• IP Copied!
  • UHC Gamemode

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Flirtin

I would appreciate for everyone to take a minute out and read over this post before posting how this gamemode wouldn't fit HavocMC, wouldn't be worth it, etc.

What is UHC?
    UHC stands for Ultimate Hardcore. In this gamemode players start off in a world with a border usually 1,500 x 1,500- and have to mine, survive and get healing on their own within a set time frame of around 40-50 minutes until the border starts to shrink. Border usually takes 20-30 minutes entirely down to 50x50 which is called death match.

How do you heal in UHC?
    UHC is based off of eating golden apples, golden heads, and notch apples to heal. Golden apples can be created by mining 8 golden ore and smelting it to craft the golden apple. A golden head is a players' head from a kill which you put in the middle of the crafting table and craft like a golden apple, but as soon as you right click the golden head you get regeneration. All natural regeneration is disabled (You won't regenerate health even if your hunger bar is full.)

How does it work?
    Each UHC game can be divided in team size & scenarios. Each game usually has two scenarios.
    Common Team Sizes:
    • Solo
    • Duo
    • Trio

Common Scenarios:
    • Rodless (Meaning rods can't be used or crafted)
    • Bowless (Meaning bows can't be used or crafted)
    • Mobless (Mobs won't spawn)
    • Diamondless (Diamonds aren't able to be mined, but receive 1 diamond from each player kill [Diamonds are used for enchantment tables])
    • Blood Diamonds (Lose 1/2 heart upon mining 1 diamond)
    • Potions Enabled (Players can go to the nether to get ingredients to brew potions [Having potions disabled besides when this scenario is active gives all players a fair chance because not everyone can make pots])
    • Strong Tummy (Players stay nourished all game)
    • CutClean (Ores automatically drop into ingots, so you don't have to smelt anything- Also means animals instantly drop cooked food and flint drops instantly from gravel)
    • NoClean (Upon killing a player you receive 15 seconds of invincibility so you cannot be cleaned)
    • Headless (Player heads don't drop upon death, so you cannot create a golden head)
    • Head Frenzy (Players instantly drop golden heads, so you can use all your gold for apples)

- Obviously scenarios such as Headless & Head frenzy | Diamondless & Blood Diamonds wouldn't be paired with each other

Game Times & Prizes?
    Games should be hosted every 15 hours from the start of each game, so players from all around different time zones will get a chance to play. Ranks and crates are quite costy on the shop so winners should receive a $2.00 buycraft giftcard. RANKS SHOULD NOT GIVE BENEFIT IN UHC.
    Games would rotate like the following:
    1st Game: Solo [2 Scenarios]
    2nd Game: Duo [2 Scenarios]
    3rd Game: Trio [2 Scenarios]

4th Game: Solo [2 Scenarios]
    5th Game: Duo [2 Scenarios]
    6th Game: Trio [2 Scenarios]

And games should so on be repeated in the same format followed by different scenarios each game.

Misc:
    With UHC shut downs on servers such as Minemen Club & Badlion players are in rapid search of UHC servers. Myself, Syntrel, and Jahango all frequently play UHC and this could be a gamemode that brings us all back. For more information of UHC gameplay feel free to check out my YouTube @ Flirtin YT

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    I would appreciate for everyone to take a minute out and read over this post before posting how this gamemode wouldn't fit HavocMC, wouldn't be worth it, etc.

What is UHC?
    UHC stands for Ultimate Hardcore. In this gamemode players start off in a world with a border usually 1,500 x 1,500- and have to mine, survive and get healing on their own within a set time frame of around 40-50 minutes until the border starts to shrink. Border usually takes 20-30 minutes entirely down to 50x50 which is called death match.

How do you heal in UHC?
    UHC is based off of eating golden apples, golden heads, and notch apples to heal. Golden apples can be created by mining 8 golden ore and smelting it to craft the golden apple. A golden head is a players' head from a kill which you put in the middle of the crafting table and craft like a golden apple, but as soon as you right click the golden head you get regeneration. All natural regeneration is disabled (You won't regenerate health even if your hunger bar is full.)

How does it work?
    Each UHC game can be divided in team size & scenarios. Each game usually has two scenarios.
    Common Team Sizes:
    • Solo
    • Duo
    • Trio

Common Scenarios:
    • Rodless (Meaning rods can't be used or crafted)
    • Bowless (Meaning bows can't be used or crafted)
    • Mobless (Mobs won't spawn)
    • Diamondless (Diamonds aren't able to be mined, but receive 1 diamond from each player kill [Diamonds are used for enchantment tables])
    • Blood Diamonds (Lose 1/2 heart upon mining 1 diamond)
    • Potions Enabled (Players can go to the nether to get ingredients to brew potions [Having potions disabled besides when this scenario is active gives all players a fair chance because not everyone can make pots])
    • Strong Tummy (Players stay nourished all game)
    • CutClean (Ores automatically drop into ingots, so you don't have to smelt anything- Also means animals instantly drop cooked food and flint drops instantly from gravel)
    • NoClean (Upon killing a player you receive 15 seconds of invincibility so you cannot be cleaned)
    • Headless (Player heads don't drop upon death, so you cannot create a golden head)
    • Head Frenzy (Players instantly drop golden heads, so you can use all your gold for apples)

- Obviously scenarios such as Headless & Head frenzy | Diamondless & Blood Diamonds wouldn't be paired with each other

Game Times & Prizes?
    Games should be hosted every 15 hours from the start of each game, so players from all around different time zones will get a chance to play. Ranks and crates are quite costy on the shop so winners should receive a $2.00 buycraft giftcard. RANKS SHOULD NOT GIVE BENEFIT IN UHC.
    Games would rotate like the following:
    1st Game: Solo [2 Scenarios]
    2nd Game: Duo [2 Scenarios]
    3rd Game: Trio [2 Scenarios]

4th Game: Solo [2 Scenarios]
    5th Game: Duo [2 Scenarios]
    6th Game: Trio [2 Scenarios]

And games should so on be repeated in the same format followed by different scenarios each game.

Misc:
    With UHC shut downs on servers such as Minemen Club & Badlion players are in rapid search of UHC servers. Myself, Syntrel, and Jahango all frequently play UHC and this could be a gamemode that brings us all back. For more information of UHC gameplay feel free to check out my YouTube @ Flirtin YT
    I’m all for it but they prize should be something cheaper or in-game skulls to get crates with.

Flirtin

Cheating:
    Staff could get notifications when gold/diamond ore is mined. Freezing could still be apart of this to prove innocence. Also upon death players would be able to spectate until game ends.

Misc:
    What if it’s death match and no one fights? Simply let whoever has the most kills when & if there’s a tie between players let the team with most people win if it’s a team game & if it’s solo game whoever has most healing give them the way if kills are tied.

Flirtin

No. Horrible idea. The spam would be unreal.
    Great idea- catching players who use xray. Staff should only get notifications if they're spectating the game. If a staff member is playing the game they shouldn't receive notifications & have to die in order to spectate.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Great idea- catching players who use xray. Staff should only get notifications if they're spectating the game. If a staff member is playing the game they shouldn't receive notifications & have to die in order to spectate.
    You don't understand. That's genuinely a bad idea. Besides, it's not that hard for a staff to EASILY just tp to players occasionally and make sure they're bein' good beans.

The spam would be horrible. Ain't got time for that.

Flirtin

You don't understand. That's genuinely a bad idea. Besides, it's not that hard for a staff to EASILY just tp to players occasionally and make sure they're bein' good beans.

The spam would be horrible. Ain't got time for that.

Do you not ever mine in Minecraft Vanilla? Literally you don't find diamonds & gold every other block you mine.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Do you not ever mine in Minecraft Vanilla? Literally you don't find diamonds & gold every other block you mine.
    Well, considering there will be more than one player, I'll bet it'll be decent enough. Like I said, it's not that hard for a staff member to just do a routine check up on all the players.

And, this is coming from a former staff member, having messages like that become stale in the sense that we stop caring. For example, the FPS monitor on TMD goes off like every 3 seconds, and most of the time, it's not actually an autoclicker.

In conclusion..... that's just not a good idea...

Flirtin

Well, considering there will be more than one player, I'll bet it'll be decent enough. Like I said, it's not that hard for a staff member to just do a routine check up on all the players.

And, this is coming from a former staff member, having messages like that become stale in the sense that we stop caring. For example, the FPS monitor on TMD goes off like every 3 seconds, and most of the time, it's not actually an autoclicker.

In conclusion..... that's just not a good idea...

This post was made by a UHC server owner, trust me it doesn’t spam chat.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Stop trying to create an argument.
    Bro I'm literally not. I'm telling why it's not really the best idea. Especially considering Havoc is NOT a vanilla-based server, I highly doubt UHC will ever be added, or even be popular. They can hardly keep up MM and HH so...

My points are still valid. If you care to continue this, I'm open for a PM.

Flirtin

Bro I'm literally not. I'm telling why it's not really the best idea. Especially considering Havoc is NOT a vanilla-based server, I highly doubt UHC will ever be added, or even be popular. They can hardly keep up MM and HH so...

My points are still valid. If you care to continue this, I'm open for a PM.

Players are in search of a UHC based gamemode due to the shutdown of Minemen's UHC gamemode. Tping to players would take too much time and be way less efficient due to the fact barely more then 4 staff are online at once.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Minemen's UHC gamemode.
    My apologies, but I've never heard of such a server. Hypixel, Mineplex, the Hive, and all the other big hub servers have UHC, so I don't see why Havoc needs one.

Just saying dude, it wont be kept up, trust me on that. As for the TP-ing kink, it could probably be set up like Hypixel where a compass will have all the player heads for easy tp-ing.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    My apologies, but I've never heard of such a server. Hypixel, Mineplex, the Hive, and all the other big hub servers have UHC, so I don't see why Havoc needs one.

Just saying dude, it wont be kept up, trust me on that. As for the TP-ing kink, it could probably be set up like Hypixel where a compass will have all the player heads for easy tp-ing.
    Sorry to derail this a bit but a game mode Havoc should have is Zombies. It would be just like COD Zombies but for the "Map" it would be famous places on our TMD map. For example, one map would be Hershel's Farm. We could even vote during intermission which "Map" to play on.

Flirtin

Because you're too interested into minigame servers. Many known YouTubers play the server and the server has a playerbase of 300-400.
    https://imgur.com/a/diskJre

Sorry to derail this a bit but a game mode Havoc should have is Zombies. It would be just like COD Zombies but for the "Map" it would be famous places on our TMD map. For example, one map would be Hershel's Farm. We could even vote during intermission which "Map" to play on.

Don't care about the thread derailing unless staff do, but I do agree Havoc could add a Zombies gamemode. I used to play a zombie server based around Call of duty (EnderCraft Build) and it had a stable playerbase. Custom Texture pack with 2D guns and custom maps. Each map would contain purchasable open doors, pak a punch (which makes your weapon stronger in cod) and a mystery box.

Flirtin

A lot of people don't like Hypixel UHC due to their special abilities factor which gives new players bare chance of winning or doing good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.