• IP Copied!
  • Towny: A few quality suggestions now that i'm back :)

yes?

• Total voters

TrashSoup

Mythical
    TheRoyalTamarin
    TheRoyalTamarin TheRoyalTamarin
    I've recently come back to the community after a long few months and I was excited to play towny after the recent changes.

I still have a few suggestions though, that would be amazing!

1) Solid Custom Enchants:
    - You could use custom enchanting books or other to get custom enchants on your tools/armor.
    - A "FEW" examples of custom enchants would be:
    • Poison for the sword: When hitting an opponent, there is a chance it will poison the target. The chance increases with level, and so does duration. (Levels: 4)
    • Headhunter for the sword: When an opponent (player) is killed, their head is dropped. The same applies for mobs, but there is a given chance (ex: 20%) that a mob drops their head from headhunter. (Levels: 1)
    • Critical Hit for the sword: Gives the sword a low chance based on level to hit much harder, and critical hits deal more damage (per level as well). (3 Levels)
    • Explosive Hit for the sword: Gives a low chance based on level to give off a small radius explosion (a lot smaller than an actual TNT explosion, but relatively well ranged) (3 Levels)
    • Lightning for the sword: A low chance to summon lightning on the target when hit. (3 Levels)
    • Weighed Hit for sword: A chance to slow down the target after being hit. (2 Levels)
    • Floating Combo: A chance to make the target levitate for a short time, to be able to continue a combo. (3 Levels)
    • Confusing Hit for the sword: A chance to make the target flip in the opposite direction. (2 Levels)
    • Multishot for the bow: Shoots multiple scattered arrows. (2 Levels)
    • Explosive Shot for the bow: When a target is hit, there is a decent chance to have a slight explosion. (3 Levels)
    • Range for bow: The bow has a straighter shot and more range the more levels are given. (4 Levels)
    • Tripleshot for bow: The bow shoots 3 consecutive arrows (consuming 3), the range is slightly decreased though, but more levels mean better range. (2 Levels)
    • Airstrike for bow: When the arrow hits the target, there is a chance to drop a primed TNT on the target. The chance increases with level, and so does the explosive damage. (4 Levels)
    • Arrowrain for bow: When the arrows hits the target, there is a chance to rain arrows. More levels mean higher chance and more arrows. (3 Levels)
    • Swordbreaker for chestplate: This enchantment makes swords break much quicker when hit. Damage dealt to sword increases per level. (3 levels)
    • Speed for boots: More levels mean more speed. (4 Levels)
    • Jumping for boots: More levels mean higher jumps. 4 Levels)
    • Deathbomb for chestplate: When killed, primed tnt comes and explodes the area to finish off the enemy. More levels mean more TNT and more damage. (2 Levels)
    • Deadweight for leggings: You are slightly slower, but in return hitting your target deals much more damage and slightly increases speed. This bonus increases per level. (3 Levels)
    • Grappling for bow: When arrow lands, you are grappled to the location. (1 Level)
    • Denial for armor: When a negative effect is dealt, there is a chance for it to be "denied". This chance increases per level. (3 Levels)
    • Throwing for sword or axe: When you right click, the weapon is launched at the target, but must be picked up to be retreived. This deals much more damage than an ordinary hit and procs every custom enchant the weapon has. Range and speed is increased per level. (3 Levels)
    • Heavy Hit for axe: Chance to drop an anvil on the target when hit. Increases per level. (3 Levels)
    • Shotput for bow: The arrow has significantly less range, but deals incredible damage and slows down the target for a short time. More levels mean slightly more range, more damage, and longer effect. (3 Levels)
    • Seeking for bow: The arrow slightly seeks the target by slowly moving direction. This can miss but helps aim a lot. Higher level means quicker seeking. (2 Levels)
    • Taunt for bow: When an arrow lands on anything (ground or target), it has a decent chance to make a noise of a creeper exploding around the target.

Yea that's a lot of custom enchants, but I'd atleast like to see a few, since I love myself some custom enchants >:D
    2) UI Vaults:
    - Able to open a vault and put a double chest size of items.
    - You can get more vaults using currency, but theres a limit.
    - Ranks get significantly more vaults and more storage.

3) Better rank bonuses:
    - Solid kits for each rank
    - Custom cosmetics like wings for ranks (mythical especially)
    - Access to certain commands, and quicker teleportation (possibly?)
    - Commands like /silk to make all items you use have silk touch. Doing /silk again will disable this, and you can only do it once in a while (every 1hr for example)
    - Rank crates, such as daily crates that give large amounts of currency, rare items like obsidian, or even spawn eggs and mob spawners. (each rank has a daily crate and higher ranks can use lower rank crates as well, similar to TMD)
    - Vault storage to store more items in a enderchest with a UI. (see suggestion #2)
    - Simple bonuses a lot like when you kill a zombie in TMD and get more cash with mythical rank.

4) More advertising of the gamemode:
    - There are a decent amount of people who play towny, but it really isn't advertised enough, and TMD really steals the spotlight while Towny shows great potential. I think if towny was displayed more it would allow the gamemode to not only have more players, but get recognized more.

5) Events:
    - One event (as an example) would be that a chest drops from the sky as a airdrop and has very rare/good items or even enchanted tools/armor and mob spawners. This event would happen every 30 minutes (or more) and the coordinates would appear on the action bar for everyone to see. Not only would this make people run to get the items, but it would allow a lot more fun.
    - Another event would be a boss event, where something like a giant slime appears and killing it rewards you with something, a random event like this could happen every so often.
    - Another event (once more) would be challenge events, like who can break the most blocks in 1 minute, or who can kill the most mobs (probably not fair due to mob farms), etc... There would also be a set reward for winner 1, 2 and 3.
    - Events like these would really spice up the gamemode and add quite a bit of fun, I think some people could agree.

6) A crap ton of epic cosmetics: (cuz who doesn't want cosmetics?)
    - Cosmetics are always really interesting to see in minecraft servers, and they spice things up and are really fun to use!
    - A catalog of cosmetics would be awesome, and you could earn some buy either buying them or completing a challenge of some sort.
    - Certain ranks get free cosmetics and can make custom wings.

7) Generally more updates:
    - This really doesn't need much explaining, but Towny needs a solid amount of updates so that:
    1) The gamemode gets more recognized
    2) The gamemode is much more polished
    3) The gamemode is much more fun
    4) It stays interesting and keeps people wanting M O R E
    5) WHO DOESN'T WANT MORE UPDATES?

I think a lot of this would really change the gamemode so much and make it incredibly fun and interesting. Many of these seem relatively easy to add as well, such as kits and vaults and rank bonuses.

Thank you for (coming to my ted talk) reading this and I rly hope the Towny staff get some of this considered cuz i know how awesome they are >:D