piling up score points.

Then we have PvE, which have been getting some interesting tweakings, it's way more challenging to get out there and do stuff than before, even when full equipped. This will be absolutely insane once we have reasons to be out there: jobs to be done, materials to harvest, rewards to find, quests, challenging events, use MC's loot system to make us get outside safezones. It seems distant saying like that but its things that can be slowly being updated, no major disadvanges like messing with the pvp system.
    Havoc has this imense, powerful and awesome world, yet, there's no rational reason to explore it all besides taking a hike or just role playing.

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    Some of these ideas are really good and some of which I would like to see implemented and a few we have recently talked about adding to the game sometime in the near future. I think it would be a really good idea to have a twitch feed or a council post sent out of the owners and developments team opinions and input on if some of these ideas can be added into the game. I would definitely be down to doing a twitch feed or something on an open suggestion panel one day. I noticed the trailer idea and I can say we do have a big official TMD trailer we hope we can have done in the next few weeks and so far it is amazing as a few staff members have already scene some footage of it and its just mind blowing. I'm all for new game modes and hopefully when we get TMD back into good health we can focus on them more. I have always wanted to add sandbox type game mode and maybe one day it will be possible to have. There are great things that will be coming to Hell Night and hopefully when the new set up for it comes out everyone will enjoy it as it will seem more challenging and fast paced.

Again some of these ideas I like and some of which are possible, others maybe not as possible due to the limits we have. Overall yes I think a suggestion panel would be a great idea where players can ask the owners and development team kind of like a comic con panel on twitch I guess or discord whichever works.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Suggestion

Owners and devs should read the suggestions tab. If both owners and the dev read 1 suggestion a day, 21 suggestions could be commented on in a week. This is assuming they only read ONE a day. If they read 2 a day, it would be 42 ideas in a week. If reading a single thread is too time consuming, I would ask that the owners appoint a community manager to do it for them.

If community manager becomes a rank I volunteer as tribute. I can get 4-5 suggestions done in an hour, meaning at minimum I can get 28 suggestions MIMIMUM done in a week, assuming I am only on forums for an hour every day.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    It's just not that hard, even for ppl who are into programming: you have to keep notes and/or at least a changelog for the code's sake. If we had a LOCKED thread (where only owners/programmers/etc) could post their regular updates it would be awesome, no need to be online in discord or private messaging each other. Just edit the thread and ctrl+v all the changes made. What trouble would that be? 2 mins extra of your day?

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I'd like to see more tourneys for TMD to spice things up a bit. Sort of like what I did with Ft. Cat--> make a massive barricade fortress/battlefield and make a cash or legendary prize. The players loved it, so I think it would be a good thing to continue.
    Amen, sister <3

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Not happening for the foreseeable future, you've told this by most of the other builders on multiple occasions, drop it.
    What's wrong with advocating for the second most-played gamemode on Havoc? It was really popular, but it got screwed over pretty bad by lack of updates, communication, and attention in general. It's not too late to water that flower!

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    What's wrong with advocating for the second most-played gamemode on Havoc? It was really popular, but it got screwed over pretty bad by lack of updates, communication, and attention in general. It's not too late to water that flower!
    When the flower doesn't produce anything of worth then there isn't a point. I wouldn't even say it was the second. I'd rather buy a new flower that actually produces something and looks good.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    I’m sure players will make a suggestion thread for mine wars, and that’s totally okay, however this thread is for TMD; that’s okay too!

MichaelSteve

Mythical
    MichaelSteve
    MichaelSteve MichaelSteve
    Not happening for the foreseeable future, you've told this by most of the other builders on multiple occasions, drop it.
    Builders aren't really the decision makers here. I put the suggestion here because I know a lot of other players want to know too.
    I’m sure players will make a suggestion thread for mine wars, and that’s totally okay, however this thread is for TMD; that’s okay too!
    I saw new gamemode ideas and thought it was ok to put it, my bad.

Last edited:

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Me and Michael spoke, I retract my statement. Minewars should be worked on after TMD
    in regards to that flower metaphor, I should have been more clear: it's like an orchid--> when given the proper care, they bloom into wonderful creations, but without the proper care, it's just a stem.

Flirtin

If MineWars had proper support and was properly advertised, I believe it could grow. There's a huge fan base out there for Star Wars.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    100% on board. This would be so cool! Roleplay nicks, new gehicles, tanks (why? Cause tank) and mpre! We need some of this added. (Especially a few ideas of my own