• IP Copied!
  • [TMD] Suggestion - Shelters

DeathlyIntimate

Hi,
    I used to play on this other server (not going to advertise it here) where they had this thing called Shelters. Basically, there are certain structures, such as some RV's, tents, shacks, caves, etc. that could be rented out to players as a form of housing and storage, hence the name of Shelters.
    The other server I used to play on (HavocMC is much, much better so I no longer play there :p) would have a sign outside of each Shelter that would display a time length that the shelter could be rented for at a given price, and, if rented out, the owner and when their rent would end.
    These shelters could just have a few extra chests in them or something and could be free from zombies and other players, sort of like a personal Safezone.
    Perhaps we could also add team members and friends so they have access to the chests and shelter. Maybe we could teleport there?
    I don't really know if this would work, but there could be many neat options that would be a result of having Shelters on TMD.

Anyways, looking forward to responses and hope to see you all later!
    ~Hussn

Post Script:
    (Psst, staffers... this could be a neat idea for donors! Maybe only allow the use of Shelters for certain donor ranks ;) It could probably get me to donate!)

DrDanBananaMan

Shelters? You mean "Camper Heaven"... Its a good idea though for possibly another server. I think it would be nice to let teams rent an area similar to towny/factions.

Tactical_Fox48
    Tactical_Fox48 Tactical_Fox48
    Not a bad idea, although it might be a little op to have your own "Safezone", as issues would arise in PvP servers. One such issue may be getting damaged near a so called Safezone, entering and grabbing some pains/other equipment without being killed because of the no PvP area, and coming back out again to fight completely healed and loaded with weapons and ammo.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Hi,
    I used to play on this other server (not going to advertise it here) where they had this thing called Shelters. Basically, there are certain structures, such as some RV's, tents, shacks, caves, etc. that could be rented out to players as a form of housing and storage, hence the name of Shelters.
    The other server I used to play on (HavocMC is much, much better so I no longer play there :p) would have a sign outside of each Shelter that would display a time length that the shelter could be rented for at a given price, and, if rented out, the owner and when their rent would end.
    These shelters could just have a few extra chests in them or something and could be free from zombies and other players, sort of like a personal Safezone.
    Perhaps we could also add team members and friends so they have access to the chests and shelter. Maybe we could teleport there?
    I don't really know if this would work, but there could be many neat options that would be a result of having Shelters on TMD.

Anyways, looking forward to responses and hope to see you all later!
    ~Hussn

Post Script:
    (Psst, staffers... this could be a neat idea for donors! Maybe only allow the use of Shelters for certain donor ranks ;) It could probably get me to donate!)

Doesn't really fit the theme of this server. It is a cool idea but I wouldn't like to see it become a thing.

DeathlyIntimate

Not a bad idea, although it might be a little op to have your own "Safezone", as issues would arise in PvP servers. One such issue may be getting damaged near a so called Safezone, entering and grabbing some pains/other equipment without being killed because of the no PvP area, and coming back out again to fight completely healed and loaded with weapons and ammo.
    What about a combat timer? Or just allow pvp in there and simply have it for storage or something.

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    PolarDynasty PolarDynasty
    This is a horrible idea. Why tf would you pay for shelter that is clearly not used by anyone, in the middle of a zombie apocalypse...

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Instead of "renting", maybe declaring your Shelter with a banner? I know another server incorporated something like that in their apocalypse survival.

Ik what server your talking about and this server doesn't fit that theme. It would also seem like copying the server.

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    i think i know what server your talking about....anyway, this would be a bit OP but not a bad idea.

DeathlyIntimate

Then people would camp your "shelter"
    Good point.
    This is a horrible idea. Why tf would you pay for shelter that is clearly not used by anyone, in the middle of a zombie apocalypse...
    Apologies; this was simply an idea that I thought might work. However, this evidently doesn't fit in on this server. I was only attempting to think of a way to create more of a ... 'goal' to reach for. While MineZ is a lot of fun, most players will eventually die or reach a point where they have all of the top-tier items. I'm not saying it's not fun after either of those prevents the gamemode from being exciting, simply that there isn't an overall goal you're trying to reach. I thought that Shelters might be a way to create this 'goal,' but apparently it's not in favor by the community.
    Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    Good point.

Apologies; this was simply an idea that I thought might work. However, this evidently doesn't fit in on this server. I was only attempting to think of a way to create more of a ... 'goal' to reach for. While MineZ is a lot of fun, most players will eventually die or reach a point where they have all of the top-tier items. I'm not saying it's not fun after either of those prevents the gamemode from being exciting, simply that there isn't an overall goal you're trying to reach. I thought that Shelters might be a way to create this 'goal,' but apparently it's not in favor by the community.
    Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

This is a nice idea, it just needs some tweaking, maybe theese "shelters" should be SUPER rare and free, so if you find one you can instantly claim it. And by rare I mean like 20 on the map. It would make a genuine "goal" and it would force people to leave the Berx-CDC area.

curiousgeorge341

Champion
    curiousgeorge341
    curiousgeorge341 curiousgeorge341
    Yeah idk about renting but having bases which maybe have special loot which you can control would definitely be fun :D